6th Street Gang working for Federal government in 2077?

+
This is a bit of speculation on a possible conflict within Cyberpunk 2077. According to the Cyberpunk lore, Northern California is a quasi-independent state but still a part of the United States union. They have their own flags that are displayed all over the artwork and screenshots. Like in the background of this photo below. They also have a large amount of autonomy which could pose a threat to the Federal United States government and after the events of 4th Corporate War, I'm pretty sure the federal government doesn't want to have such an unstable Free state with nuclear weapons within its borders and would probably want to seize control.

xmihbo2lyfc51 (1).jpg

This is where the 6th street gang Comes in. So far in the art Depicting the 6th street gang we see that they are donning the original Stars and Stripes. Since the 6th street gang is composed of former veterans, their allegiance to the federal United States government would make sense. It has to lead me to believe that mabey their presence in Night City could be an arm of the Federal government trying to get more power in Northern California and they are probably going to be hostile to the NCPD or anybody allying with the government of the Freestate of northern California. We could be seeing something akin to Operation Condor but within the United States.
EdiaObsXoAEpciW.jpg

I think this type of political conflict is really cool to have and feels much more grandiose than Corporate Espoiange or Gang warfare. Do yall think this speculation could be correct or am I reaching?

Last edited:
when you say the Federal Government, what do you mean? Because the government in 2077 is not that of a united Democratic Republic. the "US" is the United States Provisional Government. There is no 'federal government,' especially that far west since the Free States of California are indeed seceded and not members of the USPG, they're members of the Pacifica Confederation. the USPG operates in the East, capitol still in DC.

if the 6th Street Gang is being propped up by a political institution, it may more likely be the USPG located in DC and backed by Militech which was nationalised after the 4th Corp War. in essence, Militech IS the USPG headed up in DC. and the Free States of California and the Pacifica Confederation do have a lot more technology than the East. and after the USPG allowed Arasaka back into the country...

...Militech might be working with Arasaka to bring the Free States of California back into a unified US through their operations centered in Night City.

they're members of the Pacifica Confederation. the USPG operates in the East, capitol still in DC.

I actually didn't know this, but yea your take makes more sense. I don't know about the second part tho, I would don't know why Arisaka would be working with Miletich considering they are competitors.

because Militech (a nationalised corp at the end of the 4th) is the corporate face of the USPG, which allowed Arasaka back into the country. and the backroom deal that is suspected to have been made is: Arasaka Corp, you can operate on US soil again as long as you help bring the Pacifica Conf back under USPG control; you can even keep Night City, as long as it's under the political function of the USPG.

it's not simple and i may be 1 explaining poorly or 2 entirely off the mark, both of which are highly likely. Saburo Arasaka's daughter is a US citizen who's cozy with President Kress of the USPG, so it's possible that there is a deal there ^^ we've yet to have confirmed.

Last edited:
We've seen one pic of sixth street members Im pretty sure. Linking it here.
6th street.jpg

I don't think these guys are "official" in the normal sense. More like fanboys of the old way of living. Reminds me of the gang that worshipped Elvis in Fallout New Vegas..

so a poser gang? Posers of...late 20th C US military? i could see that.

or they represent the interests of Elisabeth Kress and the USPG in Night City through Militech...i have a feeling this is the case. that's my official, succinct prediction and i'm putting it on the board just in case.

There's still not much of a lore for 2077, only 2020s and 2045 in Jumpstart Kit (which red cons, changes and openly ignores a gigantic part of the 2020 lore for reasons) Federal Government was in 2020 called Provisional Government (untill it wasn't), after 50 years it might or might have not changed. For all intents and purposes USPG is Fed Gov. What is the status of the West, is Pacific Confed still a thing ( as it was depicted in Jumpstart it wouldn't last a year), what is the status of the states between Mississipi/Missouri and the Rockies (there are some pretty important locations for the US, PC and Corps to keep them interested. There were some mentions about the Unification War that helped Arasaka return to America. As it is Called "Unification War" and not "A War of Easter Aggresion" or something, one may assume that some of this unification stuff was successful. Arasaka could have made a deal with the West to "protect" them, and then strike another deal ith the Feds to not be so zealous in their efforts and got Night City in return, which was pretty strightforward with their animosity for the Feds, all because of some nuke, which wasn't even Fed's.
Gangs like 6th Street could be used as a proxy for US interest with plausible deniability. Some CIA liasons working with them, meybe with some SFOD and Militech assets. But that's all rather a background for the story, which probably won't concern with high tier politics.

Doubtful we see a proxy actor or many implications of this - the way I currently assess it, they will have their turf and be mostly isolated to it, without much influence or power beyond - compared to other notable power houses.

But time will tell. I doubt they can, according to this theory, result in any notable political or any other sway for another party if they wanted to.

Remember the 6th Streeters were started by the vets the government abandoned in Central and South America. I VERY much doubt they have any inclination to work for or any faith whatsoever in the government. Thus perhaps work "with" the government from time-to-time, but "for" it, no.

Last edited:
Remember the 6th Streeters were started by the vets the government abandoned in Central and South America. I VERY much doubt they have any inclination to any faith whatsoever in the government again. Thus perhaps work "with" the government from time-to-time, but "for" it, no.
That was 70 years ago fom 2077 perspective, let bygones be bygones :) And wasn't the 6th S made of 4th CW vets? Their easthetics is quite a turbo patriot wet dream :)

Still, with a lot of political stuff going on in Witcher stories, we can have some heavy geopolitical background, but V won't (and shouldn't) be any serious part of it. However, bringing down (or keeping up) the Black Wall has quite a lot of political implications. BW, being kept by corpo controlled Net Watch, is an asset in said corpos hands. On the other hand, the Voo Doo Boys don't seem too trustworthy in their efforts to bring it down, they are the "let's kill all humans we can and see what chaos ensues", type of assholes.

Doubtful we see a proxy actor or many implications of this - the way I currently assess it, they will have their turf and be mostly isolated to it, without much influence or power beyond - compared to other notable power houses.

But time will tell. I doubt they can, according to this theory, result in any notable political or any other sway for another party if they wanted to.
Considering the implied interconnectedness of all the side quests, I highly doubt that all the gangs and corporations will just stay on their own turf. The 48 minute demo even has V talk with Meredith (Corporate) at a meeting place that is clearly not on corporate turf, or at least doesn't look this way. Everyone staying home would make for a boring game, I feel that all the corporations and the gangs will be going for extended adventures outside of their own territory, and very often at that. I expect them to bump into each other and V, and clash often. Sometimes even work together.

My companion is an American citizen {USMC Veteran Officer} residing in Great Britain. I am a Russian woman ,also living in England. we have been living together for a few months.
When he saw the 6th Street gang, he burst into anger. Veterans forced to be gangsters in order to survive. intolerable according to him.
{anti american} he shouted.
I can hardly explain to him that it is just a game; but it goes too far. {according to him}

I am not a gift to him, he adores me; I am bi-sexual and he is straight and 100% American patriot.
yesterday, to annoy him, I told him that with his blond hair, his blue eyes, he is Texan; he is the archetype of a 6th street boy.
I thought he was going to insult me; he kissed me.

{why not} he replied. we Veterans; we are thrown away after use.

because Militech (a nationalised corp at the end of the 4th) is the corporate face of the USPG, which allowed Arasaka back into the country. and the backroom deal that is suspected to have been made is: Arasaka Corp, you can operate on US soil again as long as you help bring the Pacifica Conf back under USPG control; you can even keep Night City, as long as it's under the political function of the USPG.

it's not simple and i may be 1 explaining poorly or 2 entirely off the mark, both of which are highly likely. Saburo Arasaka's daughter is a US citizen who's cozy with President Kress of the USPG, so it's possible that there is a deal there ^^ we've yet to have confirmed.

I heard that Arasaka came back because NUSA was going to forcibly take back California, and NC. Luscius Rhyne made a deal and allowed Arasaka back in NC, Nusa backed of because they weren't ready for war with Arasaka at this time.

This is based on red which is supposed to be the same timeline as 2077

Top Bottom