8.3 Patch notes

+

Guest 4375874

To continue from where I left off.

Nilfgaard
- Emhyr Var Emreis: I think he should be 6 power.
- Anna Henrietta: Now this is a tricky card but I think the key to balancing it is to consider that she isn't just a card that goes into any deck. I think she would best fit into an Assimilate deck as that way you are able to be more certain you synergize the ability when you'll be copying your opponents cards anyway. At 9 provisions I think it's the perfect cost for the risk you are taking with her as you're not guaranteed to get much use from her.
I do however think that a slight nerf should be in order in the form of locking that ability for the turn you used Anna on. This way she keeps her deploy effect so you are guaranteed to copy opponent's leader BUT you can't use it on the same turn.

Good suggestion but she works in ANY deck. I've faced several so far not just assimilate, there are very few leaders where she won't return huge value and most of those other leaders see very little play to begin with. Even if they face such an opponent Cadaverine ensures they have a target for that leader since it can copy any card. I had to consider going to Arachas Swarm, essentially a dead archetype, because as a MO player she gets the most value from every other leader and that's the problem right there. Some factions are going to be forced to use a leader that is not good in the event they face NG and of course lose badly against everyone else. My predictions have yet to be incorrect as far as these consistently bad mechanics so I'm out for now, hopefully the next patch includes some sensible decisions because this patch was just throwing mud at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Honestly i think they 'nerfed/buffed/or-otherwise-changed' (however you want to look at it) Cadaverine because of Foltest and the inevitable poop-swarms that we will all have to endure until the next patch because of him :) As if the self-replicating witchers weren't bad enough ... Same reason they canceled epidemic a while ago (which i am still upset about)

I like Ana ... full disclosure, I pretty much play NG exclusively, mainly because of lockdown, but now that's a bit different ... i've had good luck and bad luck with her, but she's definitely interesting which is mainly what i look for ... finding uses for interesting cards, not necessarily winning all the time with the pre-fab combos (i pride myself on still not having ever even CRAFTED ball ... won't do it!)

Just saw the new Habbla1 video on Crach, and it was quite tragic, not because he had little success, but because his deck wasnt really a pirate deck, it was a Dagur/GS deck, and he gave such bad use to Crach.

This is really bad, its perpetuating the bad image Crach and pirates quickly got on this update - i've seen several players ranking him below average on new cards - and i think this is happening because players dont know how to build a proper pirate deck.

Look, there are enough cards that can exist multiple variations, but as a general rule, reworked cards = really strong, so just take a look at the reworked dimun smuggler and dimun warship when you're looking for solid choices.

Also, havent seen anyone besides myself using Tidecloak Hideaway, at least on my deck its SO good as openers on R1, i even Oneiro for the 2nd in case i missed it. Players are always surprised and have to read that card they dont know about:

Hideaway Value.jpg

This is NOT a lucky case, i usually get 11-12 out of them on opening play.

I might do a guide for pirates and post it on this forum, i'll be the pirate ambassador and show they're really good (im using Rage of the Sea for the theme, because i dont feel like i need the extra value of other leaders like PF and Flurry)

I have no idea how people can play Gwent at the moment when Eist is straight up a "I win" card. Maybe the most unbalanced card in Gwent history. And to the surprise of nobody SK Warriors is the archetype to receive it.
I really think the devs need to reevaluate their approach to SK discards & resurrects. It was by far my favorite aspect of the faction in the beta but as it stands right now it will always be used for pure pointslam rather than actual decision making.

I have no idea how people can play Gwent at the moment when Eist is straight up a "I win" card. Maybe the most unbalanced card in Gwent history. And to the surprise of nobody SK Warriors is the archetype to receive it.
I really think the devs need to reevaluate their approach to SK discards & resurrects. It was by far my favorite aspect of the faction in the beta but as it stands right now it will always be used for pure pointslam rather than actual decision making.
Same opinion here, no idea why SK always has to receive more and more and more cheap pointslam. While other factions have to work hard for their points they just get it with little effort. Have never played this faction in ranked and casual and I'm proud of it, even though people will still say NG is even more overpowered and unfair. Oh my.

Just saw the new Habbla1 video on Crach, and it was quite tragic, not because he had little success, but because his deck wasnt really a pirate deck, it was a Dagur/GS deck, and he gave such bad use to Crach.

This is really bad, its perpetuating the bad image Crach and pirates quickly got on this update - i've seen several players ranking him below average on new cards - and i think this is happening because players dont know how to build a proper pirate deck.

Look, there are enough cards that can exist multiple variations, but as a general rule, reworked cards = really strong, so just take a look at the reworked dimun smuggler and dimun warship when you're looking for solid choices.

Also, havent seen anyone besides myself using Tidecloak Hideaway, at least on my deck its SO good as openers on R1, i even Oneiro for the 2nd in case i missed it. Players are always surprised and have to read that card they dont know about:

View attachment 11194039

I might do a guide for pirates and post it on this forum, i'll be the pirate ambassador and show they're really good (im using Rage of the Sea for the theme, because i dont feel like i need the extra value of other leaders like PF and Flurry)
In fact a long time ago trynet has made a Good pirate/boat/warriors deck.

I ve copy that deck and still today i have it and i Will upgrade with crach.

If someone Will say something about "copy The deck", Yes i like tô copy trynet decks because He always come with something new and away from "meta".

Also, i usually change his decks

View attachment 11194039

I played a pirate deck well before this expansion and found it surprisingly good — and Tidecloak hideaway is definitely a star. I haven’t had a chance to try the new and updated cards, but I always enjoy your guides.

Guest 4375874

Same opinion here, no idea why SK always has to receive more and more and more cheap pointslam. While other factions have to work hard for their points they just get it with little effort. Have never played this faction in ranked and casual and I'm proud of it, even though people will still say NG is even more overpowered and unfair. Oh my.
Two things can be true at the same time. SK is a problem and so is NG.

In which way is NG a problem though ?
With Lockdown adjusted I do not see any cards/leaders that are by design toxic and also competitive.
Would you mind elaborating briefly on why you assume NG to be a problem (polemic "arguments" do not count) ?

Every faction is a "problem" in certain match-ups xD That's definitely not what I consider overpowered, that's just how the game is, whether you like it or not.

ya1

Forum regular
Lol last time NG was a real problem was double ball back when there was no veil and Cobras were 4p. But even then double ball was crap on blue coin, and there were other decks popping up that were arguably even more problematic. Even last patch, the most toxic and nerf-deserving clog was only mid-tier. Post MM and now SK - decks that get 65% winrate in pro - this is a real problem.

Its only me or since The New expansion The game its a little - how can i say - "broke".

I mean, i play in cell Phone and since Last expansion its seems The game its consuming more battery and ram.

Its only with me this problem or anyone else notes this?

View attachment 11194039

Mate, you are one of the very few people here who are getting creative with the decks. I really like your posts about your original setups.

Perhaps, if you have the time to start your own channel, it will gain you some following, and hopefully encourage other people to build their own decks.

View attachment 11194039

Seems the match was against traps which means quite a lot of uninteractivity in round 3. How does the deck perform against them? And which is the card most on the right in your hand which has 6 power? Can't identify it

Mate, you are one of the very few people here who are getting creative with the decks. I really like your posts about your original setups.

Perhaps, if you have the time to start your own channel, it will gain you some following, and hopefully encourage other people to build their own decks.

Thank you for the kind words, truly. Trying original decks and making meme cards shine is my main focus on Gwent.

And i have considered that possibility, although i am not a fan of streaming and it seems you can never have much of a following just with writing guides and articles, which is what i like to do. Its quite ironic that players prefer to watch a video rather than read a long guide because its 'boring', but the videos are usually 30-60min long while reading would just take 3-5min... :shrug:

View attachment 11194039

I did play Crach for quite a while mostly on rank 2 and it's really fun to play but my deck struggles hard against most of the current high tier Decks (that would probably drastically change if I switch to BoG and add Eist and Jutta), so my overall win rate was pretty bad, but if Crach goes off it's just totally fun and in some matchups it can lead to a total overkill with Wild Boar as a finisher (Monster swarm, UR Lippy and NR Witchers) but like I said above for climbing the ladder pirates alone won't be enough.

The Tidecloak Hideaway, Holger Blackhand and some pirates afterwards do really bring some good Tempo in the first round but I really think a pure pirate deck suffers a bit from not enough good midrange Pirate Card's (7-9p) that synergise well with Crach after putting in the most useful Pirate's in my Deck I also switched to Rage of the Sea because I still had provisions left and also switched out some low provision cards for Oneiromancy and Skellige Storm (for Meme reasons).

Top Bottom