6 month game retrospective...lets talk

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
And for TW3, I'd much rather explode the head of a maelstromer under of neon lights and buildings than cut a ghoul in half in the middle of a swamp. But it's like everything, it's a matter of taste.
Its the other way around for me... but I prefer cutting down human enemies over monsters

that goes back to my initial point. The game's timeline is 3-4 weeks. what type of huge changes would you expect to see in the game world in that time frame? The only possible changes to see in that timeframe are personal ones/smaller and Vs relationships do change drastically in these 2-3 weeks. There are a lot of things that change btw.

You want to see the Larger changes you made reflected outside of time skips. Thats not possible.

thats like you started a company 2 weeks ago, and being annoyed you aren't in Forbes yet.

I get what you are saying, but for what you are talking about, the game would have to cover at least 6months-year. V was just starting to become a "legend" by the end.

where did you get your numbers?

if steam is only 2.5%, and has 2-3 million accounts, that means the total sales is 80-90 million which I don't think is accurate.

also it has 30k reviews on pc with an average of 85%
10k on ps4 which at average 3.6
4k on xbone with 4.9 rating.

that still means of their sample the vast majority of people like the game.

also averaging ratings isn't valuable for determining how good a game is, if the people who don't like it rate it extremely low.

based on this data, more people like it than hate it, about 70%

the people who are positive on it tend to like it alot, the people who don't like it tend to hate it with a passion

and the majority of people who hate it are not pc gamers.

which suggests the Main problem is either bugs, or some basic difference between pc and console players.

regardless even your data show about 70% of players like the game. so you are still incorrect that most people don't like the game.
Rating its not good for telling how a good game is. You are contradicting yourself.
You said this:" it depends what the 5.2/10 means. If thats a rating of how good something is from 1-10 thats bad"
The average score on Metacritic which is a rating score is 5.2. Therefore according to your logic not mine the game its bad.
I was going with your logic sir. Your debating yourself.

The supposed reviews on steam are only 2.5 % of all people who bought the game.

Last edited:
Hundreds of hours spent in a game? Got your money's worth all right. Getting depressed over a game or a few lost bucs? Don't be, life is too short for that. Do something you enjoy instead.

I finished the game a few weeks back. Took me about 45 hours. I liked it a lot, money well spent. Maybe I'll try different endings. I had very few bugs and the game ran good on my pc while looking absolutely stunning. I'm looking forward for dlcs and future games.

I hope CDPR continues to patch Cyberpunk so it's playable on older consoles and add more features to the game.
Disclaimer: I'm a shareholder and have been adding to my position as the stock price has tanked. I have faith CDPR will learn from this and grow as a company.

I don't think that was ever addressed as I had the Jackie glitch with patch 1.2 as I started playing the game from zero just to see the full extent of improvements.

Also I never asked you: what's your PC specs? I showed you mine, you show me yours. ;)
i had the exact same bug lol and its definitely not because of pc specs because i have a high end pc and played the game on max.

This game is a buggy mess. It was from the beginning and it still is. I cant believe they let this through quality check.

The biggest issue with this game is replaying is no fun.
The intro/teaching is way too long if you speed it it takes just over an hour, at least on console.

For a game where there are some very nice clothes armor to wear and use, why is there no way to see myself.

Why can you change the length of penis when it will never ever be seen anywhere in the game.

What is the point of the braindance when it is always your friends that tells you what the clues means, would be much quicker if they just did the whole thing without involving the player and I'm sorry for fanboys but current forced braindances are boring and just a pain in the ass.

I enjoyed some parts of the game and story but there are very few places were dialogue choices actually changes the outcome of the conversation.
Or there is given other choice to do something.

So to give an example of what I mean is in Mass Effect:
You need to get garage key to go to the peak. To get this there is not only one way to go about it.

You can help the undercover secretary.
You can start to help undercover secretary and then turn her in to the boss.
You can turn in the guy in restaurant to get the key.
You can help the guy in restaurant and get key from him.
You can also just steal the key not talking to any of the involved people.

Some of the choices give good/bad points. While your choice does not have a big impact on how the story ends it's still makes it important for that major side story.

There is nothing like this in CP that is why it really lacks any big replay value.
Even is you choose different character everything is more or less the same and even if there are some choices based on char there is only one or two convos where it helps get what you want without fighting, but you can get there other ways also.

I enjoyed the game, I managed to get plat on PS4 Pro before they game became unplayable a.k.a. patch 1.12 after that the game was 10 times worse on ps4 then at launch even so, I got a refund and I doubt I will ever come back to this game. Maybe someday when it's the free of month for plus users.

It needs building upon now and some love and care.

Im only very early into the game (just met Panam) but you can tell theres loads of unfinished systems/assets floating about that could quite easily be reimplemented.

The travel system as in the monorail should be reintroduced.
Fix the traffic behaviour shouldn't be a big deal as there is AI there already. Ive seen many cars move out of the way of me or stop when I block them. The spawn and random stopping can be easily fixed.
Theres loads of buildings that have other areas blocked off that could be reopened, for instance your apartment block has several levels you can see with markets as you go down in the lift.
Customising cars, even if its just colours and wheels and simple stuff should be doable.
Customisation to V should be doable
Eating and drinking animation already exists.

Then if they can do something with gangs, faction stuff that would add another layer.

I am really enjoying it though even though i was inside Panam for about an hour and it wasn't pretty :) doing that Nash mission.

THIS GAME IS FAR FROM DEAD AND HAS A LOT OF THE FOUNDATIONS ALREADY IN PLACE. IT NEEDS SOME POLISH AND FIXES AND SOME ADDITIONAL MATERIAL.

The biggest issue with this game is replaying is no fun.
The intro/teaching is way too long if you speed it it takes just over an hour, at least on console.

For a game where there are some very nice clothes armor to wear and use, why is there no way to see myself.

Why can you change the length of penis when it will never ever be seen anywhere in the game.

What is the point of the braindance when it is always your friends that tells you what the clues means, would be much quicker if they just did the whole thing without involving the player and I'm sorry for fanboys but current forced braindances are boring and just a pain in the ass.

I enjoyed some parts of the game and story but there are very few places were dialogue choices actually changes the outcome of the conversation.
Or there is given other choice to do something.

So to give an example of what I mean is in Mass Effect:
You need to get garage key to go to the peak. To get this there is not only one way to go about it.

You can help the undercover secretary.
You can start to help undercover secretary and then turn her in to the boss.
You can turn in the guy in restaurant to get the key.
You can help the guy in restaurant and get key from him.
You can also just steal the key not talking to any of the involved people.

Some of the choices give good/bad points. While your choice does not have a big impact on how the story ends it's still makes it important for that major side story.

There is nothing like this in CP that is why it really lacks any big replay value.
Even is you choose different character everything is more or less the same and even if there are some choices based on char there is only one or two convos where it helps get what you want without fighting, but you can get there other ways also.

I enjoyed the game, I managed to get plat on PS4 Pro before they game became unplayable a.k.a. patch 1.12 after that the game was 10 times worse on ps4 then at launch even so, I got a refund and I doubt I will ever come back to this game. Maybe someday when it's the free of month for plus users.
Not sure how you managed to finish the game and get a refund but good for you. If you are ready to play it for free then your problem is more about the money, not the game itself.

THE SINGLE HUGE & SAD PROBLEM IS THAT CDPR HAS THE POTENTIAL TO MAKE THE BEST (STORYLINE) GAMES OF THE CENTURY, BUT THEY RUIN IT BY CUTTING CONTENT AND FAIL TO FINISH AN AMAZING GAME THAT TOOK 10 YEARS OF DEVELOPEMENT AND IS CLOSE TO PERFECTION!

How can any company be that greedy and indifferent to release a game unfinished that took TEN years of development and could have gone down in the history of the greatest games ever made. Instead the company went down in history for the worst game launch ever, for overpromising and underdelivering, and that sure af isn't the fault of the developers who are reponsible for the few outstanding parts of the game... Good thing is that the game has the basics to still become the one of the greatest games ever, with a little effort, it is possible, you have the developers that are capable of doing that - question is if you grab that chance and fulfil your promises... or not.

Don't fail us for a second time CDPR, you already ruined one of the most beautiful games (Witcher 3) by letting the players alone with an empty feeling & world after the story (and the DLCs), something that could've been done in 0.001% development time and would have given such a big positive impact. This actually is your chance to get the players' trust in the company back again (next to lots of money because so many people are willing to pay for a DLC that fills the emptiness of the game)

Bring that DLC that brings life back into the game after a storyline. Bring that DLC that makes the game not only replayable, but always playable!

Last edited:
Don't fail us for a second time CDPR, you already ruined one of the most beautiful games (Witcher 3) by letting the players alone with an empty feeling & world after the story (and the DLCs), something that could've been done in 0.001% development time and would have given such a big positive impact. This actually is your chance to get the players' trust in the company back again (next to lots of money because so many people are willing to pay for a DLC that fills the emptiness of the game)

Outside the absolute largest studios in the world, I think you're generally going to face a choice: do you want very detailed work on individual stories or very detailed work on open world design. Almost every time a developer has tried to do both, you have ended up with a game that is superficial in one respect or the other (Skyrim, for example, is deficient in story -- in fact, I'd go so far as to say the writing is plain crap, and most of the stories follow essentially the same generic template and mechanics; Witcher 3, as you say, does less well in its open world, but most stories it tells are deeply-thought out and often use original (or at least highly tailored) mechanics).

One of the interesting things about Skyrim was seeing just how much Bethesda surrendered of the original storytelling style of Oblivion (which featured quests of such wildly different styles it was like playing wholly different games within games) to achieve a more open world.

Yes, from a playing perspective, the holy grail is to end up with both aspects realised to perfection. But I'm not sure it's realistic to expect a developer to dedicate the resources it would take to doing that. If you look at Shenmue, the original "immersive" world action adventure, it was famously the most expensive game ever made at the time. Also famously, it would have had to sell two copies for every Dreamcast sold anywhere in the world to make its money back. By today's standards, Shenmue looks like a joke, but it was for the time the most noteworthy attempt to push the boundaries of EVERYTHING a game could accomplish. Shenmue was backed by Sega and was there to sell a console (which failed and ended Sega's business as a console maker). CP is not.

People talk about "cut" content as if it was just "cut" on a whim and could be thrown into the game at the click of a finger. If the content worked, if it was ready to go, if it made sense in the game, it would not have been cut. Why would they do that?

And, yes, there is always the potential to open up the world later on through further development. But I get the impression people seriously underestimate how much manpower it takes to develop games this size.

Last edited:
Have some feelings in common but wasn't 10 years of development

9 years, 10 years, an eternity... pretty much the same imo mate

Outside the absolute largest studios in the world, I think you're generally going to face a choice: do you want very detailed work on individual stories or very detailed work on open world design. Almost every time a developer has tried to do both, you have ended up with a game that is superficial in one respect or the other (Skyrim, for example, is deficient in story -- in fact, I'd go so far as to say the writing is plain crap; Witcher 3, as you say, does less well in its open world).

Yes, from a playing perspective, the holy grail is to end up with both. But I'm not sure it's realistic to expect a developer to dedicate the resources it would take to doing that.

i do actually believe that this should be possible in 2021, a game that has great storyline and decent open world, especially something that almost took a decade to make. a game will always have flaws, there won't be a 100% perfect game ever, but when people start making thousands of threads about the same thing and many are willing to pay for just a bit more extra content (and a finished game, is that too much asked for?), i think it is legit to say that something is missing.

i also believe that many devs would have postponed the game 2 more years to finish it, but the pressure from higher-ups forced them to rush in the end. You can just feel it while playing, there is so much perfection mixed with things that are terrible, this is a clear evidence of rushing something great.

Personally, I ask for as little as a finished game and activities with story characters or something after a storyline ended, otherwise an open world game is useless imo, could aswell be COD story style then, finish and forget, unless it's GTA where you just play for shits n giggles after the main story. i just can bring up TW3 again here, after the incredible story, the game felt empty, from 100 to 0 real quick.

CDPR has the ability to make games that bind the player emotionally to their characters, if you finish the story and suddenly the character with whom you spent 100 intense hours disappear into a lifeless normal npc, it kind of breaks you emotionally.

EDIT: To your edited comment, I don't underestimate the ressources a game this big needs, but I don't understand why they are not ambitious to make a game that took that long and that much manpower as good as they possibly can - because obviously, they haven't reached their potential at all. I just hope they will now use that potential to improve what they did wrong in their last big game, TW3. It's okay to make mistakes, it's not okay to not learn from mistakes.

Last edited:
At this point I believe that the game went through something similar to EA's Anthem. The trailer from 2018? There was no game back then. The trailer we saw was all they had. I think CD Projekt was desperate to show something, anything, and when the "crisis team" put together that trailer, the vision of the game as we know it came to life. Just like with Anthem, the team had 18 months to put the game together.
That was always my biggest fear: that they just can't decide what game they want to make and decide on something literally at the last moment. And that's what we got.

9 years, 10 years, an eternity... pretty much the same imo mate

i do actually believe that this should be possible in 2021, a game that has great storyline and decent open world, especially something that almost took a decade to make. a game will always have flaws, there won't be a 100% perfect game ever, but when people start making thousands of threads about the same thing and many are willing to pay for just a bit more extra content (and a finished game, is that too much asked for?), i think it is legit to say that something is missing.

i also believe that many devs would have postponed the game 2 more years to finish it, but the pressure from higher-ups forced them to rush in the end.

Personally, I ask for as little as a finished game and activities with story characters or something after a storyline ended, otherwise an open world game is useless imo, could aswell be COD story style then, finish and forget, unless it's GTA where you just play for shits n giggles after the main story. i just can bring up TW3 again here, after the incredible story, the game felt empty, from 100 to 0 real quick.

CDPR has the ability to make games that bind the player emotionally to their characters, if you finish the story and suddenly the character with whom you spent 100 intense hours disappear into a lifeless normal npc, it kind of breaks you emotionally.

EDIT: To your edited comment, I don't underestimate the ressources a game this big needs, but I don't understand why they are not ambitious to make a game that took that long and that much manpower as good as they possibly can - because obviously, they haven't reached their potential at all.
Ultimately, the point I'm getting at is money. Delaying a game by several years is a serious financial risk for a non-enormous studio, especially after a couple of titles that could have generated cashflow failed to catch fire. As a public company, there are also separate pressures from investors to deliver dividends.

Ultimately, the point I'm getting at is money. Delaying a game by several years is a serious financial risk for a non-enormous studio, especially after a couple of titles that could have generated cashflow failed to catch fire. As a public company, there are also separate pressures from investors to deliver dividends.

and that's exactly what I'm talking about, rushing the game because of money. problem now is that they ruined their name (remember how almost everyone said CDPR is the greatest company of all times after TW3? I do. How many say that today? I don't know one.). question is if it was worth it, i know too many people that didn't buy the game because of that.

and that's exactly what I'm talking about, rushing the game because of the money question. problem now is that they ruined their name. question is if it was worth it, i know too many people that didn't buy the game because of that.
Who knows. Clearly, it wasn't ready (even in the current shape of the game -- which I like but I had no expectations because I hadn't followed the marketing -- the buggy release particularly on consoles was a disaster). But if the question was of financial viability or contractual obligations (which I simply do not know), then the matter is not as simple as that. At a certain point, in projects based businesses, money needs to come in to keep the business alive.

Who knows. Clearly, it wasn't ready (even in the current shape of the game -- which I like but I had no expectations because I hadn't followed the marketing -- the buggy release particularly on consoles was a disaster). But if the question was of financial viability or contractual obligations (which I simply do not know), then the matter is not as simple as that. At a certain point, in projects based businesses, money needs to come in to keep the business alive.
yes, but they fucked it up, they lost their name, and that's the worst thing that could have happened to them.
i actually wonder how much they spent on the game and how much money they made from sales. and i wonder even more how "good" their next game will sell, now that everybody (even people who didn't know about cyberpunk until its release) knows that this company doesn't only downgrade like many other shitty companies do, but also release unfinished games.

but we can discuss this for weeks, in the end, I just want a game without the mistakes they did in TW3 and a company that keeps their promises, one of them was listening to the community... that's all i want.

(...) a company that keeps their promises, one of them was listening to the community... that's all i want.

I wouldn't trust the community here, my friend. Some of us don't even acknowledge that the game has unresolved issues and wants CD Projekt to move back to the Witcher franchise.

Yes to me in the end what we got was a missmanaged work of art (by the devs). When we talk about the delays many opinions focus on the december 10, should it be delayed again? We can make a bigger zoom out and analyze the previous delays, was there a need for them, for those previous unrealistic dates I mean. The company should have controlled the rythm of PR communication throughout development better is what i'm saying so no talk of delays or impatience be necessary.
Taking a generalize and summarized look at the development of this game I'm almost certain they went back and forth in concepts. I mean back in 2018 they had this character creator. Back then you could chose Johnny or Morgan Blackhand or Saburo as a hero. Does this mean which one would be on the relic in your head? Was there even a relic in your head or was the story much more open (truly different games acording to player choices). And this was 2018, they didn't have Johnny's quest as the main quest line, so fuckn brilliant what we have as a game even if they scratched it the very next day.
The company expanded too fast, too many - now larger teams - working together plus dialogue with investors but in the end the time stamps should have been clearer for them, without us knowing them and there shouldn't have been so many different directions for the game - defend the vision.
The game we have is, nonetheless amazing (for me) which makes me think how amazing it could have been with all those years with a more cohesive set of teams working on a more streamlined direction. So with clearer goals. Of course many changes happen but if the game was in development before 2016 and in 2018 they scratch the main course of it, to me it's a waste of many resources

Attachments

• CyberpunkOldStats.jpg
    CyberpunkOldStats.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 46
Hey,
mine quick sum up:
- replayability (especially for the main quest) is very low and I am getting bored of doing everything the same all over again
- side content (different types of quests, PoIs,...) seems linear, non-rewarding, repetitive,...
- stealth is linear, redundant, non-rewarding and sometimes literally impossible (one of All Food rooms, first floor of the building where they keep Evelynn,...)

In general, I like the game, but only the first playthrough hit me hard.

I am trying to explore the map and the side content on my 2nd playthrough.
The average quest takes me at least 25+mins to finish and most of the time I find myself seeking in corridors, looting filler items, eavesdropping on filler conversations, shutting down cameras,...
The objective is often very simple, not requiring any decision or thinking,...most common is to kill someone, steal something, hack something and bring the data,...

I guess I am just waiting for some additional story content or fixes for basically every quest except the Royce one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom