99% CPU usage, only 8% GPU. Help?

+
After a long day of messing about after my game only running at 45 FPS on the lowest settings, I managed to get 60+ on ultra. I thought that would be the end of things, and then I could get on with my play through. My game then crashes. I then re-open the game several times, each time, crashing after 5-10 minutes of gameplay. I then opened task manager, only to find that it was consuming 95-99 percent of my CPU, and only 8-10 percent of my GPU. Would this be the problem of my crashes? If so, how do I fix?

Thank you.

Specs: GTX 1080 Intel core i7 8700k 16GB of RAM.

Wait....

At first your game ran at only a maximum of 45FPS on the lowest graphical settings... And you got it to +60FPS on the highest graphical settings, ULTRA???

You fried your CPU/GPU mate :D

In all seriousness, there is probably a graphical setting that's misconfigured.... Tune it down a bit :)

Wait....

At first your game ran at only a maximum of 45FPS on the lowest graphical settings... And you got it to +60FPS on the highest graphical settings, ULTRA???

You fried your CPU/GPU mate :D

In all seriousness, there is probably a graphical setting that's misconfigured.... Tune it down a bit :)

Ahaha, thanks for the help mate. But for real, the optimized settings from geforce experiance put me at ultra, I then tried even going to medium, and then the lowest of the low graphically wise, but the low GPU and high CPU usage stayed the same. it was all working well up until now...

Check your task manager if some weird application causes too much CPU usage. For me it was a soundmodules something... I killed it and everything was fine. Also check on your task manager if a second instance of Cyberpunk is running. This was some weird bug i had sometimes, espeically if i exited the game and reopened it later.

Uninstall drivers with DDU then reinstall without Geforce Experience. I've had a lot of issues with Geforce Experience in the past eating performance. Better to adjust settings manually in-game.

Uninstall drivers with DDU then reinstall without Geforce Experience. I've had a lot of issues with Geforce Experience in the past eating performance. Better to adjust settings manually in-game.

This and disable your playing platform Overlays. Those will cause problems with performance and cause/increase crashes.

Check your task manager if some weird application causes too much CPU usage.

Having Google Chrome open can certainly do this. Its happened far too constantly with how many instances Chrome runs in the Task Manager as well as its Reporting Function running as a separate service which uses 100% of CPU as well as causing it to run significantly hotter in the process.

Lastly, I have an EVGA 1060 I got from a friend, tried to use it as an upgrade (big mistake) to my EVGA 980Ti, it actually performs worse than the 980Ti but a significantly noticeable margin. The automatic settings will say the 1060 can be set to higher settings than the 980Ti but its simply not true lol. Anyways, hope you are able to figure it out.

Delete your usersettings json file then start the game everything will be back to default.

Mine was in C users app data local cdprojectred cyberpunk 2077

When you restart a new file will be created using the defaults

Top Bottom