8.3 Patch notes

+
You love me right?

A lot of players said they insta forfeit against lockdown, but only to me you "advice" to took a break from the game. And now, even in this same topic i blame about this, other players have said about ppl playing the same meta as before and you only quote me.

I think you are after me personally, almost no doubt about it.

And, if you are just trying to make fun, let me advice you, i dont like your "moderator wanna be" way of post
Post automatically merged:

on topic, i ve just played 2 games with foltest and commandos and that was great.

In fact you need to be carfull to not create more than 9 commandos (yes, in both the games my opponent didint countered my foltest and i have created a lot of commandos)
Hey, just take a deep breath, no need to overreact or build conspiracies where there's none.

Just to make things clear, it was you who suggested you need a break, not me:

I always see this topic and ask for myself when i Will create a topic like this.

Ita funny, but for now, i am not having much fun playing The game. This meta toxic with Block, kills, thin The opponent deck, lockdown leader and everything else its not for me.

I dont whant Just pointslam but I dont like to play olny counter, so i think The game should balance that.

I am thinking to play another game
This was your post I reacted to, saying I can fully understand you need a break. Zero personal background. So let's just get over this.

As for making fun? No harm was meant, but as it clearly bothers you, sure, I have better things to do as well. No offense meant or taken. I absolutely understand your irritation, I also have a few things I do not like about certain posts. :coolstory:

Back to topic:

According to TLG Keltulis has been high Tier 2 the entire season and at some point Tier 1.
The nerf is fair as it only really hits the Dash interaction, where she can still be buffed, but can be locked etc., while leaving the ability the same for MO themselves (like for the new Vampires).
This summarizes it mostly. On the other hand I also agree that this unfortunately hits some other (not so common) strategies with neutral cards (Idarran being a good example). Keltullis is one of the top tier decks in Tournaments. Because of it's playstyle it is a lot less popular on ranked ladder though, it yields weaker numbers both in win,- and palyrates.
The irony is that this change only effects ladder, it will have almost zero effect in Tournaments.

This!!! That was my first thought, the excitement about vampires was premature but it was quite obvious to anyone paying attention to the last few months. We're in a unitless meta and bleed is slow tempo.
This is valid, I have the same concern. It remains to be seen how the meta shifts, but Vampires being heavily dependent on unit interaction with bleeds suffer badly vs unitless decks in practice.
Post automatically merged:

Not really, Damien allows you to use YOUR leader ability again, Anna allows you to also use a leader ability you have no influence on again, which can be something faction locked or Ursine Ritual, in which case you get around 0-1 point out of it.
Yep, she is either a hit or miss, her value greatly depending on your opponents Leader.

Guest 4375874

Not really, Damien allows you to use YOUR leader ability again, Anna allows you to also use a leader ability you have no influence on again, which can be something faction locked or Ursine Ritual, in which case you get around 0-1 point out of it.
Are we pretending no other leader abilities exist? They could get matched with Shield Wall or Carapace. There are more targets than there aren't and even in the case of ursene ritual they can just play a card from your graveyard. It's really not that difficult, they do it already.

Since when did people start calling locks "blocks"? Who started this trend? Twas locks afair since days yonder, who, when and why inserteth the B in the beginning of the word??

Since when did people start calling locks "blocks"? Who started this trend? Twas locks afair since days yonder, who, when and why inserteth the B in the beginning of the word??
Problably its a translate problem.

In portuguese they wrote "bloqueia uma unidade" wich means "block an unit". Maybe in other languages has the same translate problem.

For us lock its something like "trancar"... example, lock the door "tranque a porta".

So, since they use the word "bloquear" (bloquear is in infinitive) and not "trancar" people translate to block and not lock.

But in this case, both words has the same signfication

i dont like being a douche and playing non interactive, but elves and traps are my 2 favourite ST archtypes and they work so well together now...
Gotta agree it's especially satisfying against the currently popular no unit Madoc Decks when there's nothing to kill on the Board and you can almost feel how they struggle to find out which trap you just played not knowing which Card they should play next. :ohstopit:
Yeah it's a translation problem I already saw it by another User who most likely directly translated the German word blockiere in to blocks.

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc

Guest 4375874

Just from early impressions, the new cards seem like a real mixed bag.

I like the effort to make trap, dwarf and vampire decks viable, but I'm really worried about Nilfgaard. NG was already an OP nightmare, and I think they've made it worse.

Anna Henrietta is ridiculous - like Damien de la Tour, but unblockable and 2 provision cheaper? Insane.

Emhyr is annoying too, because he further overpowers Coup de Grace, which is already horrible. I'm so sick of seeing the Joachim and CdG combo, but now I can look forward to copies of all my best units too. Great...

Anna Henrietta - Just encountered it, this card is beyond broken. This can't be a deploy ability, who is coming up with these ideas...and Cadavarine? :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:
NG was already an OP nightmare, and I think they've made it worse.

Anna Henrietta is ridiculous - like Damien de la Tour, but unblockable and 2 provision cheaper? Insane.
OMG. From what rank are you writing? No offense, but this is ridiculous. OP nightmare, sure. You look in the wrong direction, I mean look at SK and ST.
Anna is a brickable meme. Like, a ton of decks in the ladder are Blaze of Glory now. So what Anna will do then? Insane. :coolstory:
Do not compare replaying your own leader and some random one.

OMG. From what rank are you writing? No offense, but this is ridiculous. OP nightmare, sure. You look in the wrong direction, I mean look at SK and ST.
Anna is a brickable meme. Like, a ton of decks in the ladder are Blaze of Glory now. So what Anna will do then? Insane. :coolstory:
Do not compare replaying your own leader and some random one.
No, Anna is not a meme card, NG clog is coming back. It's the best NG archetype right now. They change leader ability from Lock down to Imprisonment. Game plan is the same: clog round 1, viper mentor witcher x 2 + kolgrim behind a defender round 2. They can use all leader charges (Imprisonment) to lock engines in round 2 and use opponent's leader ability with Anna. If you have haunt, ball or oneiromancy in your deck then is a lost match because you can't draw your purify or heatwave with all tokens and bronzesclogging your top deck.

Anna card supports this archetype and annoying to play against.

ya1

Forum regular
I wouldn't say it's the worst update. The last update when they hardly changed anything beyond "hotfixing" Viy was much more deserving of that kinda hate. 12 new cards and some significant reworks is a lot. Sure, the cards are overtuned af and it does feel like an early April Fools' but hopefully hotfixes will come...

Guest 4375874

This is by far the worst update I've ever experienced. People playing 40+ points in one turn because they summoned 7 blue stripes at a time, absolutely ridiculous.
Blue stripes and just about everything else. They removed the risk from playing Traps entirely by transforming into units so unitless is now encouraged more than it was before. The NG nerf wasn't even a nerf when you think about it, it doesn't curtail clog decks in the slightest and now allows them both to lock and copy a leader with no way to counter Anna. All this update did was create more imbalance

Yes, Anna may copy the opponents leader, but why are you so afraid about something who is going to be mediocre most of the time?
Leaders have sinergy with their own factions, so having the opportunity of using one being from another is... Helpful at most.
Finally, there are probably some cards that will need quick adjustments, but overall I think this patch is really good because they focused in giving some love to forget archetypes. Thats always something good.

Anna card supports this archetype and annoying to play against.
I don't get how Anna supports clogging. Let's say you play against SY, then what? How Anna will help you?
At its best Anna can play for like 11-12 for 9. What is scary about it?

with no way to counter Anna
Why would you want to counter Anna? She just plays for raw value, it's not like she is a dangerous engine that can carry a game if not answered.

Look at SK Eist, this is the card you would like to counter.
You can counter Emhyr, Brouver, Foltest, Unseen Elder, but for some reason, you can't counter Eist which plays like a scenario in one turn.

Is it just me or is the Season of Bear Reward Tree not updated. I'm still stuck on completed tree from last year Ivo of Belhaven. Will there be a new Reward Tree for New Season of Bear 2021 ?

I think this patch is absolutely horrible.

First, it is a disgraceful marketing ploy. The 12 new cards are — even if counterable — so powerful that it is difficult to build competitive decks without them. However, the new cards are all legendary, and all base set. One can not obtain them by buying expansion kegs — one must buy either faction or ultimate kegs. If I counted correctly, there are 271 legendary cards in the game. From previous reports, about 5% of all kegs contain a legendary card. That means you can expect 2.2 of the new cards in every 1000 kegs opened. Basically, if you want to experience these cards, you either need the scraps to craft them, or you get to pay $30 to buy a pack of them. That’s really hard on those of us still trying to build a collection as every card crafted is one more to be duplicated in future keg purchases.

But beyond this, virtually every new card is designed to be binary — counter it or lose. Let me take them one at a time.

Unseen elder — with devotion and no other set up, if I read the card correctly, it plays for 23 points in its first four turns, and then is a passive 4 point per turn engine after that — this is too much by a factor of 2 for any one card.

Dettlaff — at least this requires some set up, but can reasonably play for 18+ points. And with a 6 point body is beyond easy removal.

Emhyr — another body beyond easy removal. Strongly supports thirsty dames, aristocrats, amnesty, and other status based cards. And offers consistency and steals units. Combining all this in one card makes no sense, complicates the game in a bad way, and is too powerful for a single card.

Henrietta — very binary depending upon the opponent’s leader ability. Against abilities like force of nature, shield wall, orreckless flurry, the ability is likely to be as effective as it is for its original owner. Against other leaders like fruits of ysgith, ursine ritual, or off the books, it is virtually worthless. Thus, it will always be a meme card. But it is too devastating in the wrong matchups to be a good meme card.

King Foltest — absolutely the worst card idea since Cahir (and it takes some doing to be worse than scenarios and echo cards). The card is not easily removed, produces four or five points a turn with dun banner or blue scouts — which can then be replayed in a single turn in a later round, and can also create useful engines for amphibious assault. Another remove or lose card that ought never exist.

Queen Meve — this is actually a good card for the game. A bit tricky to time and to fit with overall strategy, but enough better than bone talisman to be worthwhile.

Broover Hoog — Easily a five point per turn passive engine that is almost impossible to efficiently remove. Even working with a weak cohort (and dwarves are not really weak) this is too much. Way OP without Yrden, and too binary with it.

Eldain — needed support for traps, but too much support for unit less deck building. Probably too much support for Vernossiel as well.

Eist — I withhold judgment on this one. Seems OK, but there are a lot of potential combos for me to feel comfortable with the card. Seems to play for good value even if immediately removed.

Crach — Finally a card I actually look forward to trying. Looks reasonable, but the adjacent unit’s damaging and receiving damage is really something I need to see played out.

Cleaver and Whoreson Jr. both seem reasonable — but not sufficient to make SY competitive — maybe the other card boosts will however.

Eist — I withhold judgment on this one. Seems OK, but there are a lot of potential combos for me to feel comfortable with the card. Seems to play for good value even if immediately removed.
Trust me on this one - if anything deserves a hotfix and a title being broken (and I very rarely use this title) is Eist. I can safely say this might be an oversight from the developers.

In short, imagine the following scenario:

Blazing Glory Leader with Eist
R3, you play Eist with Jutta in hand - 5+12 points
Straight after this you use Leader, ideally target a Greatsword in your deck - with Eist on board, this plays for an additional immediate 10 body and 10 damage to your opponent's board
37 damage in total, in one swing - one that is definitely not hard to setup.

All other new cards are more or less powerful - but nothing that is uncounterable and a huge swing at the same time.

Guest 4375874

I don't get how Anna supports clogging. Let's say you play against SY, then what? How Anna will help you?
At its best Anna can play for like 11-12 for 9. What is scary about it?

Why would you want to counter Anna? She just plays for raw value, it's not like she is a dangerous engine that can carry a game if not answered.

Look at SK Eist, this is the card you would like to counter.
You can counter Emhyr, Brouver, Foltest, Unseen Elder, but for some reason, you can't counter Eist which plays like a scenario in one turn.
I'm sure you've played the game long enough to know how the cards work so not much point spending too much time on this. Combined with something like the new lockdown it's just as annoying as Damien except it has an aristocrat tag and you can't counter it. They can lock your leader in R1 and then copy it's ability in R2 using Anna. Unless you drew really well in R1 things will not go very well in the next round. All these cards are overtuned yes but any card...just like Damien that just gives you leader charges imo is beyond broken especially if there's no way to counter it. It doesn't matter how many points it grants them it's how it's used...how do you imagine NG does when it can use SW or Carapace to protect it's engines. There's a reason the faction doesn't have those mechanics. There's more to consider than a simple point play.

Top Bottom