6 month game retrospective...lets talk

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 3847602

still haven't finished the game. Overall progression: 7%. Never left Watson. Waiting for patches AND IMPROVEMENTS. I refuse to play an unfinished game. Other games have bugs and glitches but Cyberpunk has them all! I can't remember another game that would incorporate all the bugs we ever saw, at the same time. You name it, Cyberpunk did it.
What system are you playing on? What bugs did you have?
I'm 45 hours into my new playthrough (started with 1.2 patch) and I've yet to encounter one, single bug (beside characters sometimes speaking with mouths closed, which happens only when they're talking to me while driving).
No crashes, no fps drops, no T-poses, no catapulting cars, no exploding cars, no unfinishable quests. Even some of the minor issues from earlier versions were resolved (free variant of Thorton Colby CX410 Butte spawns where it should and there are no more empty data shards).

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5800x
Graphics: RTX 3080
RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
Storage: SSD Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
Motherboard: Aorus Master x570

A whole new PC except for PC case, altho I replaced stock fans with Noctua
A fresh fully licenced Windows 10 Home edition bought from Microsoft themselves.
All possible drivers, including Motherboard BIOS (ver. F33j) kept up to date.
Currently 5 games installed, originally only Cyberpunk.
Would you also like to know what PC screen I'm using? It's ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A

I've experienced all the issues except for the quest breaking ones because I'm not doing any quests. :D

Tell me: did you have that bug where during a conversation with chinese food eating Jackie a car is passing by and hits the concrete barrier right next to you?

Guest 3847602

Tell me: did you have that bug where during a conversation with chinese food eating Jackie a car is passing by and hits the concrete barrier right next to you?
Nope, never happened to me in 3 playthroughs.

Guest 3847602

You never had a car ramming through an obstacle of any kind even once in 3 playthroughs. Right.
I have, rarely and in freeroaming, never during the scene with Jackie. Haven't seen it once in this playthrough. Worst thing I can remember was River ramming his car into the barriers in my 2nd playthrough.

I don't think that was ever addressed as I had the Jackie glitch with patch 1.2 as I started playing the game from zero just to see the full extent of improvements.

Also I never asked you: what's your PC specs? I showed you mine, you show me yours. ;)

I don't think that was ever addressed as I had the Jackie glitch with patch 1.2 as I started playing the game from zero just to see the full extent of improvements.

Also I never asked you: what's your PC specs? I showed you mine, you show me yours. ;)
Is that your video? You said you hadn't left Watson.

Is that your video? You said you hadn't left Watson.
Not mine, found on youtube. I wanted to show "the Jackie car glich" but couldn't find it. Does the fact that the above video is not mine makes it less true? Are we now questioning the actual game footage?

You never had a car ramming through an obstacle of any kind even once in 3 playthroughs. Right.
All other points aside, it is actually quite extraordinarily irritating to see so many people who have experienced bad bugs (or in your case apparently seen an essentially irrelevant glitch on YouTube) calling people who did not liars. It's plain disrespectful. For some people (including me) the game runs almost entirely fine. Clearly it doesn't for others. Accept that, please, rather than behaving like a child in a school playground.

Hold on, what exactly do you want me to accept here? The fact that the game has issues that are not being addressed at all since the release? Because that's what I'm trying to fight for, don't you understand: the game needs fixes. You won't make the companies make good quality products by saing "this is fine, accept it". I already accepted the fact that CD Project scrapped multiple smaller and bigger elements they were bragging about for over 8 long years. Now you're asking me to accept "low quality" as if it was "new standard"?

Hold on, what exactly do you want me to accept here? The fact that the game has issues that are not being addressed at all since the release? Because that's what I'm trying to fight for, don't you understand: the game needs fixes. You won't make the companies make good quality products by saing "this is fine, accept it". I already accepted the fact that CD Project scrapped multiple smaller and bigger elements they were bragging about for over 8 long years. Now you're asking me to accept "low quality" as if it was "new standard"?
You need to accept that some people DON'T experience those issues instead of insinuating that anyone who says they don't is a liar.

Of course the issues people are experiencing need to be fixed. But some people *are not experiencing them*. Maybe we're lucky, maybe it's that we started with 1.2, I have no idea. But to level snarky comments at them as if they're dishonest is plain rude and, frankly, doesn't help anyone take you seriously.

Guest 3847602

Intel Core i5-9400F
ASUS nVidia GeForce RTX 2060
Kingston 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB

Not mine, found on youtube. I wanted to show "the Jackie car glich" but couldn't find it. Does the fact that the above video is not mine makes it less true? Are we now questioning the actual game footage?

Just seems a bit like using this to say Elon can't land rockets.

I wasn't disputing your experience, I was questioning whether recycling a video from the 21st of December is a fair example of the current state of the game.

To whom it may concern: I shouldn't insinuate that people are lying about not having issues with the game. I won't do it again. :(

That being said, some of those same people say "hey CD Projekt, the game works fine for me, maybe stop playing around with patches and start releasing some DLCs because I finished the game 5 times over and kind of have nothing to do anymore?". What do you think CD Projekt is willing to do? Keep fixing issues or move on because that means not spending time and money?
People are constantly brushing off obvious issues with traffic path-finding and brain dead AI as "it's not a problem" because it's not a main focus of the game. Well it hits the overall level of quality of the game. It causes visible disparity between what is good and what is traggedly broken.
Post automatically merged:

Just seems a bit like using this to say Elon can't land rockets.

I wasn't disputing your experience, I was questioning whether recycling a video from the 21st of December is a fair example of the current state of the game.
You see, the problem is that it does. Because the traffic path-finding is in the exact same state as it always was. That is one of the most obviously broken elements of the game as it happens all the time. There are situations when the traffic looks absolutely fine but those are very rare. Usually either there is no traffic at all or cars get stuck on crossroads or invisible obstacles.

To whom it may concern: I shouldn't insinuate that people are lying about not having issues with the game. I won't do it again. :(

That being said, some of those same people say "hey CD Projekt, the game works fine for me, maybe stop playing around with patches and start releasing some DLCs because I finished the game 5 times over and kind of have nothing to do anymore?". What do you think CD Projekt is willing to do? Keep fixing issues or move on because that means not spending time and money?
People are constantly brushing off obvious issues with traffic path-finding and brain dead AI as "it's not a problem" because it's not a main focus of the game. Well it hits the overall level of quality of the game. It causes visible disparity between what is good and what is traggedly broken.
Post automatically merged:

You see, the problem is that it does. Because the traffic path-finding is in the exact same state as it always was.
Well the other side to this is that if you wait forever fixing every last bug in a very complicated game you will NEVER see new content (I've pointed this out before but Skyrim, for example, was never fixed, leading to one of the stupidest and most easily fixable goofs I have ever seen in an AAA game remaining for all eternity -- the lead opponent's corpse lying dead in the middle of a room while NPCs wander around as if nothing had ever happened.... forever. It was incredibly sloppy but, then, I find much of Skyrim incredibly sloppy.).

(I'm not among those demanding new content right this second, incidentally.)

I agree that things that are wrong need to be fixed. But there are now so many people who are just throwing up video memes of how the game looked *before any patches* (and actively hunting glitches for YouTube clickbait) that it's actually rather difficult to tell what the game runs like *now* for people who had problems, rather than who's just throwing sticks because they've nothing better to do with their time.

As for traffic AI, I think this is the single biggest problem with the game for me. Having said that, I also can't see why it would be a priority when you can still drive and when the focus of the game lies elsewhere. I doubt they're *not* trying to fix it, but compared to bugs people were talking about that made the game actually unplayable, it must be a fair way down the list.

On XBSX, since 1.2 patch I never had that on whole run on 1.2, whole run in 1.21 and on whole run 1.22, before yes (especially if you don't do the NCPD/Tygers event nearby)
I'm certainly very lucky :)

"Be it 5 months or 6.. I feel that the sheer weight of analysis, critique, complaint, whingeing, and outright saturation in media of anger, resentment and consumer 'outrage' this jinxed game brought upon itself or received in the early days should really have faded a great deal by now. But, it still seems to colour much of the debate and retrospective review. It is, as they say, what it is... 'que sera..' and all that.. digital 'warts 'n all'"
I call all this what I think it is; Harassment. Plain and simple.

I know that it's an "anecdotal" argument but I personally know two other people who played Cyberpunk. One on low/medium specs PC, the other one on Xbox Series X (somehow he managed to get one).

Friend one: a normal gamer who plays games that he likes. Wanted to see what that whole fuss with Cyberpunk is all about. Stopped playing the game after couple hours. Got bored of the fact that the ame is glitchy and buggy. Currently waiting for all DLCs to be released so he can play the full experience.

Friend two: loved The Witcher 3, bought Cyberpunk because CD Projekt. Stopped playing because of the bugs and glitches and overall performance. He told me he probably won't play it anymore.

Non of them got as upset as I got, non of them refunded the game. They just stopped playing it, couldn't be bothered to post a review or go online and talk about their experience. That is two gamers who payed full price and never played it again.

Ok, anecdotally I'm on PS4, day 1 the game was completely unplayable. 5 months later, its playable there are still graphical problems, but I'm sure that would be true on many low spec pcs too, the ability to turn off screen space reflections would massively help. Vehicle/npc/ncpd pathing & decision trees outside of combat encounters need more work.
Game /quest breaking bugs seem to be fixed for me. Taking my time with the playthrough and I'm happy to wait for more patches and then dlc

Also anecdotal my son in PC (Not sure exact spec but it's i7 /Nvidia 2060/ 48Gb Ram/ 500Gb ssd) completed the game on his first play after 30hrs with no issues then with the joy of painting/component exploits and sword climbing went on to clear the map buy all the cars and do all 5 endings... he's currently not got the game installed because he's waiting for the dlc.

View attachment 11217952

Here's a quote from official FAQ updated on April 15th 2021:

Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?
A:
We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the crashes you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

It's been roughly 150 days since the release. The game should be beyond perfect by now if the crew was able to achieve SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENTS each and every day.

I still haven't finished the game. Overall progression: 7%. Never left Watson. Waiting for patches AND IMPROVEMENTS. I refuse to play an unfinished game. Other games have bugs and glitches but Cyberpunk has them all! I can't remember another game that would incorporate all the bugs we ever saw, at the same time. You name it, Cyberpunk did it.

I have no problem with deleted content and promises not met. Heck, I can even forgive them the fact that they don't even call it an RPG on the Steam and GOG store page anymore! But if you decide to remove content, shallow down your game in order to save time and resources, for F sakes make sure that what you left in the game is absolutely bulletproof!

View attachment 11217955

Quality WHERE? Have you even played your own game?!

But you know what is the absolute worst in this situation? The fact that some people are defending the current state of the game, giving CD Projekt an excuse to NOT improve the game. To NOT work on further patches and improvements. Buecause why would they? Millions of people will pay money for an unfinished product? That is THE BEST that could happen to any company!! Look at EA Games, look at Ubisoft!! That's how they made their success.

1. Promise people everything in the world.
2. Gradually backtrack from what you've previously promissed.
3. Let old trailers and interviews still circulate and build the hype.
4. Release the game and apologise for its poor quality immediately after.
5. Promise people that improvements and patches are coming.
6. Keep addressing only the easiest issues AND in the easiest manner.
7. Let people get bored with the game over time.
8. Stop supporting the game because there is no interest anymore.
9. Anounce new, exciting project.
10. Promise people everything in the world.
11. Rince, repeat.
12. Infinite profit.

A method of two steps forward, one step back. Wait and see how The Witcher 3 Ray Tracing gets released with all the bugs in the world because they realised half way through production that converting the game into a brand new and different engine brings in new and exciting issues. I wonder if that will also be OK with you.
I totally agree with everything you said!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom