7 months in... And still no real major updates.

+
I wouldn't said that but at time, I bough "day one" at full-price a game, named TES-Skyrim who was maybe a "AAA" (don't know, too vague in my opinion), who was literally full of bugs (a lot, a lot and a lot), who crashed very, very often (during the loading screen when enterring in an area) and after 10 years still need an unofficial patch for playing it avoiding the unfixed bugs by Bethesda... But it could be the best game ever for some players (for me, no doubt, it's a real good game even with all the bugs I have encounter).
So, we will see in the futur how Cyberpunk will be considered, maybe the best game ever, who know :)
Well, I'd say just because Skyrim was buggy as hell doesn't mean we have to accept other games being buggy as hell, right? Also, although I'm genreally not a fan of the Skyrim approach to RPGs (vast as an ocean, flat as a puddle), at least the game design worked, there were no useless perks or broken crafting or teleporting guards.

Well, I'd say just because Skyrim was buggy as hell doesn't mean we have to accept other games being buggy as hell, right? Also, although I'm genreally not a fan of the Skyrim approach to RPGs (vast as an ocean, flat as a puddle), at least the game design worked, there were no useless perks or broken crafting or teleporting guards.
What do you mean by 'broken crafting'?

What do you mean by 'broken crafting'?
You can't reasonably level crafting to the highest level because you don't get enough crafting points even if you complete all the side content, dismantle all your junk and craft a whole lot of new stuff. Legendary crafting specs vanishing from shops when you visit them before having aquired the respective perk. The fact that you still can't bulk-craft components ( :ROFLMAO:), meaning if you actually want to craft high level gear, you have to literally spend hours crafting components one by one. Stats of crafted weapons seemingly changing at random. And so on and so on.

You can't reasonably level crafting to the highest level because you don't get enough crafting points even if you complete all the side content, dismantle all your junk and craft a whole lot of new stuff. Legendary crafting specs vanishing from shops when you visit them before having aquired the respective perk. The fact that you still can't bulk-craft components ( :ROFLMAO:), meaning if you actually want to craft high level gear, you have to literally spend hours crafting components one by one. Stats of crafted weapons seemingly changing at random. And so on and so on.

Agree with the components complaint and I am not sure why it is still there, as one patch made it possible for you to craft multiples of everything else. But one thing they (the same patch I think....but not 100% sure) did was lowering (by a lot) prices of crafting components in shops. So don't spend hours crafting them, but buy from the shops:D
The max level problem I have to start my ps4 pro to make sure (not playing it as I switched to series S, with no CP77 yet), but I am pretty sure I have it on max proficiency. Was crafting only legendary items to move the bar, but if you didn't know about the shops it explain why you had difficulties with it:)

leveling crafting to max is the easiest thing to level in the game. And they give you tons of materials. And by crafting and breaking down stuff, you can gain experience with minimal resources. But even if you go with just upgrading items for exp, there is more than enough mats to easily level crafting to max as soon as you get the main attribute for it.

Never experienced items changing stats after they are made. weapons are made to have a certain number of stats randomly rolled on creation.

The shop bug was annoying, heard they fixed it, but all items are the same stats, and they have legendary recipes out in the world, not just in stores. They also give you recipes from perks. The major flaw is more with the cosmetic systems, rather than crafting.

why bulk craft components? its more efficient time, and resource wise to craft items and break them down for components.

...and how should I craft items if I don't have components? Mind you, they patched the price of components so it's cheaper now, but come on. The crafting system is flawed as hell.
The shop bug was annoying, heard they fixed it, but all items are the same stats, and they have legendary recipes out in the world, not just in stores. They also give you recipes from perks. The major flaw is more with the cosmetic systems, rather than crafting.

And this just sucks, why try to downplay it? It doesn't work as intended.

...and how should I craft items if I don't have components? Mind you, they patched the price of components so it's cheaper now, but come on. The crafting system is flawed as hell.

the components are available from stores and are dirt cheap. It's not that difficult to level crafting to 20. The few legendary crafting plans from stores is not fixed but with the amount of legendary stuff available it's hardly that important anymore. If you have a PC then you can install a mod to fix the issue ( https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2835 ).

Levelling athletics past 4 or 5 is nigh on impossible

you get components from almost everything in game, and if they lowered the price of components, you can probably just make money from crafting and buy components with the profit.

As far as cosmetic problems, I won't downplay that, its a huge flaw, especially for replaying/RP. Its also odd, because they spent a lot of time and have a large variety of clothing, but the system doesn't use it well at all. There is also, a number of working accessories and clothes that aren't available. But thats a whole separate system from crafting.

In all my playthrough since day one, I always finish at level 18 in crafting (only 18 in tech skill), way way before reaching the max level (50).
It's really easy to level up this skill (much easier than many others) :(
So, important tips:
  • Dismantling is only good for common and uncommon crafting components (dismantle an item earns 4xp against 400xp or more for craft/upgrading).
  • Crafting/Upgrading components to better ones is only viable when you are missing some.
  • Buy your components, there is no better way to have a lot (a stupid amount) of rare/epic/legendary ones (150 rares ones for 2.5K eddies, 150 legendary ones for 8K eddies, that's cheap...)
  • Upgrade your weapons, clothes as things progress.
  • Craft armadillos as things progress and dismantle the common, uncommon and rare ones (only keep epics at the end).
  • Craft health items/grenades in mass and dismantle them.
  • If possible, craft your QHs.
With those few tips, your crafting skill will reach the max level way before to be level 50. So it's not broken at all, you have to craft/upgrade, that's all. CDPR don't need to fix a working skill... :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom