6 Ideas

+
6 Ideas

1) The user interface: There's lot going on during the matches in the UI. Almost no free surface, everything is covered with numbers/ images /symbols. I know gwent, so I understand, that every information on the screen is important to the player. However the overcrowding/complexity of the interface could discourage new players. The gwent UI in The Witcher 3 was way "cleaner". Try to do a similar UI.
Also the bright blue player stripe (Link)
is very out of place. Make it a little bit darker, where it's glowing in the middle.

2) Localization: Pretty self explanatory. More localization= bigger playerbase. The 14 language like in The Witcher 3 would be perfect!

3) Soundtrack: Regardless, that how good is a music, It could get boring really fast. You have a lot of excellent music from the Witcher series. Put them in the game. Some of the music could be even unlockable (as someone already mentioned) by playing the singleplayer or winnig matches.

4) Free to play system:

Good idea:
-Making every cards (even the strongest ones) obtainable via playing the game.
-Selling Premium cards (that only change the visuals of the card.)
-Selling "cosmetic"/things that aren't influence the matches.
-Selling expansion packs. (later,with a lot of new cards and new singleplayer campaign)
-Seeling booster packs, that can double the reward after winning (for those, who don't have much time to play)

Bad idea:
-Making every cards obtainable via hundreds of hours of grinding/farming.
-Not to let the dedicated players obtain Premium cards via playing.
-Selling soundtrack. It will not influence the matches, but soundtracks shouldn't be sold.
-Selling DLC-s with 1-2 new cards.
-Selling the strongest cards. (I don't want, to someone defeat me with 0 experience, only because he/she has money, to buy strong cards)

5) Steam: If you are going to release on Steam, implement the ingame steam-pay system. (Paying via Steam or via Steam wallet)

6) Rewarding the loyal players: I don't know, If it's even possible on Steam, but on GOG you could scan the players libary and reward them with something little ingame if they own all Witcher games (fancy player image frame would be nice.) Don't reward the loyal players with cards! Only with cosmetic items.

/English is not my native language, so sorry for grammatical mistakes/

Last edited:
1) The user interface: There's lot going on during the matches in the UI. Almost no free surface, everything is covered with numbers/ images /symbols. I know gwent, so I understand, that every information on the screen is important to the player. However the overcrowding/complexity of the interface could discourage new players. The gwent UI in The Witcher 3 was way "cleaner". Try to do a similar UI.
Also the bright blue player stripe (Link)
is very out of place. Make it a little bit darker, where it's glowing in the middle.

I must admit something about the Ui does seem off to me, but I'm not sure what it is. I'm not sure it's this though.

2) Localization: Pretty self explanatory. More localization= bigger playerbase. The 14 language like in The Witcher 3 would be perfect!

Agree 100%.

3) Soundtrack: Regardless, that how good is a music, It could get boring really fast. You have a lot of excellent music from the Witcher series. Put them in the game. Some of the music could be even unlockable (as someone already mentioned) by playing the singleplayer or winnig matches.

I'm against unlockable music myself, but I do agree we need a lot of music for Gwent, and I also think it should eb selectable in places as well. Heck, maybe you can do something clever and intergrate it with a spotify playlist or something, though I'm not sure it'd work on consoles?

[/quote]
Free to play system:

[quoteGood idea:
-Making every cards (even the strongest ones) obtainable via playing the game. They plan to do this.
-Selling Premium cards (that only change the visuals of the card.) Don't think they plan this.
-Selling "cosmetic"/things that aren't influence the matches. Not sure if they plan this.
-Selling expansion packs. (later,with a lot of new cards and new singleplayer campaign) Not sure if they plan this.
-Seeling booster packs (for those, who don't have much time to play) They plan to do this, though I am given to understand you can also do it with in game currency/earn them also.

Bad idea:
-Making every cards obtainable via hundreds of hours of grinding/farming. I hear the plan is to make going for any cards fair. though Preimum cards will be harder, it should still be fair. At least that is the plan.
-Not to let the dedicated players obtain Premium cards via playing. You can earn premium cards, thouh it will be harder then base cards. Again should still be fair though apparently
-Selling soundtrack. It will not inflence the matches, but soundtracks shouldn't be sold. Please don't do this. Though i think CD Project Red would not be so evil.
-Selling DLC-s with 1-2 new cards. I'd expect any new cards would be avalible to all, though I cannot confirm this.
-Selling the strongest cards. (I don't want, to someone defeat me with 0 experience, only because he/she has money, to buy strong cards) The strongest cards will probably be obtainable from packs, but it's random. Although the first card of each pack can be picked from a random set of three, but since that's random as well it'd stil be on luck. In theroy you could pay and get the strongest cards, but since it's luck based you'd either need a lot of money, or a lot of luck. Also keep in mind that all of this aside from the fact it's random and the first card of each pack choice I'm speculating.

5) Steam: If you are going to release on Steam, implement the ingame steam-pay system. (Paying via Steam or via Steam wallet)

Agree 100%.

6) Rewarding the loyal players: I don't know, If it's even possible on Steam, but on GOG you could scan the players libary and reward them with something little ingame (fancy player image frame would be nice.) Don't reward the loyal players with cards! Only with cosmetic items.
I like this plan, though I'd also like it on the consoles if possible.

6) Rewarding the loyal players: I don't know, If it's even possible on Steam, but on GOG you could scan the players libary and reward them with something little ingame if they own all Witcher games (fancy player image frame would be nice.) Don't reward the loyal players with cards! Only with cosmetic items.
I checked and It's possible on Steam too. Here, in Hungary, NeocoreGames did something similar, with The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing trilogy.
They set up a webpage, where you could log in via steam. Then it checked your games (if your profile wasn't private) and gave you a steam key, if you owned all three games.

I like this plan, though I'd also like it on the consoles if possible
Sadly I forget about the consoles. No idea,if it can be done on consoles too. :(

Last edited:
Also the bright blue player stripe (Link) is very out of place. Make it a little bit darker, where it's glowing in the middle.

This is basically depending on preference, I like how they made the UI look, I don't see the out of place thing with the blue bar either. I think that from the videos people are getting wrong impressions left and right. I hope CDPR don't change a thing at least until the closed beta in Septembre and probably then people should voice their opinions. The thing is, right now I'm against any opinions voiced on UI/gameplay changes while people have not played the game as it is. While watching videos of gameplay your perception of the game can be misguided.

I think this will be a thing for sure(and I hope it is).

This is also a good idea but I must say I hope Marcin Przybylowicz returns with an awesome soundtrack for gwent as well cause the songs used in W3 are amazing(dlcs included).

4) Free to play system:

Good idea:
-Selling Premium cards (that only change the visuals of the card.)
-Selling "cosmetic"/things that aren't influence the matches.
-Selling expansion packs. (later,with a lot of new cards and new singleplayer campaign)
-Seeling booster packs, that can double the reward after winning (for those, who don't have much time to play)

Bad idea:
-Not to let the dedicated players obtain Premium cards via playing.
-Selling soundtrack. It will not influence the matches, but soundtracks shouldn't be sold.
-Selling DLC-s with 1-2 new cards.
-Selling the strongest cards. (I don't want, to someone defeat me with 0 experience, only because he/she has money, to buy strong cards)

Considering you(and me) have no idea where this game is going, I think we should leave the Good and the Bad and the Fugly to CDPR and stop posting about good and bad when that is actually only viable if you actually knew more about the game and their way of developing it(and I'm pretty sure CDPR will try to avoid P2W, actually I'm actually certain about it).

This is an issue right now because Steam keeps sucking more money out of Multiplayer games and some of them don't really want to see a 65% loss in sells even though Steam has the bigger "player base" out there.

As I said about P2W, I don't really think that is the CDPR way, so I'm fairly certain they will not make people with more money win more.

/English is not my native language, so sorry for grammatical mistakes

Believe it or not even those that have English as a first language make mistakes(we are human after all).

Good luck and have a nice day!

Like all of the mentioned ideas. I really don't mind grinding for some cards though, maybe 10 hour grinding max. no more. I want to feel as though I'm better because I've worked hard to get my deck.

Good idea:

Bad idea:

I just hope that you don't mean something like that:
"I love CDP and Gwent! They are awesome and they work so so so hard to make an epic game which I'm going to play for so many hours! But of course I don't want to pay them for that and I should get everything in quite easy way, because I deserve it!"

CDP is known for clever decisions and I'm not worried that they will balance the payment system perfectly. I just hope that people who support the game with cash won't feel to unimportant just because some mean guys have everything unlocked quite fast. CDP deserves the cash and we should discuss how to give them not only good words, but also our cash, and we should definitely not expect them to work hard for nothing - it would be unfair for them.

BTW: Good work CDP and I can't wait to throw my money! :D

I just hope that you don't mean something like that:
"I love CDP and Gwent! They are awesome and they work so so so hard to make an epic game which I'm going to play for so many hours! But of course I don't want to pay them for that and I should get everything in quite easy way, because I deserve it!
I would pay for a big Gwent expansion pack with new content. But I would rather not pay for a card pack, that might contain the card that I need...or not.
If I could buy the card packs with the ingame money, that would be okay, but I hope, the pricing (in ingame money) will be fair.

I really don't mind grinding for some cards though, maybe 10 hour grinding max. no more. I want to feel as though I'm better because I've worked hard to get my deck.
I agree.
Dear CDPR. If there will be card packs,then open them, until you feel,that you could build a solid deck with those cards. Count, how many opening needed, then repeat the process x100 and take the average of the results. Multiple this number with the ingame money cost of the card packs, and you will get, how much ingame money is nedded in total,to build a solid deck.
Set the ingame money reward,after matches accordingly.

Last edited:
+1 to these ideas. tho the last one is tricky as hell.
i got witcher 1 on disk, witcher 2 on steam and witcher 3 on gog xD

I would pay for a big Gwent expansion pack with new content. But I would rather not pay for a card pack, that might contain the card that I need...or not.
If I could buy the card packs with the ingame money, that would be okay, but I hope, the pricing (in ingame money) will be fair.

It would be perfect if expansions could be bought with the currency earned by playing the game. Like in hearthstone.
The amount of time you have to play to get enough coins to buy the expansions is not small, but is not too much either.

Something I'm unsure if has been mentioned by reading these posts.

I believe that single player campaigns will contain cards as rewards for purchasing and completing them. It is plausible to assume these cards will be powerful, in order to attract people to spend a form of currency on them. I am a person who does not have money at my disposal all the time, as a college student, and don't want to be left behind by the meta because I can't afford the newest expansions and therefore the strongest cards for my deck. Of course I am willing to pay real world money for these expansions, as I have with Hearthstone, but it would be nice if the single player experience would be attainable through In game currency as well as IRL (Albeit at a much higher price than some simple packs of cards).

All of these things make up Gwent, and the Developers obviously have an image of what they want Gwent to be once it is in full swing. This should be a consideration by the community and by the Dev team when making changes and making suggestions (Not that anyone has violated this in this post, just making sure the information is considered).

Top Bottom