9.1 Patch Notes

+
Played a match against a deck with Sunset Wanderers... I'm not sure if this is a glitch or intended, but you can see it move from position to position in your opponent's hand. So you:

a) know it's in their hand, and
b) know exactly when it will drop.

That's one way to balance the card, having it be impossible to hide its presence from the opponent. :D

I see they're trying not one, not two, but several new things with this card. Maybe it's an experiment of some kind, to see if these mechanics could be used in future cards as well.
(Although a card always starting in your hand is a thing in Thronebreaker, so that part is technically not brand new.)

That's one way to balance the card, having it be impossible to hide its presence from the opponent. :D

I see they're trying not one, not two, but several new things with this card. Maybe it's an experiment of some kind, to see if these mechanics could be used in future cards as well.
(Although a card always starting in your hand is a thing in Thronebreaker, so that part is technically not brand new.)
I just remember cards that start on the board in R1 (like the arbalists)..

I just remember cards that start on the board in R1 (like the arbalists)..
I just finished my first playthrough last week, and all your trinkets start in your hand (unless you mulligan them away). It took me ages to realise I wasn't just insanely lucky with draws in R1 :)

Well, i think maybe devs will start to create some cards that can banish/discard cards from opponents hand, something like Kambi.

Could be something like - discard a card and than choose a card from opponent hand to discard (without see the cards, you will choose in the drawback).

Of course Sunset the player will know the card and can discard it.

Problably will have some other mechanics to know the cards of your opponent (or something based in the provision cost - you dont know the card, but you know the provision cost).

And, of course, Double Cross will shine (but we know you cant see the exact position of the card, only knows the card, so it wont help so much)

Might skip this next season because we know that even though a whole host of different cards were buffed, lots of people are still going to farm wins with jackpot in Gwent: The Syndicate Card Game.
Which is a shame because I love the game at its core.
True, however, Keltullis and Soldiers beat it as 1-2-3.

Actually, until they fix the bug that counts every card played as an artifact (or a special), those are now my preferred daily quests. Quickest RP you can earn at the moment...
I also noticed this one. Was heaps surprised when I somehow completed "play 40 artefacts" with non-artefact deck :D :D :D

And, of course, Double Cross will shine (but we know you cant see the exact position of the card, only knows the card, so it wont help so much)
Actually, it'd be a terrible waste using Double Cross on Sunset Wanderers, considering the player has to both create the card from the opponent's hand (so it has 1 power) and play it (denying the summon and draw a card benefit).

Actually, it'd be a terrible waste using Double Cross on Sunset Wanderers, considering the player has to both create the card from the opponent's hand (so it has 1 power) and play it (denying the summon and draw a card benefit).
WHAT?

I said double Cross will shine If we have ways to manipulate and discar opponents hand.

There is nothing about sunset in that

Manipulating an opponent’s hand, except in very limited and subtle ways is very dangerous territory — likely to be viewed as toxic and likely almost impossible to balance.

WHAT?

I said double Cross will shine If we have ways to manipulate and discar opponents hand.

There is nothing about sunset in that
Easy, dude, you weren't clear in your post regarding Double Cross and the reason for it to shine, that's all.

Easy, dude, you weren't clear in your post regarding Double Cross and the reason for it to shine, that's all.
Well, i know english its not my native language, but I read my post like 5 times and i dont know where i wasnt clear about manipulate and discard cards from opponents deck.

I start my post with this.

"Well, i think maybe devs will start to create some cards that can banish/discard cards from opponents hand, something like Kambi."

And in that part of the post you QUOTE i said.:

"And, of course, Double Cross WILLL shine (but we know you cant see the exact position of the card, only knows the card, so it wont help so much)"

As far as i know, will remains The idea of an incert future.

With all The respect, but I have a lot of dificult to try to be clear in my posts and in a different way you kind offend me saying i wasnt cleared

Guest 4375874

Manipulating an opponent’s hand, except in very limited and subtle ways is very dangerous territory — likely to be viewed as toxic and likely almost impossible to balance.
not anymore dangerous than manipulating their entire deck and NG already does this. It becomes toxic when there's no interaction or counter to it and it's restricted to one faction.

Played a match against a deck with Sunset Wanderers... I'm not sure if this is a glitch or intended, but you can see it move from position to position in your opponent's hand. So you:

a) know it's in their hand, and
b) know exactly when it will drop.
This card is already too strong, if we couldn't see it move in the hand it would just be stupid.
Also it feels more realistic this way, like imagine you're actually playing a card game, you would see the opponent moving the card in his hand, it can't just magically move. :]

Top Bottom