9GB patch downloading PC

+
Hey, at least it works for you.

Just fired GoG and it keeps failing. In their defense there are probably hundred of thousands of people trying to download it right now.

wat

Why is it 1.7GB on Steam but 9GB on GOG? How does that make sense? Just another way to punish GOG customers/retail copy buyers?

Language, maybe? If i choice on Steam my native language to play the game (sound) i ll get more or less this size. But in GOG i dont know.

I don’t see how that could be the explanation. First of all, GOG downloads games based on your client language if I remember correctly. Secondly, what in this patch would contain language-related changes that would more than quadruple the size? Nothing in the changelog indicates anything of the sort.

I don’t see how that could be the explanation. First of all, GOG downloads games based on your client language if I remember correctly. Secondly, what in this patch would contain language-related changes that would more than quadruple the size? Nothing in the changelog indicates anything of the sort.

Good point, but i really dont know.

can confirm 1.7GB on steam, possibly compression? It definitely shows 1.5 now and killed debug menu, but the quest that was preventing my 100%(Getting warmer) is still bugged so hoping steam got the full patch.

Can confirm GOG and its 9GB. Actually this isn't that uncommon, I've had some games download patches the side of the game. so like 50GB+ when on steam that same patch was a few MB. I wonder if its a GOG bug or something.

My guess, Steam has better compresion methods ? And GOG is DRM free, maby thats the reason ?

After downloading the patch, I suffer performance decrease on a high end pc (3090, after restarting the game I had to turn dlss from performance to ultra performance to remain over 60fps)... anyone else?
Maybe a graphical feature which didnt work previously and is now taxing the system?

wat

Why is it 1.7GB on Steam but 9GB on GOG? How does that make sense? Just another way to punish GOG customers/retail copy buyers?

Yeah, im 100% sure that's the only reason. Come on man, don't be silly. You can be mad about current state of the game but please give up such wild theories.

When you update a game you mostly overwrite current game files, maybe in case of GOG copy they needed to overwrite bigger chunk of data to achive same result as for Steam version, and that's only one of possibilities. That's a complex process, devs are in a rush so they were looking for optimal resulution with time they've got, im pretty sure they were working on this whole day after releasing it for consoles (over 15gb patch). Last thing in their mind is to make it big on purpose just to annoy us.

Eh, you never know ... not anymore at least.

Maybe a graphical feature which didnt work previously and is now taxing the system?
Well, they removed the allegedly useless .csv file because we all just had a group hallucination that changing its values did anything :)

Maybe it’s related to that. Just hardcoding it in so we cannot fiddle with it, forcing you to be stuck with the values they chose, haha. Wouldn’t put it past them at this point, honestly.

Top Bottom