50 hours as a netrunner, just don't

+
How far did you get in the main story? Are you sure this is how it is for all the game?
105 hours as a Netrunner here (Very Hard), story and all side-gigs complete. This is how it is from hour 1/2. System Reset one-shots all cyberpsychos and skull enemies, Reboot Optics stunlocks enemies infinitely (upload time is nothing) Short Circuit one-shots pretty much every medium-threat enemy. With the right perks, Contagion is broken, it can spread across an entire building of enemies and wipes them out in one sweep. In end-game areas you maybe have to cast it twice for beefier groups.

End-game, the legendary passives are insane. You can do everything mentioned above THROUGH WALLS, R.O. passive gives you an upload during breach for every single enemy on the network upon being spotted.. S.C. passive allow any weapon to have a stun chance. Critical Error perk.. I can't even imagine what the numbers would be if Crit mods actually stacked in armor. Quickhacks as they are make the game a complete joke.

Edit: wording

Last edited:
105 hours as a Netrunner here (Very Hard), story and all side-gigs complete. This is how it is from hour 1/2. System Reset one-shots all cyberpsychos and skull enemies, Reboot Optics stunlocks enemies infinitely (upload time is nothing) Short Circuit one-shots pretty much every medium-threat enemy. With the right perks, Contagion is broken, it can spread across an entire building of enemies and wipes them out in one sweep. In end-game areas you maybe have to cast it twice for beefier groups.

End-game, the legendary passives are insane. You can do everything mentioned above THROUGH WALLS, R.O. passive gives you an upload during breach for every single enemy on the network upon being spotted.. S.C. passive allows offensive quickhacks to crit. I can't even imagine what the numbers would be if Crit mods actually stacked in armor. Quickhacks as they are make the game a complete joke.
You are 100% correct. 158 hours split between two characters. Here's a selection of my legendary quickhacks:

LQHacks.png

Seems perfectly balanced to me...

Last edited:
Except EVERYTHING is OP in this game if you min-max it. Have you tried max damage/tankiness katana build? I have. Secret ending on very hard: Literally 20 of the hardest enemies in the game were shooting at me and i wasn't even breaking a sweat.

Come to think of it, the ONLY thing you have to do is to get any legendary armor pieces with max slots and put armandilos on them. Then if you also take care of status effects, thats pretty much it. You are immortal. Only explosions can kill you.

As for the other discussion, yeah. Itemization in this game is complete shit, as it was in The Witcher 3. It was very good in Witcher 2. Several pieces of equipment felt special and legendary. The problem with TW3 and CP is that loot (and crafting) scales with level.....

Everything is random crap and if you pick it up a few levels later, it is random crap with slightly better stats. Don't get me started about crafting....

If you want GREAT itemization look at Dark Souls. (Almost) any weapon could be the best for you, depending on your stats/level and prefered playstyle. Also gear did not scale with level. There only was one Claymore, but you had to work for it to be great, with getting the embers, upgrading, leveling the appropriate stats, and most importantly, learning how to use it.

Even in Skyrim itemization was far better than this game (or TW3). The best equipment came through crafting, and it was an endless grind but in the end they did feel special. I mean you could look like Sauron's worst nightmare, and the stats reflected that as well. It was cool. I am not implying in any way that Skyrim is a better game than CP, and especially TW3, because it isn't, but we should give credit where credit is due.

How far did you get in the main story? Are you sure this is how it is for all the game?

Later on you can just ping an enemy and run quickhacks through walls. I currently ping the guard hide set cyberpsycho on one. They all then gather and start beating the crap out of him which is funny cos there damage sux against their bloated HP. When you get bored use contagion everything dies in seconds. You can just breach on the first enemy and cast contagion but i like gathering them up easier to loot.

Have you tried max damage/tankiness katana build? I have.
Yea tried that. You can abuse all the builds. I did snipers parallel to swords. At the end I was one-shotting the big mechs during (Don't Fear) The Reaper.
Only explosions can kill you.
Yea I believe the most deaths I had were due to mines, explosive canisters and fall damage.
None of the perks relating to fall damage and explosive resistance helped with that.

Yea tried that. You can abuse all the builds. I did snipers parallel to swords. At the end I was one-shotting the big mechs during (Don't Fear) The Reaper.

Yea I believe the most deaths I had were due to mines, explosive canisters and fall damage.
None of the perks relating to fall damage and explosive resistance helped with that.

Yeah, they didn't help because both fall damage reduction perks and explosion damage reduction perks do not work, like half of the skill tree (literally they do not work, as in they are bugged). But again there is Second Heart to take care of the one death anybody might have every few hours.
Again this is only if you try to build your character decently enough. Otherwise, especially during the first hours the game can be quite challenging.

If you have the Microgenerator cybernetic installed on your Circulatory System, I believe it's bugged and the electro discharge will kill you

Yeah, they didn't help because both fall damage reduction perks and explosion damage reduction perks do not work, like half of the skill tree (literally they do not work, as in they are bugged). But again there is Second Heart to take care of the one death anybody might have every few hours.
Again this is only if you try to build your character decently enough. Otherwise, especially during the first hours the game can be quite challenging.
I got second heart eventually, but it's pretty well hidden and locked behind Street Cred 50 and body 16, so you'll only get it if you spec into Body at the expense of other attributes.
If you have the Microgenerator cybernetic installed on your Circulatory System, I believe it's bugged and the electro discharge will kill you
I never bothered with the cybernetics that discharge something. They always seemed to not be working properly, especially when stacked with other perks or cybernetic effects.

Except EVERYTHING is OP in this game if you min-max it. Have you tried max damage/tankiness katana build? I have. Secret ending on very hard: Literally 20 of the hardest enemies in the game were shooting at me and i wasn't even breaking a sweat.

Yea, but at least when you're OP with a katana you still have some gameplay attached to killing things. When you're OP with netrunning you delete enemies like they are old files on your desktop.

I never bothered with the cybernetics that discharge something. They always seemed to not be working properly, especially when stacked with other perks or cybernetic effects.

I actually use the electric discharge (I forget the name of the implant) that procs on <15% hp. It's helped me quite a bit, and I'm not sure if it was intended or not but in my fight with Razor Hughes it knocked off 40% of his hp in one blow.

would be interesting to see how such netrunner handles the secret ending last mission frontal attack on Arasaka with insta-death

I actually use the electric discharge (I forget the name of the implant) that procs on <15% hp. It's helped me quite a bit, and I'm not sure if it was intended or not but in my fight with Razor Hughes it knocked off 40% of his hp in one blow.
I just didn't want another shock effect on top of the ones I already had with gorilla arms and short circuit.
would be interesting to see how such netrunner handles the secret ending last mission frontal attack on Arasaka with insta-death
Did that. It's easier with a weapons build for sure, but even with a netrunner, I just used Shingen Mark V and Divided We Stand (smart SMG & assault rifle) for firepower. Explosive bullets do wonders for you.

When I'm lazy, I just turn all enemies into cyberpsychos and have them kill eachother.. Last cyberpsycho left kills itself.
Suicide is nice too.
Oh, and all enemies killing themselves (both suiciders and cyberpsychos) drop an extra handgun.
It's especally funny at lower levels, when the higher level enemies require to shoot themselves several times, because the gun they get for doing so is too low level.

Totally Agree, enjoyable at first but everything just dies before you even say hi, and then you gotta go around an dump all the bodies into containers just to get your Stealth skill experience LOL

I mytself are quite content to system reset, synapse burnout and short circuit. Altought AI is bit dumb keeps yelling at you but not searching you! I have noticed also that if enemy Netrunner locates you no one rushes your direction!

Also,
Ayup. Breach, ping and moments later sparks are flying, grenades are exploding, people are vomiting or on fire.
It would've been a bit more engaging if you were forced to sneak up to enemies to connect with their network.

Posted this vid in another thread and that was also the vid that made me decide to play a hacker build.
Starts at the 5 minute mark and they do clearly state that it's a Work in Progress feature. :(
Ya, so much promise and then wasted time on these f%#ktard LAST GEN CONSOLES! I mean why waste all that time, did they get some Massive pay off for doing that? It's just Fallout 4 all over again and their wasted time on a voiced protagonist that no one wanted in that game. ffs lovin the game but it could be so much better, especially the hacking, feels like a phone app game when I use it.......

Man.. This forum.

Netruuming as explained here is just how I imagined it. I could complain that my swords are boring, in truth they aren't they are a overpowered as hacking..

You people complain about the actual game as if it can change.

Sorry netrunner, when I build into intelligence I expect exactly what you explained

"More exciting" they say.. I think you just signed up for the wrong gig tbh. At least be creative with approaches.. In most cases I hold my meta and do whacky things, use meta to fall back on but you... You go "meta meta meta omg meta is boring.."

Well yeah its probably only going to hold your attention so long before you're desensitize to the greatness that is mass synaptic burnout.

You're just over it, partly on you part to. In my case I keep my gameplay fresh and IMO it is up to the player to keep it fresh. The game can't evolve with you indefinitely. Geez

My first playthrough was also as a Netrunner. Very early on, it's quite a challenging. You have to stealth around, use cameras, track enemies etc. A few more hours in though you start to hit a huge powerspike and things go downhill from there. The whole thing devolves into ping, breach, contagion, short circuit. You aren't really "optimizing" your build, you just end up here.

I started investing more in tech/engineering to use the tech weapons. It's also stupid strong blasting enemies through walls, but at least a little more satisfying and involved.

Balance is a serious problem even on the highest difficulty.

Top Bottom