960 runs it on High @ 1080p and Titan X on Ultra @ 4K

+
Do anyone know when will docm77 post another video ? And can we see fps off footages ? Bay the way FANTASTIC MARKETING Cd projekt red :)

Why are so many people willing to turn off AA in order to get better performance? Wouldn't it make the game look awful? I'd rather decrease shadows quality or less noticeable stuff like that.

In a good monitor or TV the 1080p resolution can compensate a lot for not using AA. The benefit in perfomance is huge.

Why are so many people willing to turn off AA in order to get better performance? Wouldn't it make the game look awful? I'd rather decrease shadows quality or less noticeable stuff like that.

I would say its very subjective and it comes down to personal preferences. AA is the first thing I turn off when I have performance problems.

I allways turn off AA in heavy GPU resources demanding games. Maybe it's just me but I see little to no difference with AA turned off, unlike with shadows - where the difference looks massive (atleas to ME).

---------- Updated at 10:33 AM ----------

So the 970 will do Ultra at 1080p Right?
You will know in 5 / 6 days.

I allways turn off AA in heavy GPU resources demanding games. Maybe it's just me but I see little to no difference with AA turned off, unlike with shadows - where the difference looks massive (atleas to ME).

---------- Updated at 10:33 AM ----------

You will know in 5 / 6 days.

I found in the comments that he said that any card above the 960 could do Ultra at 1080p, so, nice!

OK thank you for your answers, I'll give it a shot then. I guess I'm too old, on ancient screens no AA was really noticeable and lighting and shadows were always crap anyway in those times. I guess I've kept those old habits since :dizzy:

Yes, Judging the Performance of both and that, The 970 could do that W/O Hairworks on 45 Fps I hope

My msi 970 gaming runs at 1520mhz (self OC) and its Vram at 4GHz

In most games a decent OCed 970 only performs slightly worse than a stock 980 at ressolutions equal or lower than 1440p (more than that and the 3,5 / ,5 GB vram becomes an issue)

I can only speak for MSI GTX 970 owners: do yourself a favor, OC your card, its easy, no risk as long as you don't OC it over 1380-1400mhz ( + 110/130mhz in Afterburner), set your TDP to 110 and mem clock to +250mhz

Just google for a guide.

Enjoy the 10% performance gain :)

Last edited:
They said, they had "everything on Ultra" in the IGN Stream yesterday as well, even though they clearly had a lot of stuff turned down or off, so it still remains to be seen, how well it really runs.

It massively depends on what AA we are talking about here. Since you an only turn it on or off it is probably only FXAA which doesn't look great, but also doesn't cost much performance. If it would be the common MSAA you normally should get steps (2x,4x,8x) to adjust it.

Last edited:
i had a 760 2gb and could only run gta5 at really high with out reflections and slightly less population density at 55fps @ 1920x1080. i got a 960 4GB and well.. everything is set as high as it will go except for water reflections, that destroyed my fps everytime it rained. (20-30fps drops with it turned on while its raining).

So i will believe the witcher 3 will run just as great but i will more or less not hold my breath untill the game is released on steam/gog (i have it on both ;) )

i expect the game to be on the same optimization level of GTA V for the PC, if not better. i saw before on a website that even a low end GPU like the GT 740, and a mobile one no less, to be able to run the game at medium just fine. http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-740M.89900.0.html

TW3 is supposed to be much more demanding than GTA V, alas.

I really doubt my GTX 880M will be able to run the game on high and keep decent FPS, but I don't want to go down to medium :sad: Thankfully I do not need 60 fps so that may leave me a slight hope. Actually I don't even ever check my FPS ingame, if it feels fluid enough to me then it's fluid enough, and it probably depends a lot on the kind of game :look:

Top Bottom