500 Hour Club!

+

Guest 4520369

cp2077-500.png

I'm gonna move this to the game's forum. Title is super vague, too, because threads in Community are visible in all three Hot Topics. 500 hours in what? Being specific is always smart.

GOG launcher tracks the amount of time the game executable is running, not your actual game time. Steam launcher works the same way. They both count time even when you are alt tabbed.

GOG launcher tracks the amount of time the game executable is running, not your actual game time. Steam launcher works the same way. They both count time even when you are alt tabbed.

That's true. But I believe the play time on your character is logged linear time. So if you start from a save at 30:25 and play 20 minutes, then revert to that save, you start from 30:25 again and the 20 minutes you played is not reflected in that counter.

I have 340 hours on a Street Kid V and 82 hours on a Nomad V, with 597 hours on the Steam counter. But the number of times I have reverted to earlier saves when something awful happened to V, and lost some time on those counters every time... well, lets just say it a lot :)

So the "real" play time is somewhere between the Steam counter and the character time counter, I suppose.

I don't know what my actual playtime is because GOG doesn't seem to track playtime if the game crashes. Gog Galaxy has me at 167, but I'd estimate it's at least double that.

Been playing CP2077 for 650+ hoers and still only reached the first quarter of Act 2

I have started over a few times due to game updates and new mods, i also don't want to play any further then that until patch 1.2 is released so if i reach the same point again before release i will start over again ;)

Last edited:
Anyone in the 1hr club?
Post automatically merged:

I dont get how people can play this game for so long..there isn't that much to do..the map doesn't take forever to explore and the city is pretty empty and the missions are short. Not judging any of you..I just don't see how anyone can play this broken unfinished game so long.

Last edited:

mbrto

Forum regular
Anyone in the 1hr club?

I dont get how people can play this game for so long..there isn't that much to do..the map doesn't take forever to explore and the city is pretty empty and the missions are short. Not judging any of you..I just don't see how anyone can play this broken unfinished game so long.
the stories and characters are the best i have ever seen in a video game
some characters have storylines that are 7 missions long and are packed with unforgettable moments
the voice acting is second to none

I do not trust the game time in the GOG launcher. I played this week and I know I've clocked more than 15 hours...
Capture.JPG

Anyone in the 1hr club?

Yes, most people have made it to the hour mark, we're all in the 1 hr club ;)

No idea what my actual combined playtime is for 1 and 9/10ths of a playthrough on PS4, pushing 500 for sure, and to answer your question 'how?', 400ish of that will have been driving and riding around with my camera going ooooOOOOO.

Anyone in the 1hr club?

Well, I love the game even with its imperfections and this is the first time I replay a game so soon, basically the day after I finished it. I'm certainly not among the people who play each game they have purchased, I have at least 10 popular games in my recent collection which I started, but didn't finish because they didn't catch my attention. I'm also a fan of the cyberpunk genre, maybe this is another reason to find the game so fascinating. Are there things that should be improved? Of course, but this topic is not about this.

Top Bottom