500+ hours of play without a problem. 1.11 patch and now game won't load

+
500+ hours of play without a problem. 1.11 patch and now game won't load

Since yesterdays patch, when i go to start the game, it freezes at the black intro screen. This problem doesn't generate a crash log because it will sit on this black screen until you force quit. I was playing this game up until the patch and have searched everywhere for a fix. Is there any way the game can be played without the patch? I have reinstalled, all drivers up to date etc etc but still nothing. It's not my hardware as i have clocked up 507 hours already running high spec (without a problem) but something in this last patch has f_cked it.... Has anyone else experienced this?

Verify the game on Gog or Steam (whichever applies), also make sure there are no mods in the game. See if that fixes it.

The updates work fine for most people, so if you need help, you're more likely to get replies if you give info that people can use to help you diagnose the problem. Specs, graphics driver version, exactly what you've tried so far (does "reinstall" mean you used the same install files, or did you download again?)

Also, if you're using the Gog version, make sure you've updated the DLC as well as the main game. (And HoS if you have the expansion).

Last edited:
Patch 1.11 introduced a limit for the amount of texture mods you can put in your game . If you go over the limit, you can experience "infinite loading screen" and the game won't load. Do you have texture mods installed. When updating your game or patching, you should remove all mods and reintroduce them one at a time to see if they still work with the updated version of the game. Also go to your mod author's site and see if the mod is updated for the patch version you have.

Last edited:
If you use GOG Galaxy, go to MORE > Configure > GAME > DLCs Installed > deselect 'Game Overlay' - let me know if it helps.

Top Bottom