8 hours into white orchid :\

+
I don't ever want to leave White Orchard. Give me one good reason to leave White Orchard. Blah main quest... blah save the world... blah Triss, Yennefer, Ciri... Can't I just stay in WO indefinitely, wait for monsters to respawn and old ladies to send me fetch their lost kittens in the swamp? Please someone release a farming mod and I'll just settle down, marry the hot herb chick and plow my fields forever and ever... What's the point of the main quest really.

BTW I'm 14 hours in and about half way through the POI. Barely brushed the Beast quest too...

Last edited:
I don't ever want to leave White Orchard. Give me one good reason to leave White Orchard. Blah main quest... blah save the world... blah Triss, Yennefer, Ciri... Can't I just stay in WO indefinitely, wait for monsters to respawn and old ladies to send me fetch their lost kittens in the swamp? Please someone release a farming mod and I'll just settle down, marry the hot herb chick and plow my fields forever and ever... What's the point of the main quest really.

BTW I'm 14 hours in and about half way through the POI. Barely brushed the Beast quest too :)

I loved it too, but the area will feel cramped soon enough. Once you get to Velen...heh...'tis a lot bigger and makes you feel very small indeed. :happy:

Besides...you can always return to White Orchard if you miss it too much.

The only thing I miss so far are Gwent players. That dumb scholar is no match, I might have to lend him part of my deck.

Just kiddin'. Fully enjoying the slow crawl into the game world, but can't wait for it to open up and the real business to begin of course ;-)

I wonder if I'll feel compelled to use fast travel. So far I haven't.

Last edited:
I spend about 8-10 hours i White Orchard.
I'm just now over 100 hours, I'm nearly finishing the main story (I think) but there's A LOT of side quests and Witcher Contracts I didn't do, because I want to finish the main story. I play with markers off in the map, so I have no idea how many things I missed. Probably a whole lot.

So yeah. there's a lot more after White Orchard.
To be honest, what's there is not really representative of the quality of quests and game's writing that's in the rest of the game.
White Orchard is good, but the rest of the game is spectacular in almost every regard.

I can see that happening if he literally WALKS to every location lol.

That's pretty much what I did, walked around or walked on Roach, no fast travel and with points of interest not marked on map, spent 30 hours in White Orchard.

Now I'm almost 70 hours in, just completed Ladies of the Wood, am at level 11 and have only just finished the Bloody Baron's initial Ciri flashback.

Haven't even been to the Novigrad side of the Pontar, East side of Southern Velen is not explored yet, - what can I say, I'm loving the sights.

BTW I'm 14 hours in and about half way through the POI. Barely brushed the Beast quest too...

I took my sweet time too. Did everything and left at around 23 hours.

There is a much bigger world awaiting you. But there is no need to rush.

Exploring every corner and knook is the game play. Rushing headlong into it wasn't what the game was designed for - thank god!

took me 160 hours to complete the game while doing everything (i think), and without using fast travel, what the hell are you guys doing in white orchard all that time o_O

Yeah i dont see how some people have beaten the game already. some have even beaten it twice ive read. i dont even think im halfway and have played it everyday since release. i dont think ill see another game this good until red dead redemption 2 so im taking my time. :)

10 hours in WO for me. Taking my time with Velen so far. Already ran into a couple ? spots on the map where I was defeated in 1 hit (looking at you grave hag).

You can't blast through the game even if you try, there too much to do :p By the time I left Velen I had spent like 30-40 hrs or more there, got to level 18 then skipped straight to the Skellige Isles for a bit of faster levelling - at level 24 atm.Wish the Isles weren't so mountain-y.

Top Bottom