600 MB update AFTER patch 1.03????

+
600 MB update AFTER patch 1.03????

Hello!
I have been playing on PC for a while now. Updated the game to patch 1.03 (271 MB) yesterday. Installed it and played for 3 hours. Today when I started the game. It stopped responding. I clicked on verify and repair files in GOG. Now the client has started downloading a 600 MB update.
Am I missing something? Did it happen to anyone else?
I am aware that a few people downloaded a 600 MB patch 3. But mine was 271MB yesterday.

I believe you downloaded patch 1.02 then 1.03? No?
Of course not. My game was updated to 1.02 on the day of launch. This is happening after I installed 1.03.

---------- Updated at 06:45 AM ----------

I believe you downloaded patch 1.02 then 1.03? No?
oh wait... are you asking if I downloaded and installed both separately?? Yes. 1.02 on the day of launch and 1.03 yesterday.

I manually downloaded the 1.03 patch and installed it. In-game the title screen also says version 1.03. However I don't think GOG Galaxy recognizes the update so it wants to download it again. The installer is only around 271MB but unpacked it's around 600MB - which is what Galaxy is trying to download. Probably a Galaxy bug.

Hello!
I have been playing on PC for a while now. Updated the game to patch 1.03 (271 MB) yesterday. Installed it and played for 3 hours. Today when I started the game. It stopped responding. I clicked on verify and repair files in GOG. Now the client has started downloading a 600 MB update.
Am I missing something? Did it happen to anyone else?
I am aware that a few people downloaded a 600 MB patch 3. But mine was 271MB yesterday.

I had this same problem, i noticed that in Galaxy the patch was downloading 600mb so i aborted it and downloaded it from the gog website in my account at 271MB, everything updated fine and could play Witcher 3 with new patch at 1.03 however when i came out of the game it would automatically try to download the same 600 mb 1.03 patch. I let it download and it installed it again? Everything is fine but i think Galaxy should recognize that the patch has been applied.

Mine says I have version 1.03 and there's no change if I verify the game on Galaxy. So I don't think there's any changes after patch 1.03 as of yet do as others mention it's most likely that patch your game is battling with :)

It's just a Galaxy update bug, guys, nothing to worry about. Even if you updated the game yourselves, just let Galaxy do its thing and re-apply the 1.03 patch (i.e. the 600 Mb download). Your saved games will not be affected in the slightest and the "Updates Available" prompt will disappear from Galaxy as well! ;)

Top Bottom