7 months in... And still no real major updates.

+
Its not that I dont like the game - the game is missing significant part of its character that was showcased and discussed by the very same studio and lead employees who released it lol, its not that i hate this game, im just absolutely disappointed with how shallow it ended up be and how unpolished fx are, and all of the stuff that was countlessly discussed that i cant be bothered to list again and again...

Definitely will never pre order anything from cdpr again (i did not participate in hype, in fact did not watch any night wire or any hype videos and preordered a longer while before release) and i will really, really, really consider whether its worth buying anything from them in the future, likely will never happen due to a lot of aspects surrounding this games' launch and how it was handled by the top of the hierarchy.

I understand that this is first massive project since witcher and that its first fps and all other first aspects of their development of such world and what not, but that absolutely does not excuse the above handling of the project - for me its very obvious what has happened and its people who invested a lot of money and some other things i probably shouldnt mention because reasons.

Eh, on my end, I'm more upset about the 10 hours of missing storyline than missing features.

I'd be actually more than happy to wait for new content, if only CDPR would come out and say, "hey guys, we're working on this new set of missions, we're adding this new feature, just have a bit of patience and you'll see in two or three months"... But no, all we have is a joke of a roadmap and the promise of the next gen patch in the second half of 2021. That's all, basically nothing. This is what annoys me more, this wall of silence they're hiding behind. I have a feeling that's not a good sign.

Frankly, it gives the impression that they don't care enough anymore.

I'd be actually more than happy to wait for new content, if only CDPR would come out and say, "hey guys, we're working on this new set of missions, we're adding this new feature, just have a bit of patience and you'll see in two or three months"... But no, all we have is a joke of a roadmap and the promise of the next gen patch in the second half of 2021. That's all, basically nothing. This is what annoys me more, this wall of silence they're hiding behind. I have a feeling that's not a good sign.

Frankly, it gives the impression that they don't care enough anymore.
The are spending money on it, but apparently the sales are not as good as they hoped in the Q1 and apparently a lot of money is going into Cyberpunk. So I guess it depends how much they are willing to throw at it.

The are spending money on it, but apparently the sales are not as good as they hoped in the Q1 and apparently a lot of money is going into Cyberpunk. So I guess it depends how much they are willing to throw at it.

I can't imagine why sales were slumped in the first quarter. *amused sarcasm* But I think the sales are good enough to justify more support.

But it's a Catch-22 as it will never be as popular as it could have been or have the reputation it might have.

But it's a Catch-22 as it will never be as popular as it could have been or have the reputation it might have.

I personally think that that reputation/recognition will be earned back with expansions. If they are good that is. I wonder how many people haven't given it a chance, because it is the 'cool' thing to diss/treat negatively CP77....
....or I could be totally wrong ofcourse and people have actually given it a fair shake:)

I can't imagine why sales were slumped in the first quarter. *amused sarcasm* But I think the sales are good enough to justify more support.

I think it could, but it will cost them a lot of money and development time. The problem is that they shot themselves in the foot with this release, or more correctly blew the whole leg off :) Especially since they didn't want to push the game at least for the consoles, I understand that they wanted a massive release, but the game just weren't anywhere near ready. And they had built it up to the same hype as No man sky. So not only did the game get a lot of heat, but the company reputation just got slammed big time.

So they are not in a good position, if they abandon Cyberpunk, lets say done spending money on it, their reputation is going to take yet another massive hit. But also they now need Witcher 4 or what its going to be called, to be a massive success, because just as with Bethesda, people will keep a very close eye on Starfield and they can't afford releasing it, if it remotely in the state as Fallout 76 was. And the same applies with the next Witcher game. In my opinion, choosing between two bad things, pushing the release and pissing off a lot of customers or to just release it and hope for the best? The last option were definitely the wrong choice.

The only positive thing we can hope for, is that it will motivate them to realize that doing stuff like this is just not worth it, even if you have to spend slightly more time and money raising a game to high quality before release, it is the right thing to do. Also that they should stop announcing unrealistic release dates, that they then have to keep pushing.

I personally think that that reputation/recognition will be earned back with expansions. If they are good that is. I wonder how many people haven't given it a chance, because it is the 'cool' thing to diss/treat negatively CP77....
....or I could be totally wrong ofcourse and people have actually given it a fair shake:)

I dunno, I think that if people haven't given a chance because they've heard it's massively bugged and underwhelming gameplay then they aren't really wrong to choose not to give it a try.

The game is a huge success with 17 million sales but they expected 21 million by now.

Several posts deleted. Publicly discussing moderation is against the rules, and quoting such content also gets removed even if it such quoting posts themselves are not breaking any rules.

My personal opinion, which seems to be unwelcome and unpopular as its negative is that we cant and should not expect any major changes to this game made anytime soon, meaning next 15 months or so - and this is still very hopeful to think that anything core gameplay wise, such as AI, lack of chases, shallowness of NPCS, cut content and cut immersion, lack of outside mission content, non-interactive shops and majority of locations locked/unfinished will ever be changed - we will see few free small dlcs adding clothing, maybe cars, maybe weapons, maybe few side quests, maybe one or two paid dlcs adding additional content such as scenario missions but core itself is very very unlikely to change.

I believed in this studio and their abilities but ever since this game has released, I have gradually lost respect due to quality of release and absolute lack of communication or acknowledgement apart from one "apology" video and vague "roadmap".

Map is amazing, some ost is as well, gameplay mechanics mediocre, "RPG system" and skills are a missed opportunity, characters are visually nicely made, scenario is cut in half and often lacking middle grounds and polish as lots has been cut out, immersion is shallow and only looks somewhat good from distance.
I wouldnt say unwelcome. Your opinion is yours and you have as much right to share as I do mine, and so for all others. And btw, it isnt even just negative! Clearly you like various aspects also.
I will however say I dont share the negative aspects much;)

With relation to OP, I've also had pretty much a smooth ride ever since 1.06 (base PS4) so from december onwards the updates did not help me much. All the fixes they adressed have been largely void on my end since I had none of them break.

I do disagree however with the notion that new stuff was 'supposed' to arrive already?
First and foremost they first had to fix the game, so that is legitimate reason enough. But outside of that one very simple questiom raises for me: why?
i'm from the days of when a game was 2 hours long, gave you an experience and, that was it.
There was no such thing as an update, dlc or what have you. When a game did wel there just be the next game of that series couple years later.
The entire notion of new content should follow-up is something that always made me wonder why is it expected?
Dont get me wrong, if there's dlc which is cool I'll get it. But I usually never expect something. I find it weird in a way that stuff seems expected now beyond a game's original scope. (Which I know, CP is an odd one here if you believe the stories)

Also the idea that they 'should' be vocal of what they're working on. I also never really understood why. And I usually prefer the silence and just 'be surprised' whwn something new shows up.
These can be very long and rich discussions on their own so I'll not deviate from the path (topic) too much.
Post automatically merged:

It's rather worrying that it takes 7 months to patch a game into a stable state to be able to add new content.

It's a shame that the game was rushed to launch.
Well, if a fairly common consensus seems to be they released too early by at least one year, I think 7 months is actually short.
Not to chastise you for this btw, butbit seems to me to be a common occurence that is greatly overlooked.

Last edited:
I wouldnt say unwelcome. Your opinion is yours and you have as much right to share as I do mine, and so for all others. And btw, it isnt even just negative! Clearly you like various aspects also.
I will however say I dont share the negative aspects much;)

With relation to OP, I've also had pretty much a smooth ride ever since 1.06 (base PS4) so from december onwards the updates did not help me much. All the fixes they adressed have been largely void on my end since I had none of them break.

I do disagree however with the notion that new stuff was 'supposed' to arrive already?
First and foremost they first had to fix the game, so that is legitimate reason enough. But outside of that one very simple questiom raises for me: why?
i'm from the days of when a game was 2 hours long, gave you an experience and, that was it.
There was no such thing as an update, dlc or what have you. When a game did wel there just be the next game of that series couple years later.
The entire notion of new content should follow-up is something that always made me wonder why is it expected?
Dont get me wrong, if there's dlc which is cool I'll get it. But I usually never expect something. I find it weird in a way that stuff seems expected now beyond a game's original scope. (Which I know, CP is an odd one here if you believe the stories)

Also the idea that they 'should' be vocal of what they're working on. I also never really understood why. And I usually prefer the silence and just 'be surprised' whwn something new shows up.
These can be very long and rich discussions on their own so I'll not deviate from the path (topic) too much.

Well, if a fairly common consensus seems to be they released too early by at least one year, I think 7 months is actually short.
Not to chastise you for this btw, butbit seems to me to be a common occurence that is greatly overlooked.

I'm also from the two hour days, however, two hour games were mostly made from arcade based games. But also, the game world changed in many ways. Most importantly, they said they planned to deliver more content, and sales/interest after the initial release are based mostly on added content adding interest, and fans earning more.

As far as being vocal, its not required, but when it comes to selling any product on a continuing basis, a big part is keeping people engaged. Its important to release consistently, and predictably, if you want to keep that level of engagement. Now, that could actually mean yearly, or longer as long as you set up and meet that expectation (like movies). Truth is though, cdprojkt is very bad at this already with CP. the game came out way after its planned release, and required way more time to bug fix than they planned. This is a problem they will have to solve internally one way or another. The witcher and CP are actually both suffering from this problem. CP was in development longer because witcher needed all hands, and likely witcher 4 will be effected by CP.

Not all companies have a continuous earning plan, but apparently cdprojekt expects it. and that means keeping player interest high, and especially with a worrying release, people wonder if a thing will continue to be supported when they decide whether to get in on it.

Anyhow, if this is all they release with CP, its adequate, but its far from maximizing the game property's potential. Annd if its going to take them 8 years between releases, its also not going to maximize its potential.

Well part of the issue is the confusion over what exactly was being said by who. The game was supposed to be finished early in January but delayed multiple times because it was not even close to being finished. However, the delays were not remotely realistic. So the pressure was on for them to churn it out quickly when, yes, it did need another year of development at the very least to hammer out all of the bugs and also perhaps lead a bit more content.

Blaming gamers isn't fair either, though, as the stockholders were also undoubtedly wondering what was taking so damn long.

In the end, the result was just what it was.

It's been an imperfect storm of bugged launch and a fore-shortened game content-wise, exacerbated by the Console fiasco, at least for some of us.

I moved this game to a slower SSD to make room for other ones that have occupied my time for now.

Honestly, I'm waiting for more real content. Not vendor DLCs or customization DLCs although that supposedly is forthcoming, but an expansion. The story arcs were disjointed at best, truncated badly at the least. I've finished two of the endings, and it's...meh.

The attempt to polish the game over the last few months is cringey. Everyone knows they added more audio lines in certain cutscenes, but they don't even come close to matching the original voice actor for the gaps they're filling. It's very obvious for Johnny's lines. I'll give the gap voice actor props for trying, but it's actually making the continuity worse in some cases, not better.

Back to waiting for 1.3 and seeing what they do now.

That In it's self is a terrible business practice. Something that CDPR management should be ashamed of, especially when they attempted to make CDPR look better than the rest with the whole;

"We leave greed to others" :LOL:

That In it's self is a terrible business practice. Something that CDPR management should be ashamed of, especially when they attempted to make CDPR look better than the rest with the whole;

the real truth is, waiting another year was likely never an option. Its not just about CP, its also about every other project they are working on, like witcher. They pushed the release 6 months, which pushes back everything else 6 months. They weren't going to throw all their plans off by 1.5 years.

When they get a development that can do multiple games at once thats a possibility, but not now, when all resources focus on one game.

I get the game was a mangled mess, so patching has dominated their thinking in early months.
Surely though by now they need to get their heads out of the trench and talk about what the broad thoughts are for at least the first expansion.

I get the game was a mangled mess, so patching has dominated their thinking in early months.
Surely though by now they need to get their heads out of the trench and talk about what the broad thoughts are for at least the first expansion.

their official stance is that they aren't going to promote or reveal things until they are close to completion now, so they probably won't say anything, as I said I think its a bad idea, but since many people feel like they shouldn't have shown anything cyberpunk that could change, or allow people to guess based on small information, I wouldn't expect much new information.

I cant disagree ofcourse :p I think they kind of locked themselves in the closet (of sorts) that didn't open from the inside.
The game wasn't ready, but for some reason or other further delay was not negociable. What do you do?
Its basically a lose lose scenario.
This is what I like to believe unless 'proven' otherwise. On the other side however I sure do understand and can even get behind EA shenanigans, if only it wasn't for CDPR not having an EA history.

Lets hope they can crawl back to that statement where they do want CP to succeed and be that sparkling gem. Its not too late yet I think! :)

the real truth is, waiting another year was likely never an option. Its not just about CP, its also about every other project they are working on, like witcher. They pushed the release 6 months, which pushes back everything else 6 months. They weren't going to throw all their plans off by 1.5 years.

When they get a development that can do multiple games at once thats a possibility, but not now, when all resources focus on one game.

Well they still had revenue coming in, from TW3, its DLC's and Gwent with its in-game purchases, so they mist definetly should have pushed the date back again, especially when they were saying things like;

1626386665021.png

I cant disagree ofcourse :p I think they kind of locked themselves in the closet (of sorts) that didn't open from the inside.
The game wasn't ready, but for some reason or other further delay was not negociable. What do you do?
Its basically a lose lose scenario.
This is what I like to believe unless 'proven' otherwise. On the other side however I sure do understand and can even get behind EA shenanigans, if only it wasn't for CDPR not having an EA history.

Lets hope they can crawl back to that statement where they do want CP to succeed and be that sparkling gem. Its not too late yet I think! :)

If, for some reason that there was no way to push the game back from a legal, or contract binding issue, then they should have released it as an Early Access and took the hit on the chin.

They should not have been saying that the game was complete, and that it ran "surprisingly well" (on old consoles) when it was not/did not.

Releasing the game as an Early Access title would have gotten them some flak, but it would have bought them some time to fix the game as they could have relied on the fact that it was still in development as an Early Access game. It's not a great solution, but I reckon it would have been better than what they ended up doing :shrug:

Top Bottom