50 hours as a netrunner, just don't

+
The fact remains that this game would have been infinitely better if they didn't go the looter shooter route, and if they worked the weapons and gear you get into the storyline and side quests in meaningful ways. They could and should have made the weapon progression a very purposeful thing with an in-depth and detailed modding and crafting system.

They could have done the following, for example:

1. Made it so we have weapon archetypes: a few types of handguns, a few types of rifles, a few types of SMG's, shotguns and DMRs (designated marksman rifle)

2. The ability to craft from each one of these types, but use both found and crafted materials to create specific builds of each archetype with controlled stats and abilities based on materials used in the crafting process. You use a specific set of materials, you get a specific type of that gun with a specific set of stats. You use crafted or more easily found materials to set the stats to specific ones, and with epic and legendary weapons, you use a very rare, specific type of world drop material to determine what unique ability the weapon would have.

3. Each outcome would create a unique weapon that you can find no where else in the game.

4. We could have gotten unique weapons that we carry with us throughout the entirety of the game as drops from bosses and story encounters, but one's that could be modified, upgraded and customized in a variety of ways using the crafting system along the way. They also could have slowly introduced various mods and augmentations to us as we progressed that allow syncing with the weapon in ways unique to each one:

Like a shotgun that shoots a cartridge full of drones (an amount of drones that could be upgraded over time with progressively better mods) that when shot into the air, the drones will follow you like a cloud, each bullet-drone seeking enemies that get too close, imbedding inside of a limb and exploding, blowing the limb off and a chunk of HP, consuming the cloud one bullet-drone at a time. But when fired directly at an enemy instead of into the air, the bullets seek the enemy, enter the body and then explode ALL AT ONCE, taking off all of their limbs and their head, killing them instantly.

See? Unique ideas. Unique weapons. It's better than the overwhelmingly mediocre looter shooter route they took. I came up with this idea in a matter of minutes. I could come up with a dozen such weapons in a single day. They could have spent their time making fewer more unique weapons and then designing a multitude of mods for the weapons (for us to find and/or to craft) to change how they behave, and augmentations for our character to interact with the weapons in unique ways.

For example, that specific shotgun only works that way with a specific set of mods and augmentations, and could do something completely different with the bullet-drones by using other mods and augmentations. Now THAT is a freaking Smart weapon, and the kind of creative design and unique named weapons that this kind of game needed.

And back to point "2." The thing that determines that drone ability for any given weapon would be the "very rare, unique world drop material" used for determining the ability. You could put this mat into any type of weapon during the crafting process and it'd imbue it with that ability, but tailored specifically for that weapon archetype. For the shotgun, it's the cloud of drones (because shotguns shoot a mass of pellets), but with the SMG, it would do something different, and something different even still with the handgun. Etc.

I'm talking legendary weapons that gamers would talk about for years afterward. "Hey, remember that gun that shot a bullet full of nanites that would enter the bad guy and then propagate through his body and take his augmentations over, turning him temporarily into a drone that would fight for you, or if you used a different type of mod in the gun, a drone that would run toward the closest enemy and explode like a suicide bomber?"

Yeah, we needed unique, named, worthwhile weapons from bosses and story encounters like that in this game. Not a bunch of literal junk that has no meaning because you're constantly replacing those legendary weapons that you want to love, but can't, because white, common weapons replace them just an hour worth of playtime later. It doesn't create a connection between the weapons and the player. It makes you not care about your weapons like you would if they truly were legendary.

A legendary weapon would never be outdone by a common one, but in CDPR's game, they are. And it ruins the experience.

It's disappointing and lazy development on CDPR's part.
Post automatically merged:

I dismantle the vast majority of the weapons. You don't understand how all of those systems work together, do you? It has everything to do with crafting. The loot and combat encounters being the way they are have EVERYTHING to do with crafting being useless. They're the reason it's useless. It doesn't make sense to you because you don't seem to be able to think in the abstract.

Again, that has nothing to do with the looting system or the crafting system - but the encounter balance.

You're not making any sense, I'm afraid.

If you find endless weapons - then what's the problem with dismantling some? Again, the best possible DPS will come from crafted weapons - because you get 15% additional damage with them with the right perks. Even if you have to dismantle 100 legendary weapons - the one legendary weapon you end up crafting will be 15% better than anything you could possibly find, regardless.

Components can't be a problem logically, because - as you say - you find stuff to dismantle ad nauseum. Also, you can simply sell components and buy those you need, if you want to make it even easier.

So, the system works fine - and there's a logical incentive to craft stuff.

Only, you don't need that stuff - because enemies are trivial to kill because of AI and encounter design.

Conclusively, the problem is encounter balance - not a bad crafting system.

Which is a huge step up from Witcher 3, which was terrible in every way but world building and story telling.

People just pretended it was amazing because they got caught up in the story and the pretty visuals. Visuals that Cyberpunk can easily beat without breaking a sweat, I might add.

How do you not understand that the loot and combat systems render crafting pointless? I explained it to you directly. I really don't think you're capable of thinking in the abstract. With a constant barrage of common weapons made worthwhile by easy enemies, crafting anything any better is made pointless. Not because the average person wouldn't WANT to have more interesting weapons, but because crafting was made artificially too difficult to achieve because of the stupidity of the materials situation. It's a vicious cycle of compounding issues that all have to exist within an ecosystem. The ecosystem does not function together properly. And they very much do have everything to do with one another.

Last edited:
The fact remains that this game would have been infinitely better if they didn't go the looter shooter route, and if they worked the weapons and gear you get into the storyline and side quests in meaningful ways. They could and should have made the weapon progression a very purposeful thing with an in-depth and detailed modding and crafting system.

They could have done the following, for example:

1. Made it so we have weapon archetypes: a few types of handguns, a few types of rifles, a few types of SMG's, shotguns and DMRs (designated marksman rifle)
2. The ability to craft from each one of these types, but use both found and crafted materials to create specific builds of each archetype with controlled stats and abilities based on materials.
3. Each outcome would create a unique weapon that you can find no where else in the game.

4. We could have gotten unique weapons that we carry with us throughout the entirety of the game as drops from bosses and story encounters, but one's that could be modified, upgraded and customized in a variety of was using the crafting system along the way. They also could have slowly introduced various mods and augmentations to us as we progressed that allow syncing with the weapon in ways unique to each weapon (like a handgun that shoots drones, that when shot into the air will follow you like a cloud, each bullet seeking enemies that get too close, imbedding inside of them and exploding, consuming the cloud one bullet-drone at a time. But when fired directly at an enemy, the bullets seek the enemy, enter the body and then explode.) Now THAT is a freaking Smart weapon, and the kind of creative design and unique NAMED weapons that this kind of game needed.

Weapons that gamers would talk about for years afterward. "Hey, remember that gun that shot a bullet full of nanites that would enter the bad guy and then propagate through his body and take his augmentations over, turning him temporarily into a drone that would fight for you, or if you used a different type of ammo, a drone that would run toward the closest enemy and explode like a suicide bomber?"

Yeah, we needed unique, named worthwhile weapons from bosses and story encounters like that in this game. Not a bunch of literal junk that has no meaning because you're constantly replacing that legendary that you want to love, but can't, because a white, common weapon just replaced it.

It's disappointing and lazy development on CDPR's part.

I dismantle the vast majority of the weapons. You don't understand how all of those systems work together, do you? It has everything to do with crafting. The loot and combat encounters being the way they are have EVERYTHING to do with crafting being useless. They're the reason it's useless. It doesn't make sense to you because you don't seem to be able to think in the abstract.

Oh, I get it. You can't argue your case rationally, so it's "you don't understand and you're wrong" time :)

I'm afraid that doesn't quite work to make your invalid argument valid. Crafting system might not be ideal or perfect - but it's working fine and your original claim is false.

But I get that you don't like the loot and that you wanted everything about the loot to be unique and amazing to remember for years to come. That would have been nice, but not something that's realistic in a game of this scope and density. Certainly not something I would have ever expected from the Witcher 3 developers.

Anyway, I think that's enough of this.

I haven't played to the end of the game, but everyone I know that has (including the guy in the YouTube video up there), complain about getting to end-game and never once having gotten enough mats to make crafting worthwhile. It's just not a good system. It was all poorly implemented.

Oh, I get it. You can't argue your case rationally, so it's "you don't understand and you're wrong" time :)

I'm afraid that doesn't quite work to make your invalid argument valid. Crafting system might not be ideal or perfect - but it's working fine and your original claim is false.

But I get that you don't like the loot and that you wanted everything about the loot to be unique and amazing to remember for years to come. That would have been nice, but not something that's realistic in a game of this scope and density. Certainly not something I would have ever expected from the Witcher 3 developers.

I argued my case rationally. It's not my problem that you can't understand abstract thought. Literally everyone I've talked to about it with even a vague sense of intelligence has had the same response to the crafting, combat and loot systems. You act like I'm the only one that's come to this conclusion, like it's some kind of flawed, delusional misrepresentation of the game. But I literally just watched a video with 60,000 likes on it (right here in this thread) where the guy says the exact same things I've been saying. You even admitted earlier in the thread that "if common weapons can be used to kill enemies on hard difficulty, then it would make crafting useless". lol. Anyway..

The problem could be balanced a multitude of ways, but if the crafting system didn't have exorbitant expenses on materials, it wouldn't compound the issues presented by the combat and loot systems. And I never ONCE said crafting was the only system to blame. I said that it was an ecosystem of poorly balanced individual systems, none of them working properly together. I said that CRAFTING was made worthless BY the combat and loot systems. Not that crafting made those systems worthless. lol.. your thinking on all of this is flawed. You're arguing something I never said.

Not to mention the fact that no one is going to play (or be ABLE to play) this game long enough for the crafting system in its current state to make any sense, because the game literally ends after the main storyline. No continuing your playthrough. No New Game+ like they promised, either.

This is the issue with loot in this game in a nutshell.
Screenshot_86.png

Last edited:
So after 50 hours I have decided to just start over, long story short doing a netrunner/stealth run is a huge disservice to yourself. There is no satisfaction, it is very overpowered even on the hardest difficulty mainly because of the enemy AI and the gameplay mechanics surrounding netrunning/stealth. There needs to be a complete rework of the mechanics to make it exciting in my opinion.

So a rundown on how a typical gig works as a netrunner, ping the closest connected device to highlight all enemies in the site, mark all of them, use breach protocol solely to reduce the cost of a quickhack so that the whole thing goes faster optionally go for the reduced resists as well and If they have cameras enjoy sitting outside the site to just "snipe" enemies with short circuit which does the most damage and usually one shots most enemies with the correct perks. Then you enter the site to execute all the enemies for more xp/street cred since apparently executing defenseless people warrants more street cred (on another note shouldn't street cred go both ways so that the corps want to get rid of me if I disrupt their plans to much), loot the place and finally complete the mission without ever having been in any danger at all.

That is how it goes from common cyberdecks to legendary ones, only two missions forced me into combat so far and that was through cinematics otherwise when using the above technique there is no danger from opposing netrunners, they don't seem to be aware that you are just killing everyone. Any enemies that are on site don't care that you are killing everyone, they do this little search radius around the killed enemy but since there is no "alertness", no search protocols, no trying to find the enemy netrunner you are never in any actual danger through the whole thing. I really expected something else as a netrunner.

What I was hoping for was infiltrating the subnet, while avoiding getting tracked down by opposing netrunners, if the netrunner found me perhaps they boot me off the subnet, upload malware, ping my location to everyone. If I force my way into the subnet somehow at least the enemies should get alerted that they are being attacked unless I can do so stealthily without alerting the enemy netrunner. I also really hoped for something more from trying to breach the subnet, right now it is only in place to place debuffs on enemies and buffs for yourself. Don't they put up firewalls, ICE, tracing daemons, disrupting malware and what not on their subnet, all of them are just wide open for anyone to abuse.

And since I'm just ranting now I really think they dropped the ball on this one, they added so much content to explore most of which I found to be good or great except for the delamain line because it keeps interrupting other quests with all the calls I keep getting from him. But the actual mechanics in the game are lacking which is sad. My suggestions on netrunning would be a complete rework. In my opinion you should have to work to breach the subnet, you would have to do it stealthily without alerting the enemies and you would have to be tactful to kill the enemy netrunner to finally gain complete control of the subnet then and only then I would feel satisfaction from being able to quickhack my way to victory without physical danger. If I fail the enemies should get as I do get pinged on my location and bumrush me, I am a netrunner not a samurai. And if someone finds a body shouldn't they start a search, alert everyone, call reinforcements, tighten security, place up mobile turrets, mines, activate search drones or whatever else they have handy because right now they are all acting quite stupid frankly.

I enjoyed it. Yeah, its easy, but when I want to go through a mission shooting or punching, I still have the option. Level 50. 20 Intel, 16 Body, 18 Tech, 10 Reflexes, 7 Cool. Some missions I just go guns blazing if I feel its been a bit boring to just kill everyone with suicide or cyberpsychosis. If there are too many enemies, I can thin them out with hacks. If they want to make it harder that's cool, but this game is getting too much shit. Showed it to a friend and he was surprised that it ran that well on Stadia and how good it looks. Obviously other people feel the game let them down, but when I see the game I am just impressed with the hard work developers put on this to entertain me. I agree that netrunning makes a lot of the game easy, but it was still fun for me. Maybe I can up the difficulty to very high on the next playthrough. AI can be better, the driving AI is awful, but man there is soo much here already. Looking forward to DLC and it becoming even better.

I like it, but that just me liking my characters feeling overpowered and one shooting everything - that's what I aim for any character in a game. And while I get it, the wanting enemy netrunners to counter you, I would expect perks/daemons to counter even that in the end.
I never understood this argument in my life since games have easy difficulty, you could always one shot people on easy difficulty. Why do people want the game to only be fun for them but not for others

So, you chose a certain play style, you chose perks to make that powerful, and because of how you chose to play they screwed up?

Hey god you made hunting too easy and animal are DUMB! My AR16 can drop deer in second and my chemical bait, pheromone spray, night vision goggles, all weather clothes etc. make this too easy, go fix hunting god! OR Stop doing things easy and complaining that it's easy?

So after 50 hours I have decided to just start over, long story short doing a netrunner/stealth run is a huge disservice to yourself. There is no satisfaction, it is very overpowered even on the hardest difficulty mainly because of the enemy AI and the gameplay mechanics surrounding netrunning/stealth. There needs to be a complete rework of the mechanics to make it exciting in my opinion.

So a rundown on how a typical gig works as a netrunner, ping the closest connected device to highlight all enemies in the site, mark all of them, use breach protocol solely to reduce the cost of a quickhack so that the whole thing goes faster optionally go for the reduced resists as well and If they have cameras enjoy sitting outside the site to just "snipe" enemies with short circuit which does the most damage and usually one shots most enemies with the correct perks. Then you enter the site to execute all the enemies for more xp/street cred since apparently executing defenseless people warrants more street cred (on another note shouldn't street cred go both ways so that the corps want to get rid of me if I disrupt their plans to much), loot the place and finally complete the mission without ever having been in any danger at all.

That is how it goes from common cyberdecks to legendary ones, only two missions forced me into combat so far and that was through cinematics otherwise when using the above technique there is no danger from opposing netrunners, they don't seem to be aware that you are just killing everyone. Any enemies that are on site don't care that you are killing everyone, they do this little search radius around the killed enemy but since there is no "alertness", no search protocols, no trying to find the enemy netrunner you are never in any actual danger through the whole thing. I really expected something else as a netrunner.

What I was hoping for was infiltrating the subnet, while avoiding getting tracked down by opposing netrunners, if the netrunner found me perhaps they boot me off the subnet, upload malware, ping my location to everyone. If I force my way into the subnet somehow at least the enemies should get alerted that they are being attacked unless I can do so stealthily without alerting the enemy netrunner. I also really hoped for something more from trying to breach the subnet, right now it is only in place to place debuffs on enemies and buffs for yourself. Don't they put up firewalls, ICE, tracing daemons, disrupting malware and what not on their subnet, all of them are just wide open for anyone to abuse.

And since I'm just ranting now I really think they dropped the ball on this one, they added so much content to explore most of which I found to be good or great except for the delamain line because it keeps interrupting other quests with all the calls I keep getting from him. But the actual mechanics in the game are lacking which is sad. My suggestions on netrunning would be a complete rework. In my opinion you should have to work to breach the subnet, you would have to do it stealthily without alerting the enemies and you would have to be tactful to kill the enemy netrunner to finally gain complete control of the subnet then and only then I would feel satisfaction from being able to quickhack my way to victory without physical danger. If I fail the enemies should get as I do get pinged on my location and bumrush me, I am a netrunner not a samurai. And if someone finds a body shouldn't they start a search, alert everyone, call reinforcements, tighten security, place up mobile turrets, mines, activate search drones or whatever else they have handy because right now they are all acting quite stupid frankly.

110% agreed, currently the best way to not outright exploit the game is go revolver or any other close range fire weapon and mixing the skills of your character to be sort of jack of all trades, having a little bit of hacking and techinical skill as well but focusing more on boddy, cool and reflexes without ever getting any of the overpowered perks in any of those.

110% agreed, currently the best way to not outright exploit the game is go revolver or any other close range fire weapon and mixing the skills of your character to be sort of jack of all trades, having a little bit of hacking and techinical skill as well but focusing more on boddy, cool and reflexes without ever getting any of the overpowered perks in any of those.

This way one at least can have a challange on very hard and make the combat fun.

So, you chose a certain play style, you chose perks to make that powerful, and because of how you chose to play they screwed up?

Hey god you made hunting too easy and animal are DUMB! My AR16 can drop deer in second and my chemical bait, pheromone spray, night vision goggles, all weather clothes etc. make this too easy, go fix hunting god! OR Stop doing things easy and complaining that it's easy?
Oh yes we should all just play the game blindfolded using our feet to press the buttons. That's the kind of argument you're making here.

Oh yes we should all just play the game blindfolded using our feet to press the buttons. That's the kind of argument you're making here.
Pretty much... yea. ;)

OP: Agreed... I usually play games like this as a combination of stealth and magic (aka hacking), and, yea... it's bad. The AI is much to dumb to lend itself to anything more complex then run and gun shooting gameplay, the stealth is wonky at best and borked at worst, and hacking itself is just... boring, really,... it gets a bit "better" when investing heavily in a good cyberdeck, legendary daemons and hacking perks, in the sense it becomes easier and quicker to drop a larger number of enemies, which also makes it even less engaging, though.

Well, yea, the game is a run and gun looter shooter at heart... any other gameplay was bound to be... not ideal.

This hole thing about the game being unbalanced as fu** makes me very sad.
The AI and combat mechanics with blades are AWFUL.
Honestly, the game fails miserably on being fun. Most of the time i find myself bored because the combat suc**

Last edited:
I kind of agree. Stealth Netrunner was my first choice of character too, and I still kind of enjoy it, but I made a second character and built him out as a dumb brick who only fights with an LMG and that's just a lot more fun to play because enemies actually get to shoot back.

I cheated crafting, because I didn't want to spend Perk Points out of combat but wanted to see if crafting has something to offer. I also cheated mats because the system is not explained at all and didn't want to waste mats to find out on first playthrough. I wanted to understand if the system really has something to offer for a "very hard" second playthrough.
I played ALL story content and nearly all police calls and gangs and I am level 50 / 50.

Throughout the game I had 2 main sets of clothes about 8 weapons and tried to use crafting to update them regulary.

I spent exactly 5075 legendary components for these 2 sets and 8 weapons and trying each recipe at least once.

You don't find anyhwere near that ammount of components in the game. I could dismantle every unique clohting and weapon and wouldn't have 10% of that. So yeah, the system is broken af.

Edit to clarify:
I started crafting having 20 Tech and ALL available Perks related to crafting. So these numbers would be higher if I had played it fair, as I wouldn't have all the perks to minimize component use and chance for free upgrading.

I cheated crafting, because I didn't want to spend Perk Points out of combat but wanted to see if crafting has something to offer. I also cheated mats because the system is not explained at all and didn't want to waste mats to find out on first playthrough. I wanted to understand if the system really has something to offer for a "very hard" second playthrough.
I played ALL story content and nearly all police calls and gangs and I am level 50 / 50.

Throughout the game I had 2 main sets of clothes about 8 weapons and tried to use crafting to update them regulary.

I spent exactly 5075 legendary components for these 2 sets and 8 weapons and trying each recipe at least once.

You don't find anyhwere near that ammount of components in the game. I could dismantle every unique clohting and weapon and wouldn't have 10% of that. So yeah, the system is broken af.

Edit to clarify:
I started crafting having 20 Tech and ALL available Perks related to crafting. So these numbers would be higher if I had played it fair, as I wouldn't have all the perks to minimize component use and chance for free upgrading.
Yea, the whole loot and crafting system is unbelievably tedious, useless and broken... if it isn't adressed, I'll probably wait for the auto leveling gear mods and only use iconics... should be easy enough, there already is atleast one auto leveling weapon in the game.

I'm playing it old school, I use the QH mostly on electronics to distract enemies, disperse the packs and sneak up on them. Pretty much how I play MGS.

This hole thing about the game being unbalanced as fu** makes me very sad.
The AI and combat mechanics with blades are AWFUL.
Honestly, the game fails miserably on being fun. Most of the time i find myself bored because the combat suc**

Totally agree on VH difficulty I always get to a point no matter on any build that I am facing maybe 10-12 "faceless" goons that just go down in these ncpd skirmishes. Like the enemies you face really are too blend - they're all the same basically. I wish facing ncpd mission skirmishes was like facing a group of coordinated soldiers - like where kill order etc matters - do I flush out and kill a powerful opponent netrunner first or go for their sharpshooter or go for their squad leader etc. Defineable, deadly opponents that work as a cohesive unit against you basically.

As for cyberpsychoes - don't get me started on that. Those could have been awesome duels against very powerful enemies with almost "marvel" type powers. Instead bullet to the head, dead.

Hacking is a lot of fun though, but it would be way more balanced if say you do hack like blindness+contagion - basically debuff/ weaken them and then have to go in and deal with the mobs at close range or in gunplay, not like ok let's see I'm just playing my netrunner, oops I upgraded my contagion like a good high int netrunner should do to a level where I click it and suddenly everything is dead. oops.

My first guy was a stealthy one too. Didn't go deep into netrunning and focused on the more traditional stealth alone, picked up some tech stats for crafting too. The guy's a mess lol but managed to beat the game on hard just fine.

Yesterday I started my second run and figured to go hard in-your-face-style. As I've seen the main story I figured I'll start to just clear the map and explore all the side content. So far that has been tons of fun, I think I sat down some 4-5h straight blasting low level gangsters with pretty high pace action.

'nade 'nade 'nade sprint dodge shotgun to the face rinse & repeat, boom boom. :cool:

As I know what to expect from the game, it's been great success (for the fun factor). I'm pretty much embracing the looter shooter aspect and whenever I run into story mode or any choices, I'll go with a brash and somewhat naive hothead style. Imma be legend, aww yiss. Blaze of glory and all that.

Might crank it up from hard to very hard too though atm it feels fitting enough for my taste. With the constant grenade spam and pumping out bullets nonstop I'm actually using my resources pretty effectively even though I'm dismantling mostly everything I run across.
Planning to use eddies to buy up epic+ materials and see if I could dedicate myself to iconic guns just for flavor though didn't grab any iconic assaults yet but we'll see.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is to see what the game is about - at least currently and just roll with it. This ain't the next gen immersion sim so I don't try to treat it as one. Dunno, but I'm having a blast (pun intended).

I honestly thought that this game would have made the loot more meaningful. That you'd collect a handful of worthwhile weapons along the way from very meaningful situations (like from defeating a boss, or as a gift from a friend who left the weapon to you in the event of their untimely death), and that we'd spend the entire game meaningfully upgrading and modding the weapons in really interesting ways.

But no.. CDPR got wrapped up in the BULLSHIT looter-shooter method of gameplay and made the loot system and weapons in this game completely worthless and forgettable. Crafting would have been worth something if they didn't go all looter shooter with the game. If the game didn't drop constant fodder weapons to kill the dumbass AI fodder enemies with, then crafting those handful of very special weapons, crafting mods and augmentations for and to work with those unique and special weapons that dropped in the game would have all been a special and worthwhile endeavor.

We could get awesome named weapons with unique abilities that are moddable. Not only that, but they could have made it so only the crafting path could make mods that interact with these weapons in unique ways, unlocking hidden functionality between mod and weapon that you find over time as you level up. They could have made it so we play "the long game" so to speak with a handful of amazing weapons. Not a constant, overwhelming barrage of crap weapons that SHOULD be useless, but were made artificially worthwhile by dumbing the enemies down enough to make them useful, making the cool weapons worthless in the process.

Catch my drift?

Instead, we got this looter shooter garbage.

Quality over quantity, CDPR. You of all developers should know this.
I absolutely agree. The Witcher 3 did a better job at making the witcher gear that you can craft feel worthwhile, because you couldn't just pick up better gear from looting enemies. Not that the crafting in The Witcher 3 is astronomically better, but at least it felt more intimate? I dunno.

I get what you are trying to say, the game is what it is, it's unfair to judge it based on what it's not. Sure, but that doesn't mean that the problems with crafting don't exist. The fact that the crafting in this game is hindered by some of the other systems makes it feel like that specific feature wasn't well thought out and was probably rushed. I think that's what alphamachina's point is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom