95% Player used Monster Desk.

+
95% Player used Monster Desk.

After patch 0.8.16 update few days, I play game usual until today.

What the heck is going on? I play around 50 match and 9 of 10 every match they used Monster Desk. I face Monster desk again and again. How distasteful and boring about that! I hate to tell you that I don't want to play the way like that.

I though reason why the use all most Monster desk because all other faction is too weak. I don't play Monster desk but Skellige. I can win Monster Desk if I get luck in draw and play carefully. But it doesn't master. Thing is, I felt very stressful and unenjoyable when I face with a same desk overtime.

For me, I think that Monster desk is unbalanced for now. I hope someone in Gwent development can notice this topic and think about it. I'm off now. So tired.

Last edited:
Don't think monsters are the problem anymore. The other factions simply need more weather counters. But as far as I know those are coming.

I didn't have that many matches against monsters, but yeah it's the most popular faction.

devivre;n7007880 said:
Don't think monsters are the problem anymore. The other factions simply need more weather counters. But as far as I know those are coming.

So, why all most player choose Monster instead other faction? I really don't like Gwent be play as that. I just hope I can have a match with various faction. That will be more playful, I think. It can be acceptable if a few match have a same faction but 9 of 10 is too much for me.

I don't know. It's been like that already at the start of the beta when most people really didn't know much about the other factions and their advantages (that only changed when certain NR tactics were significantly more effective). While I think monsters are easier to play with the starter deck I don't think that's the main reason for their popularity. Myself I'm only playing Skellige and Scoia'tael.

DEERCG;n7007930 said:
So, why all most player choose Monster instead other faction?

IMHO think that's because that it's the easiest faction to play with the starter deck, you don't really need fancy cards to be able to be efficient with it.

Also from an "aesthetic" it's a faction that looks different from the other who, for a beginner, might look like just being a bunch of dudes in armor, when I started playing the game that was the reason why I chose monsters.

Monster are easy to understand and even with only rare and weather cards you have a chance against other decks and "better" cards.

I personally would really like if every faction would have a straight forward deck(easy way to play) for people that learning the game and not really grasp all possibilites they have.

DEERCG;n7007780 said:
After patch 0.8.16 update few days, I play game usual until today.

What the heck is going on? I play around 50 match and 9 of 10 every match they used Monster Desk. I face Monster desk again and again. How distasteful and boring about that! I hate to tell you that I don't want to play the way like that.

I though reason why the use all most Monster desk because all other faction is too weak. I don't play Monster desk but Skellige. I can win Monster Desk if I get luck in draw and play carefully. But it doesn't master. Thing is, I felt very stressful and unenjoyable when I face with a same desk overtime.

For me, I think that Monster desk is unbalanced for now. I hope someone in Gwent development can notice this topic and think about it. I'm off now. So tired.

Totally agree... I was thinking to make a thread like this in general discussion but thank god that I am not the one with this felling. Previously NR & now after patch Monster. I am too feeling bore not by playing against same faction, same cards & same strategies.

Don't know good or bad but I have posted suggestion for monster here... http://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...5220-suggestion-one-sided-weather-for-monster

& Thanks again for mentioning this :cheers:

devivre;n7007990 said:
I don't know. It's been like that already at the start of the beta when most people really didn't know much about the other factions and their advantages (that only changed when certain NR tactics were significantly more effective). While I think monsters are easier to play with the starter deck I don't think that's the main reason for their popularity. Myself I'm only playing Skellige and Scoia'tael.

nope I think monster needs a little nerf specially for weather as even if counter cards are coming its not possible to keep them all just to face monster deck as then deck will become weak for other factions like NR or Sco. which not using weather that much. Yes if otehr factions will get weather immune cards then may be its ok.

devivre;n7007990 said:
Myself I'm only playing Skellige and Scoia'tael.

I am too playing Skellige and Scoia'tael :cheers:

They're monsters. What's more fun than having an army full of monsters? So you want to nerf the deck just because it's popular?

Also, I've had people play around my monster deck without issue, such as Scoia'tael, who can seemingly play an endless supply of special cards thanks to Blue Mountain Commando and Elven Mercenary. They also have Hawkers and a useful passive that can help you predict incoming weather effects.

TH3WITCH3R;n7009210 said:
nope I think monster needs a little nerf specially for weather as even if counter cards are coming its not possible to keep them all just to face monster deck as then deck will become weak for other factions like NR or Sco. which not using weather that much. Yes if otehr factions will get weather immune cards then may be its ok.

Yeah, that's what I meant earlier in this thread but I don't consider that nerfing but buffing the other factions regarding weather counters. Right now weather is the only problematic thing as far as I am concerned. Then again... I'm not sure the monster deck is powerful enough without that advantage right now. We'll see.

Awesome you also play both factions :)

Nah. My statistics of yesterday and the night say:

25 matches played.

9x Monsters (36%)
8x Northern (32%)
2x Scoia (8%)
6x Skellige (24%)

I definitely did not encounter 95% Monster opponents. :(

I wouldn't mind meeting more monsters than all those frigging Foltests though.

(I play Scoia 99.5% of the time, did 2 rounds of Henselt, 5ish Skellige.)

Funny: i play with a monster deck all the time and my win rate went down after the upgrade. Monster passive was nerfed after the upgrade, Sarah was nerfed, D Bomb is ineffective againts the "increase base strength" exploit, and yes, monster lack a " increase base strength" . And i am facing a bit more monster decks, because there fewer NR trebuchets now. Skellige lost the rezz train, but the "rezz the strong guy" exploit is nearly unbeatable now, except saving 800 scraps for a caretaker. Nothing in both breeder and weather monster decks can counter D bomb, so yes, monster faced a serious nerf in this update, comparable to NR nerf.

TH3WITCH3R;n7009210 said:

The best counter to the monster Deck is the Dbomb its hilarious when they think they've won the round cause they've covered it in weather effects then you throw down that Dbomb!

Funnily enough, I haven't met that many monsters since the patch. Heck, I actually have a great winrate against them (then again, I'm running a Control Scoia'tael deck that's really good against them, even without clear weather) I generally see more NR and Skellige decks, but it could also be that I'm lvl 71 and Monsters being more popular at lower levels.

This will probably change when they'll introduce cards that grant weather immunity. Or when Nilfgaard arrives and everyone starts trying that faction.

I did not payed much attention but i'm pretty sure i encounter fair amount of everything except Scoiatael (those are less than others).

No Title

Hey all, here is why most of the players use the Monster Deck. :)
First steps of the 3. round: my Opponent had 42 point, because he/she had a 36-point monster, and a 6-point monster. The random monster card was the 6-point monster, but then the 36-point monster "came back" on the deck too, I think because of an other card in the 2. round (?). So it became his/her base point. I had 2 cards and my Leader Card, my opponent had 3 cards.
I think it's hard a little bit, and not too motivating.

Attachments

• photo80390.jpg
    photo80390.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 70
If you thought that was bad, look at the guy i was fighting against with his monster deck...

Attachments

• pay-to-win-omg.jpg?resize=768%2C706.jpeg
    pay-to-win-omg.jpg?resize=768%2C706.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 50
@Gersen, @Dacatur: So, I think that your mention why it is popular. Probably, Gwent team should make other deck easy to understand and more interesting.

@
devivre: I'm playing a Skellige deck also. I don't face situation like this before Gwent update patch. I rarely play against with Monster deck before.

@
TH3WITCH3R: Thank you, I gladly when have someone feeling same as me.

@
Lytha: Even that, Monster deck is much more than other when you're higher level.

@
geok1ng: I'm sorry for my meaning not clearly. I don't consider nerf Monster deck. That is unbalanced in faction to used. I guess because other faction seem not interesting or too week for who using Monster deck.

@
schidzo: Perhaps, I'm just in level 10.

@
Vaishar I hope so, and won't wish to play against with Nilfgaard all time same as Monster now.

@NahomVane, @Lightcaster88: We can win Monster deck if get luck in draw and play carefully. Problem is, everyone chose Monster deck instead other faction.

Thanks for all you who read and reply this topic.

Last edited:
DEERCG;n7014580 said:
@Lytha: Even that, Monster deck is much more than other when you're higher level.

@schidzo: Perhaps, I'm just in level 10.
I'm lvl 52 now. ;)

It's evenly split between Monsters and Northeners, really. Has been like that for days now. With some Skelligers. And really rarely Scoias.

If you want, I can pull out the numbers of the last 300 matches I've done and do the faction %s. But it will be similar to what I just said. Monsters are by far nowhere near 95% of all opponents. :)

Last edited:
Lytha;n7016550 said:
Monsters are by far nowhere near 95% of all opponents. :)

Today everything is fine. No more with Monster Deck. I guess it's because searching match have a problem. CD Projekt Red reply my feedback. So seem they fixed it.

Top Bottom