6 month game retrospective...lets talk

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
we should probably compare Cyberpunk and AC Valhalla player numbers, since they are both big Open World AAA games that released last winter.

we should probably compare Cyberpunk and AC Valhalla player numbers, since they are both big Open World AAA games that released last winter.
do they open their data to the world? its not on steam. And maybe non steam numbers aren't fair since steam has a bigger market.

For valhalla steam charts are not available. but I'm sure it would surpass it by far, I understand that they sold disgustingly well and recently the expansion of the druids came out.

Played/24hs

CP 2077
Last 30 days 17,961
( Patch hype )

Witcher 3
Last 30 days 28,807

Dying Light
Last 30 days 20,077

AC Oddysey
Last 30 days 7,062

Horizon Zero Dawn
Last 30 days 9,451

Fallout 4
Last 30 days 21,272
I'm surprised xD

Skyrim
Last 30 days 8,720

Skyrim SE
Last 30 days 27,594

Red Dead Redemption 2
Last 30 days 18,130

Mass Effect LE
Last 30 days 59,817

CB2077 is kept there oscillating between 6000 and 14000 per day.
The numbers should be much higher having only 5 months.
It is not that bad, but it should be much better. sales have already been made :/

Last edited:
At this point I believe that the game went through something similar to EA's Anthem. The trailer from 2018? There was no game back then. The trailer we saw was all they had. I think CD Projekt was desperate to show something, anything, and when the "crisis team" put together that trailer, the vision of the game as we know it came to life. Just like with Anthem, the team had 18 months to put the game together.
That was always my biggest fear: that they just can't decide what game they want to make and decide on something literally at the last moment. And that's what we got.

I don't even like to see this trailer because it makes me want to cry:LOL:, it's revolting:mad:

Well, someone started to compare both games, that's why this discussion. Nothing more.
If my antivirus program checks when I've played Skyrim it will automatically uninstall it without a warning.

Someone else brought up skyrim's steam concurrent numbers to show cyberpunk is bad. This was not a comparison created by people who like cyberpunk. Also since we are talking about steam numbers, console is not relevant.
Yes, the person I quoted had already responded.
If my antivirus program checks when I've played Skyrim it will automatically uninstall it without a warning.
That seems like a joke exaggeration at Skyrim's expense there and was the point I was making. There seems to be a lot of sensitivity towards criticism of this game, yet it is apparently ok to casually bash another game. I bought Skyrim back when it released and it was in no way oversold and overhyped as this game was. We are now six months on and are yet to even be told what is really happening with this game in regards to the state of various aspects. For all the apologies and promises of communication, it is back to keeping customers dangling by a thread waiting for any information.

I don't even like to see this trailer because it makes me want to cry:LOL:, it's revolting:mad:
Makes u cry ? Why are ppl so dramatic over this game ? It just feels like so many players overreact and rly thought this game will be the greatest game ever. That is very naive plus i see everything from this trailer in game.

I was listening to dev talk abt the story and they said in the open that first act was abt V wanting to get money and be the best merc ( like they show in this trailer) and from second part everything goes to shit and they introduce Silverhand. So nothing changed and this trailer shows it

why is everyone so triggered by steam numbers in general if it comes to a game which is sold on way more platforms? they doesnt show anything about the overall situation of game cause its just one of several plattforms... there are 4 or even more plattforms on which cyperpunk is even worse than on pc steam versions - so steam just shows the better half of cyberpunk - those who still play it on upper hardware with less issues. if psn or xbox had a protocol like steam the overall image of the games status would be even worse than it is now. - a console comparison between horizon and cyperpunk f.e. would leave CP somewhere in the dust lol, like with many other titles as well. - steam is not the indicator if a game is successful or not - why are people thinking it would be?

Guest 3847602

That seems like a joke exaggeration at Skyrim's expense there and was the point I was making. There seems to be a lot of sensitivity towards criticism of this game, yet it is apparently ok to casually bash another game.
It's no secret that those people who wanted Cyberpunk 2077 to be "Grand Theft of Elder Scrolls 6: Blade Runner Edition" are the ones who are by far most persistent in their attempts to push the narrative of how the game and the studio are doomed.

IMO, Cyberpunk 2 will probably be closer to what we expected (if they learn from their mistakes...).

Cyberpunk 2077 feels like a nice Beta or a Blueprint for a really good game, but as is, I doubt they can make much to transform that game into what they first sold us. It just lacks a lil "something" that could really change it into something good.
if they learn from their mistakes? if they don't try to somehow improve this game and just work on the next CP, they never learned from their mistakes for the past years and will never learn from the "mistakes" ever in the future.
totally agree, let them work. i just have a bad feeling that they don't give a fuck and just bring new stories/missions in DLCs to distract from the main problem instead of fixing all the bugs and adding important things to the main game, things that were promised and things that give that post-story immersion & life (playability, not replayability). if that's the case, that was the last game I've bought and recommended from CDPR, fuck them. if i'm wrong and they keep their words, shame on me and this post for doubting their promise, bless them.

remind me of this post when the DLCs came out...

why is everyone so triggered by steam numbers in general if it comes to a game which is sold on way more platforms? they doesnt show anything about the overall situation of game cause its just one of several plattforms... there are 4 or even more plattforms on which cyperpunk is even worse than on pc steam versions - so steam just shows the better half of cyberpunk - those who still play it on upper hardware with less issues. if psn or xbox had a protocol like steam the overall image of the games status would be even worse than it is now. - a console comparison between horizon and cyperpunk f.e. would leave CP somewhere in the dust lol, like with many other titles as well. - steam is not the indicator if a game is successful or not - why are people thinking it would be?
I agree with the sentiment surrounding Steam. Its treated nearly like its a valhalla to state (in this case) how bad the game is, less players than blablabla. I play primarily on PS4 and would be an anomaly as my time in the game would be void according to steam charts.
I'm on the fence however with wether or not it would be worse. I like to think it isnt. Though it will be idle speculation so ...
Post automatically merged:

It's no secret that those people who wanted Cyberpunk 2077 to be "Grand Theft of Elder Scrolls 6: Blade Runner Edition" are the ones who are by far most persistent in their attempts to push the narrative of how the game and the studio are doomed.
I recall, a wise man once said: "Its easier to destroy something, than to build it."
So yeah, I do have that same impression. Simply by 'virtue' that it easier to say its crap and not give reasoning (or useless ones), rather than explain what is good and have require to spend great amounts of effort in that. This is at least the generic impression I get.
And also, i think, Its more exhausting to try and explain to someone who thinks something is shit, that is isn't. Often these people are not interested in hearing that, they just wanna yell it being shit.

And here I feel somewhat obligated to make a disclaimer: the people with whom we have good, reasonable and honest discussions with often times on these forums are not usually those from above ;) By virtue of them entering the discussion.
Phew .. saved my ass :p

Last edited:
Do you mean by any chance Horizon Zero Down? It had a lot of problems on ps4 and the PC version is still not fully fixed.

Last edited:
a console comparison between horizon and cyperpunk
If you think that to compare an exclusive PS game with multi-plateform game, it's good comparaison, as you wish. For me, you can not do worse as a comparison :)
(3 years for a PC version... they toke their time, it couldn't be too easy)

Anyway,
In my opinion, comparing games with the number of active players a few months/years after the game's release doesn't mean anything... Because it just depends on the type of game, the time to complete the game, the replayability, if there are mods (not, a little or a lot),...
-Resident Evil Village (10h for finish the main quest and 20H for the whole game), in a few months, there will probably be very few active players on it.
-Minecraft or Fortnite (or every multiplayer game), there will still be lot of players on it even years after release...

Last edited:
Almost half a year after release key issues (AI, physics, Gameplay mechanics) - the game is severly lacking in -have not been addressed.
Lead developers say AI is as intended and will not be addressed in semi-official streamings.
No information if the Potemkin Village situation will be addressed.

Many expected this game to shine in story and consequences of choices and frequency of dilemmata.
The story is OK, there are even some excellent written side-quests, but there is no USP to its writing, like in Witcher.
The shortcomings of the product in other areas are too severe to salvage this game by story and/or presenting dilemmata like in Alpha Protocol or SpecOps The Line.

In about half a year Q4/2021 or at least Q2/2022 the unique selling proposition of this product ("But look at its pretty graphics") will have become the new normal in AAA games.

Except for fans of the IP of Pondsmith/R.Talsorian Games I gather not too many will be interested in this product anymore by the end of the year.
I even know some Pondsmith-fans, who are not interested in buying expansions, if the state of this product is not massively improved.

Last edited:
imo, the game had incredible (even revolutionary) ideas, but the implementation was shit in 7/10 cases, because it was rushed. and yes, the game itself has some really great aspects (exceptionally well written side-quests, great diversity in items and customizations, breathtaking surroundings, ...), the game is not 100% shit and bashing the whole game is obviously naive, BUT the game is - compared to what they promised and today's standards - very underwhelming as a whole.

I even know some Pondsmith-fans, who are not interested in buying expansions, if the state of this product is not massively improved.
here

Last edited:
a lot of problems on ps4? have u played it? i got not a single bug on my 400+ hrs seriously. dont know what you are talking about. and the studio has less exp in openworld games than cdpr had.
Well, this is not HZD forum, but if you ask I will go into detail: If I haven't played HZD I wouldn't say anything about it. I even mentioned that Aloy is one of my favorite female characters :)

I've played the game just when it was released on PS and I played it just after the release on PC. After it was fixed on ps4 it became one of my top favorite games.
On a good gaming PC I had issues like this one, performance issues, plenty of other bugs. Now the game is almost as good as on PS and it seems that they have the ambition to fully fix it.
1621501631868.png

By the way, CDPR have experience with the open world in The Witcher, but CP is nothing like the Witcher series: the mechanics, first-person, cars, the huge city, it is just starting from scratch.

Well, this is not HZD forum, but if you ask I will go into detail: If I haven't played HZD I wouldn't say anything about it. I even mentioned that Aloy is one of my favorite female characters :)

I've played the game just when it was released on PS and I played it just after the release on PC. After it was fixed on ps4 it became one of my top favorite games.
On a good gaming PC I had issues like this one, performance issues, plenty of other bugs. Now the game is almost as good as on PS and it seems that they have the ambition to fully fix it.
View attachment 11219276

By the way, CDPR have experience with the open world in The Witcher, but CP is nothing like the Witcher series: the mechanics, first-person, cars, the huge city, it is just starting from scratch.
And it was launched on various platforms at once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom