8.3 Patch notes

+
Has anyone tried playing Eist to discard a card like Mordvark? Theoretically, it should only recall the one copy that exists. But does it work correctly? And does it decrement the count? In other words, is Mordvark brought back by its own power or by the power of Eist?

On a top tier unit like Gezras this could be quite insane not sure we desperately needed a another different version of Yenn Invocation. :giveup:
Back when I made that post I didn't even realize that Cadaverine 's tactic tag even enables double play with Skellen, just seen a post on reddit where someone uses double Cadaverine on a Gezras obviously with copying Deadeye Ambush to line up a better range row before that with Anna.

Has anyone tried playing Eist to discard a card like Mordvark? Theoretically, it should only recall the one copy that exists. But does it work correctly? And does it decrement the count? In other words, is Mordvark brought back by its own power or by the power of Eist?
I believe there is no problematic interaction with Morkvarg - not so much as with Birna.
As it turns out, using Birna's double discard with Eist brings back both units, but uses only 1 charge from Eist...

I'm just mocking cdpr for removing leader abilities to bring them back as cards later. not sure what you are referencing
Eithne was the Mystic Echo leader, replaying the special card from graveyard, so the card you suggested would have been Eithne. Francesca would be "Draw any card from your deck, then shuffle a card from your hand back to your deck" or something.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I believe there is no problematic interaction with Morkvarg - not so much as with Birna.
As it turns out, using Birna's double discard with Eist brings back both units, but uses only 1 charge from Eist...

Can you confirm this? Have you seen it happening yourself or just from reports?
Because an OP card like Eist certainly doesnt need a bug (since it goes against the card text) to make it stronger.

Ive been using Eist with Patricidal Fury, a slightly less greedy version to ensure BT2, and i use Eist for the single effect, but that has brought me good results as players immediately focus on destroying Eist while i have no further plans for him, but yeah maybe those players were afraid of the birna play (i do run the full discard package)

Eithne was the Mystic Echo leader, replaying the special card from graveyard, so the card you suggested would have been Eithne. Francesca would be "Draw any card from your deck, then shuffle a card from your hand back to your deck" or something.
In Open Beta that was true, in Homecoming Francesca had the later decoupled Mystic Echo.

I am pretty sure Eithne was Precision Strike and Francesca was Mystic Echo.
In Open Beta Francesca was mulligan stuff.
Yes, I'm referring to open beta. Eithne was resurrect a special card from graveyard in open beta (MEcho), and Francesca was swap a card and boost it by 3. When was Eithne precision strike and Francesca Mystic Echo? Homecoming or something?

Yes, I'm referring to open beta. Eithne was resurrect a special card from graveyard in open beta (MEcho), and Francesca was swap a card and boost it by 3. When was Eithne precision strike and Francesca Mystic Echo? Homecoming or something?
I somehow missed your second post, which is why I corrected my post already.

All things considered the comparison is interesting.
In the end these abilities that are interacting with other cards are fine once they are back on a card, like the 100% consistency leader cards from Open Beta.
Obviously I would also say this goes for Second Wind, however for some reason the devs thought it to be a good idea to give Eist 2 unrestricted revivals, rather than the sensible 1.

That's obviously just the same problem as with Lippy. The developers never realized that it was possible to discard multiple cards at the same time when they were writing the code. If they only had playtesters, things like this wouldn't happen.

That's obviously just the same problem as with Lippy. The developers never realized that it was possible to discard multiple cards at the same time when they were writing the code. If they only had playtesters, things like this wouldn't happen.

If the combo works with Lippy this is totaly OP.

If the combo works with Lippy this is totaly OP.
It does indeed :giveup:
It discards your WHOLE DECK and summons all units for 1 charge :D
Post automatically merged:

Can you confirm this? Have you seen it happening yourself or just from reports?
This is already officially acknowledged and being worked on by CDPR (this and the game breaking Lippy version too).

Is it a real joke ? What is This for pirates ? You full boost traps dwarves vampires... AND PIRATES ????! Always bad... Always Hard and no competitive

Ah, OK then. That explains it. I stopped playing about 3 months before Homecoming hit.
why are you still on this forum then? :giveup:
but yea I referenced the homecoming fran which was mystic echo and that cdpr refused to change until they nerfed harmony dead before they eventually gave up and changed her :coolstory:

leader ability from Anna can carryover to r3. And don't forget Yen, Vs NR shield wall, yoink Anseis and duel in r 3

Vs SK Blaze, yoink greatsword and use leader to move greatsword from deck to graveyard, while damage enemy Jutta. You can even highroll harald with bribery to bring greatsword back from graveyard.

Vs MO vampire that's unconditional 12 p .

Vs SY pocket yoink spender + copy and lock engines, even coup philippa and yoink drill
The possibility is limitless. Anna is not a meme card.

It does indeed :giveup:
It discards your WHOLE DECK and summons all units for 1 charge :D
Post automatically merged:

This is already officially acknowledged and being worked on by CDPR (this and the game breaking Lippy version too).

Tried it with Lippy. Only one card from three was summoned by Eist.

Alright, I'll go faction by faction of what I think of the changes (I skip stuff I don't have an active opinion on atm):

Monsters
- Carapace: Why was this nerfed (even only slightly)? Did anyone complain about an unstoppable Ciri: Dash? lol. I mean I never played the Keltulus and Ciri deck as I never found it interesting, actually I loved to play against it cuz it just always got annihilated by some of the tall punish I love to put into my decks. :p
- Alp: Good, this card needed a buff, though I'd have made the bleeding order be at 2 value so it's total value is at 8 + synergy which fits into other 5 prov cards.
- Fleder: This card needed a buff/redesign but.. not sure this was the way forward, it will just end up having a ton of vitality it doesn't get to use and just ain't rly interesting to look at. An interesting idea would be to make him get boosted twice as fast from Vitality if there is Blood Moon effect on the opposite row! :eek: ... and by "twice as fast" I mean boost at the end of enemy turn, not like double-boost at the end of your turn so it's a bit less insane.
- Protofleder: This card needed a buff and this is a buff so good.
- Dettlaff Van Der Erretin: COOL!
- Unseen Elder: COOL! But I'd have given him Veil too, I mean he IS the Unseen Elder. :]

- Disappointed that Dol Dhu Lokke is still the worst location card of all (it's ability is plain bad and not useful enough), I wish this was changed.

Skellige
- Crach an Craite - Cool!
- Eist Tuirseach - Too scary! :x this is a 13 provision card.

- I loved all the rest of changes done here to SK and all are good!
But I lament that there isn't more done, primarily nerfing Gutting Slash' bloodthirst to be 2 bleeding instead of +2 instant damage (!) and Cerys to 12 provisions. Also a cap on how much Bear Witcher Mentor can be boosted (like you put a limitation to Lyrian Schyteman) and nerf Patricidal Fury so it's not giving Bloodthirst 3 instant, let it give Bt (2) instead. Also pls rework Yoana so she does something with armor. :]

Northern Realms
- King Foltest: ... I don't like that he's an addition to an already annoying Commando spam archetype. :| but okay I guess.
- Queen Meve: Nothing special (and actually kind of weak).
- The rest is okay, nothing too special I'd comment on, pretty tame and mild changes to NR...

Scoia'tael
- Brouver Hooge - I love that he adds value and synergy with armor for Dwarves which is exactly what they needed! But... he's a bit too powerful, nerf him to 5 power and then it'd be cool. :love:
- Eldain - Cool! But maybe a bit too strong (by a tiny bit, maybe make him 5 power or 11 provision and it's perfect), I can see him getting 15 to 18 value + Elf synergy without much problems.
- Changes to traps are good, especially for Serpent Trap (though I suggested before to be Spring: Deal 2 dmg and poison a random enemy unit, this is cool too) but for Pitfall Trap I still think it's an underwhelming card.
- Eibhear Hattori: Not particularly interesting but better then he was before so yay.
- Slight buff to Saskia is nice.
- Unfortunate that there is no nerf to Malena, or a buff to some useless 4P cards like Farseer.

/
Okay for now this is all I have time to comment on, I'll make a new post later when I can on the rest. =)
To continue from where I left off.

Nilfgaard
- Emhyr Var Emreis: I think he should be 6 power.
- Anna Henrietta: Now this is a tricky card but I think the key to balancing it is to consider that she isn't just a card that goes into any deck. I think she would best fit into an Assimilate deck as that way you are able to be more certain you synergize the ability when you'll be copying your opponents cards anyway. At 9 provisions I think it's the perfect cost for the risk you are taking with her as you're not guaranteed to get much use from her.
I do however think that a slight nerf should be in order in the form of locking that ability for the turn you used Anna on. This way she keeps her deploy effect so you are guaranteed to copy opponent's leader BUT you can't use it on the same turn.

- Cadaverine: REVERT THIS NOW! :O
Seriously... what the bloody hell was this change for? - Removing one of the most unique and interesting cards in the faction to replace it with a combination of something that NG already has a ton of: Poison and a copying an opponent's unit.
As if NG already doesn't have so many cards and ways to copy, steal and play opponent's cards or poison something!
Is this just because it was rarely played?!? Well of course that a card that actually requires thinking and setting up to work would be less favored, by the common sheeple, then a simple instant gratification card BUT WE ALREADY HAVE TONS OF THOSE! Why remove a fun card just to add a boring one? If you wanted a boring card u can always make one but don't kill a fun one for it. :[ Fun and unique ways to play are slowly dying out.
Oh and also it seems OP since it can POISON AND COPY ANY GOLD OR LEGENDARY UNIT (including a defender to ofc protect your Ball)!

- Also disappointed to see no change to the toxic binary card known as Cahir Dyffryn.

Syndicate
- Cleaver: Cool!
- Whoreson Junior: I suggest to make his deploy be 5 damage but also can target any non-damaged unit so he isn't instantly bricked vs SK. You also might as well give him Intimidate.
- I don't play this faction but I see it's getting tons of buffs and that's probably good (was it actually this UP for so long lol ?), haven't seen it played so often either. The only thing I am not quite sure about is the prov buff to Whoreson's Freak Show cause I think it's scary due to it's removal potential which can be used on the same turn it's put down, but with the well deserved buff to the Tunnel Drill I'd assume it's needed so the Freak show doesn't lag behind.

- A slight provision nerf to Whoreson Senior I'd like to see... I think he's too strong for 8 provisions (I only mention this here cause I wish it was in this patch).

//
All in all, the update returned some hope (except for Cadaverine change!) in the game for me, but the long road is still ahead of us. :)
(also this is how you format a post so it's easier to read, not just copy paste notepad notes :p )

Last edited:
Top Bottom