9.0 Patch Notes

+
Also why was Anna Henrietta row locked, that does nothing if her ability isn't changed to an order.
I guess it's meant as a buff and not as a Nerf, because now the NG player isn't forced to override his Leader Skill if she gets randomly played by Joachim or Cantarella.

Apart from that it also at least limits the "endless" Anna Double Cross interaction in NG Mirrors.

Guest 4375874

in fact its not wrong the interaction, but its uselless.

Wererat consume the unit after the turns over, and sucubus and ruehin respwan when the turns over.

So if they consumed by wererat, they will spawn in 2 turns.

In fact, thats its correct, but i think he whants to wererat first consume and than ruehin and succubes respawns
Post automatically merged:

Also, speaking in cosume, i didnt like the change in kayran.

I mean, they already killed OH with one less charge and now they kill kayran. Who will possible let 3 deathwish unist alive to be consumed by kayran? If they are gold they will be locked, baned and bla bla bla.

I know OH has the Vyi problem, but devs should rework viy (as i always say, viy must be a good card, since its the epic card bringed by WOW expansion, but need reworks;), and dont nerf even more the OH and deathwish/consume units
ok I initially read that as Werecat not Wererat...my bad :LOL: I mean I think wererat is ok but I agree with you on Kayran. I didn't love that change either or understand why it was necessary. Kayran isn't even played anymore because Viy has ruined deathwish. I guess maybe they think this will help? I don't see how when it's forcing you to go tall immediately and worse, telegraph all your deathwish units first. Doesn't make sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok I initially read that as Werecat not Wererat...my bad :LOL: I mean I think wererat is ok but I agree with you on Kayran. I didn't love that change either or understand why it was necessary. Kayran isn't even played anymore because Viy has ruined deathwish. I guess maybe they think this will help? I don't see how when it's forcing you to go tall immediately so you'd need to telegraph all your deathwish units first. Doesn't make sense.
Exactly, there is no sense in Kayran rework.

Lets say, i will put miruna, manticora and another gold deathwish. My opponent will play knowing i will use kayran,

Neither with dethlaff i can use it, since its only consume one time.

Ok, the imunity target its indeed welcome, but only that

My predictions on the "new" meta:

1. I'm not sure about leaders, but factions will rate as follows:
A. Both MO and SY will stay on top in highest level play. I'm not sure which will prove most broken: SY with infinite coins or MO with infinite carryover/threats.
B. Both ST and NR will perform well and could possibly join MO and SY at the top.
C. SK and NG will continue to be at best marginal for top level play -- and both will be even less competitive than at present.

2. Play will deteriorate in the following ways:
A. Multiple tall punish/instant removal will be required for meta level decks. Heatwave will become even more mandatory.
B. With still widening gaps between high and low provision cards, success will be more draw dependent than ever.
C. With still more "answer or lose" cards, play will become more binary than ever.
D. Without expansion kegs until late in the year, newer/ftp players will struggle to be competitive.

3. Play will improve in the following ways:
A. More variety of playable decks/leaders within the top 4 factions.
B. More significant, meaningful variants of best performing decks will be possible.
C. A greater variety of cards will see play.

4. The most imbalanced "new" cards (in order)
A. She who knows
B. Dandelion
C. Megascope

Hey there!

As a early open beta player I really like the fact that by buffing weather cards, you try to go back to the roots. Exactly weather mechanic was one of those thing that was making the game unique. Back then I didin't like the fact that you completely got rid off it because most casuals was finding it oppresive. I think that more buffs are needed in order wather to be viable, but these are some first steps towards it after all.

Keep going with the good job!

I've never played Syndicate (expect one time in draft) but ever since that "Did you know?" about Jackpot some weeks ago I've really wanted to use that ability. But it's not been good. With 9.0, however, I think I might try it.
Especially since it "simplifies" SY by removing overprofiting from units' abilities. :coolstory:

Your argument would make sense of Waylay unconditionally creates Deadeye (even then it is a useless 3 damage and 6 point play when we are in 4P cards creating 10 points)
Assume the Vanadain gets locked/removed
I get your point but our difference on opinion is where we focus. You just focus on the card itself the way I see it. While I try to see the card inside a whole deck. So in my view Valadain will create 2 special cards that can create carry over. Even if its locked or removed I see this card on an engine deck which means another engine will stick. Anyway I believe the card is in line with other 8p cards and I think it can work. Can it backfire? Of course. Can it brick your hand? Of course. But just like any other hand that messes with your starting deck.

Guest 4375874

My predictions on the "new" meta:

1. I'm not sure about leaders, but factions will rate as follows:
A. Both MO and SY will stay on top in highest level play. I'm not sure which will prove most broken: SY with infinite coins or MO with infinite carryover/threats.
B. Both ST and NR will perform well and could possibly join MO and SY at the top.
C. SK and NG will continue to be at best marginal for top level play -- and both will be even less competitive than at present.
This is my fear, this perception that MO is currently on top. All stemming from 1 card that relies on neutral cards more than actual MO cards but is somehow defining the faction. It's like ethereal all over again. For everyone's sake, including MO, I hope Viy gets killed....with fire -_- since the devs are lacking the foresight to do it themselves.

Lets say, i will put miruna, manticora and another gold deathwish. My opponent will play knowing i will use kayran,

Kayran was pretty well balanced honestly. I think immunity (with it's old ability) would have been too OP. Although, the recent power creep has made other cards just as OP with immunity...looking at cards like NR's Erland

Last edited by a moderator:
So, no one is going to talk about the elephant in the room? Which is how pathetic the epic ST card is? Vanadain is an absolute trash without a rework on Waylay. Why would you want to add two potentially 3 point play in your hand replacing any cards?
When i saw the Card I hoped that the move Skill would have at least some synergies like returning Elven Wardancer to it's former Skill ( Whenever you Move this unit from Hand to Deck, summon it automatically to a random row.) compared to the current "buff" they could have also given Farseer a similar treatment like Move a Card to the bottom of you're Deck, if it was a Special boost self by 2 (in that case you could at least get rid of Waylay again) .

Otherwise it only looks useful against Clog to get rid of the Crap they did put in you're Deck:giveup:

Last edited:
But I guess since they're now making 4 prov cards play for 10 points
Yep. And at this point, the new NG thinning bronzes no longer look that wow.

Also why was Anna Henrietta row locked, that does nothing if her ability isn't changed to an order.
Bro, what's wrong with your hate for Anna? She is bad.
As for the row locking, this is for Joachim who loves to draw golds in r1.

most broken: SY with infinite coins
I don't like how they make SY into a 12iq faction.

A fine rework for NR and weather support in the same patch? I'm elated! Also, not having to see Yrden everytime I want to play a game really takes the cake! Cheers!

I fairly recently transmuted Usurper to be able to complete my desired profile. Tomorrow it's gonna pay off a second time. :D

you guys get kayran wrong, kayran is going to be insanely disgusting in kelltulis

Why the Larva nerf??? Sure the numbers on it are nutty for a 5p card, but it's a build-around card! It forces you to play lots of units instead of a mix of units and specials! Come on, that's really lame.
I wouldn't call it a nerf, they adjusted it to be a little better in certain instances. Now both do not die instantly to one charge of Reckless Flurry. Also they are much better in a short round. Yeah the provision being 6 is a nerf, but with you instantly getting 4 power on the board. Just think of it as you get a normal larva with a Thrive already triggered.

If also makes it 2p more extensive than Nekker, which means you have an option for a cheaper smaller version if you want it

Guest 4375874

you guys get kayran wrong, kayran is going to be insanely disgusting in kelltulis
I constantly hear that about Kelly, yet Carapace does not perform well when stats are released. It's very situational and I can't imagine a lot of people having difficulty beating it.

To use Kelly with Kayran would cripple the deck imo. Kayran is better served in a deathwish deck...well it used to be. Now it might find a place with relicts/Sabbath but not Kelly.

Decoupling logic and visuals is a SUPER welcome change, and so is the Play card being customizable. :beer:
its a buff to orders/mobi decks on battel rush man...

Hilariously enough the NR changes are (even) more interesting than the carddrop.
tbh i got more hyped about nr changes than the new cards lmao and i'm not even a NR player, nr is my least played faction

Gwent oneiromancy heatwave witcher cardgame.
No changes.
Cooldown: 1 game.

Seriously, Eist and Professor now weaker?????? Really???
Is this a bad joke or what?
man u need to understand that oneiro is the best consistency tool, korathi is the best flexible punish card, they dont need nerfs they just are good cards bro, eist deserved for sure, professor i didnt liked the change if they wanted to nerf something in professor iwould have nerfed the body

So, no one is going to talk about the elephant in the room? Which is how pathetic the epic ST card is? Vanadain is an absolute trash without a rework on Waylay. Why would you want to add two potentially 3 point play in your hand replacing any cards? If Vanadain is locked or removed the two Waylay can very well play for just 6 points in total. Even if Vanadain survives, the Waylay are going to play for guaranteed 6 and conditionally 9. So, in worst and most probably case, you play for 6+3+3 in three turns and in best case 6+9+9; and even the best case is just not worth the risk. it is a super high risk for a minimal reward.

But at least Vanadain will have company from the Cat Witcher Saboteur and stay in the ditch/pit.
i thikn that card is just a support to radeyah elves tbh, like you usually can get stuck with a lot of shit cards that way at least you get 3 damage and a deadeye (potentially another( so you improve your offensive verno, but thats it, the only deck that card can fit

for the first time i have to agree with your blaming about SC new cards.

That new card doesnt make sense at all.

for the first time i have to agree with your blaming about SC new cards.

That new card doesnt make sense at all.

I

Really, devotion? In oneiro heatwave meta? the only devotion decks are SK warrior and pirate cove.

I tryed to make a devotion deck with king belohun "buffs" and that card its just a crap.

With the Kaedweni Sergeant buff (formation) he almost get the same value as kerack marine in devotion.

For the dandelion combo, ok, i can agree with you, but still its going to be some dificult to proceed that combo
? we have gift devotion, cove devotion, warrior devotion, ball devotion, we have a lot of devotion decks because ball nerf and ppl are using less heatwaves because it was the only counter to scenario, decks that thin well and have good control on IN the faction cards usually go devotion gift dont have control but gets a kinda huge payoff and its basically like thrive you dont want control you want make your engines T H I C C

He can generate charges on his own without any limit. Every other charge engine needs some other card to get more charges.
I think Archer should have cooldown 1, plus maybe some buff to compensate.
my god serious? that card is just a 4 power and if you do 2 damage its just a 2 body... my god man what u play? viy?

CDPR can you PLEASE finally fix wererat succubus/ruehin interaction?
this isnt a thing they can fix, tho its DEEP in the code and how the game works i think if they did something to it the game will just dont work

t
lol not sure that's a buff and not a nerf, thrive units don't benefit from high starting power. You'll get to max points faster but I guess the extra points can be considered make up for that so not much of a change. I don't mind it either way
his is actually a buff to koschey in short rounds who you can really make them grow too much long rounds maybe stills the same tho

No Nerfs to artifact eldain a no unit deck??!!!?!?!?!?! why?
because traps are bad, simple as that, its just annoying to face sometimes but stills bad

This is my fear, this perception that MO is currently on top. All stemming from 1 card that relies on neutral cards more than actual MO cards but is somehow defining the faction. It's like ethereal all over again. For everyone's sake, including MO, I hope Viy gets killed....with fire -_- since the devs are lacking the foresight to do it themselves.

Kayran was pretty well balanced honestly. I think immunity (with it's old ability) would have been too OP. Although, the recent power creep has made other cards just as OP with immunity...looking at cards like NR's Erland
honestly MO decks just CANT play mo cards, look at kelly, viy, arachas, this is because FOR SOME REASON devs dont want to give removal for MO like nat. selection is kinda bad it can work on aq but even then ppl dont play it because it will give less chance to triss ( who for some Fking reason is RNG to play it instead of talisman) they odnt have any 5 removal card, the only card that is a damage card is strigga IF you meet fking DOMINANCE, how you are suposed to play that card? kelly decks dont want it, viy decks dont want it, AQ also dont want it, no deck wants that because no decks is focused on being a damage deck, even kelly isnt who is more somewhat a mix in engine overload and control

well... if kayran had immune he should be like erland (in provs too), true, sticks with the old ability receive immune on adrenaline 3 or something like that

Yep. And at this point, the new NG thinning bronzes no longer look that wow.

Bro, what's wrong with your hate for Anna? She is bad.
As for the row locking, this is for Joachim who loves to draw golds in r1.

I don't like how they make SY into a 12iq faction.
its fine for new players i think or even players who wants just jam cards, same goes for koschey buff, but man if those decks become high meta then it will be kinda annoying....

lol, what u'r supposed to consume on it? ciri after it procs? beast if it reachs the max value? squirell? the rest are all engine you dont want to consume, not to mention that you are FORCED to consume 3 units if you have 3 units ono board, so sometimes you would've been forced to conosume kelly, defender, nithral, hound who grow every turn, phantom, beast that didnt reach max value, ciri that didnt proc

if its a joke thats on me, i fell on it lmao

Last edited:
Top Bottom