9.0 Patch Notes

+
Really? I think it's way better this way. It's a bit tricky to line up three cooldown units but when you do the payoff is huge. I just 2-0'd a Viy deck with it, that would be unheard of with old Stockpile.
Problably its me so, i still trying to lear how to use the new cards.

In fact, i am mixing the "new" NRs card with the new expansion cards, so its a mix festival hahah

Ok, this is a pretty minor thing, so please forgive my griping, but that new "whoosh" sound effect that plays every time the news item changes on the main menu screen (every 10 seconds) has already become annoying.

CDPR, please make it more subtle, and preferably mute it when the main menu screen loses focus. Currently it keeps playing whilst you are on other screens.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Also consider the changes to be really great. However, I will definitely miss my Dandelion + Vyso + Redanian Archer power charge/boost deck.
A little bit disappointed that the body of Guardian was not reduced to one. So the two new NG bronzes are too autoinclude.
They killed the Corvo+DandyBoi+Vissegerd-Combo. [Inspired Zeal]
RIP :(

Community: The new adrenaline effects are a bit flashy, we wish you make them optional so we can choose if we use it or not.

Gwent devs: Oh, what's that? You want the effect even more flashy?

Community: ... uhh, no actually

Gwent devs: AND ON SHIELDS TOO?? WELL HERE YOU GO, ENJOY EVEN MORE FLASH!!! :D

DC9V

Forum veteran
Community: The new adrenaline effects are a bit flashy, we wish you make them optional so we can choose if we use it or not.

xD
If this is referring to the Shieldwall-discussion: It was rather emotional than realistic.
Still a good point, though. Shields are scary.

So I tried new Stockpile and it feels totally underwhelming. We now have cooldown and charge units which does not fit togetehr in a deck anymore. To use the leader efficiently I have to undo my own crew, because there are no soldiers with cooldown. Before the change I could at least give a charge to a unit like Redanien Archer, if it was not possible to find a better target.
Before the change I could give a unit a charge and use it in the next round e.g. shield sorceress and 7p auto shield soldier = 20 points in first two rounds. Instead of stacking charges, I have now the option to "undercool". That feels as good as overprofiting in SY... Pricilla as a one time order feels kinda nerfed as well. Dandelion is good to give Inspiration, but lacks tempo. And the units that you want to give Inspiration, already had it via formation before the patch. Inspired Dandelion also lets you see your top card, which is really nice. Another positive change is that Foltests Pride is now playable in either row. But you cant give it two charges at once anymore. It does the same amount of damage, but that damage is now spread to three targets.
The pieces doesn't fit together anymore, at least not for me. I guess I know, what they wanted to achieve. They wanted the old charge units to be playable without the charge giving leader that nobody wanted to play. Maybe they should have given these cards an auto charge after the cooldown to keep the charge mechanic.
I will try to adapt my playstyle and will also try the new cards without stockpile. I think this will need time. I had a solid stockpile deck before, but everything that I tied by now, feels like a meme.

So I tried new Stockpile and it feels totally underwhelming. We now have cooldown and charge units which does not fit togetehr in a deck anymore. To use the leader efficiently I have to undo my own crew, because there are no soldiers with cooldown. Before the change I could at least give a charge to a unit like Redanien Archer, if it was not possible to find a better target.
Before the change I could give a unit a charge and use it in the next round e.g. shield sorceress and 7p auto shield soldier = 20 points in first two rounds. Instead of stacking charges, I have now the option to "undercool". That feels as good as overprofiting in SY... Pricilla as a one time order feels kinda nerfed as well. Dandelion is good to give Inspiration, but lacks tempo. And the units that you want to give Inspiration, already had it via formation before the patch. Inspired Dandelion also lets you see your top card, which is really nice. Another positive change is that Foltests Pride is now playable in either row. But you cant give it two charges at once anymore. It does the same amount of damage, but that damage is now spread to three targets.
The pieces doesn't fit together anymore, at least not for me. I guess I know, what they wanted to achieve. They wanted the old charge units to be playable without the charge giving leader that nobody wanted to play. Maybe they should have given these cards an auto charge after the cooldown to keep the charge mechanic.
I will try to adapt my playstyle and will also try the new cards without stockpile. I think this will need time. I had a solid stockpile deck before, but everything that I tied by now, feels like a meme.
As i said here, i have exactly the same feeling
for me stockpile is even worse.

I like the NR changes, but i can use it with other leaders
I tried to do a deck with those orders, cooldowns and new cards and that was a mess.

I mean, the deck was "ok", in the first match i win, but i doenst need to use my leader ability (yes, the deck was really good).

So i changed it to shield wall and the deck is better.

But, as i said in the other post, problably its me, i didnt played to much with NR to know how exactly the cards word. Untill now i am playing more with MO and She Who Knows

Currently it keeps playing whilst you are on other screens.
Yeah, I noticed that earlier as well (I was idling the game to just listen to the awesome music :p ) and I really wish it didn't do that.

I also agree with what others have commented about the new Adrenaline indicator; I had gotten used to the previous one and it didn't annoy me anymore, but this new one is too much. :(

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!? This is easily one of the worst changes in the history of ccgs. What is wrong with you?!
To be honest I don't mind that change that much(as long as it stays active as the last played mode and doesn't always switch back to A.I), this way some of the players which usually brought Top Tier Decks into Casual mode might reconsider (one can still hope) if it's obviously marked as training mode instead of ranked progression off.

Does the new MO sub-tree under Price of Power also contain a new skin? If so, for who?

I went to the ST side with my RP and was happy to see the new Francesca skin.

Ok, this is a pretty minor thing, so please forgive my griping, but that new "whoosh" sound effect that plays every time the news item changes on the main menu screen (every 10 seconds) has already become annoying.

CDPR, please make it more subtle, and preferably mute it when the main menu screen loses focus. Currently it keeps playing whilst you are on other screens.

Oh yeah. Please. Pretty please.

That took all of about 60 seconds to become the most annoying noise in the game...

Cultist tags still have absolutely no relevance, so Idk what's the point of adding these tags to stuff. Should have instead used these few seconds of work to buff some useless cards like Sirssa, Braenn, Ice Giant, Ifrit or any other useless card out of the plethora of useless cards.
just take a guess what the next SK badge of cards is going to look like

To be honest I don't mind that change that much(as long as it stays active as the last played mode and doesn't always switch back to A.I),

Well they got it half right...

Be prepared to occasionally find yourself forfeiting matches when you realize you're playing the AI... :(

I also agree with what others have commented about the new Adrenaline indicator; I had gotten used to the previous one and it didn't annoy me anymore, but this new one is too much. :(
Yes, it was annoying before, now the card's on the verge of exploding to let the player know adrenaline is active. An option to turn this off, please.

Good news: the Adrenaline thing is not intentional but a shader bug:
1623234358907.png

Really? I think it's way better this way. It's a bit tricky to line up three cooldown units but when you do the payoff is huge. I just 2-0'd a Viy deck with it, that would be unheard of with old Stockpile.
Stockpile should have gotten the Invigorate treatment. It should have allowed you to choose 3 units, rather than 3 adjacent units. NG will disable the value of Stockpile so I can see other NR users being used with Cooldown units. You can still decrease cooldown with other cards such as Winch, Priscilla or Siege Support after all. So playing other leaders like Uprising, Shieldwall would be more effective. Just my own take.

Top Bottom