A cards with Devotion

+
The question you need to answer for yourself first is the following: what would make you play Devotion cards instead of neutral cards like Oneiromancy, Heatwave, etc? In general, you'd make a switch if the Devotion alternatives are the same in power or more or less in their effect (deck thinning, reliability, and so on). Or they should be blatantly powerful to compensate.
The issue is, as soon as these new/improved Devotion cards would be added, the end result would be more or less the same as you experience today with non-devo decks.

Players always tend towards more power and easier/reliable gameplay - colors or names of the tags/cards are secondary.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
The question you need to answer for yourself first is the following: what would make you play Devotion cards instead of neutral cards like Oneiromancy, Heatwave, etc? In general, you'd make a switch if the Devotion alternatives are the same in power or more or less in their effect (deck thinning, reliability, and so on). Or they should be blatantly powerful to compensate.
The issue is, as soon as these new/improved Devotion cards would be added, the end result would be more or less the same as you experience today with non-devo decks.

Players always tend towards more power and easier/reliable gameplay - colors or names of the tags/cards are secondary.
This will add new combos, more variety in card usage, now we see the same neutral cards in most decks, and most Devotion cards are ignored.
And new Devotion no need to be the same effect' s as neutral cards, Devotion should give more bonuses for faction, Vampires, Elves, etc.

Devotion can also be an awesome tool to balance strong/dominating bronzes.

Already added some ideas for 3 bronzes regarding Devotion nerf: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...ancient-foglet-messenger-of-the-sea.11097727/

Further ideas:
Witch Apprentice
Sabbath: At the end of your turn, boost self by 1.
Devotion: Boost self by 2 instead.

Aretuza Adept
The first time a unit´s Patience is triggered in a turn, boost self by 1.
Devotion: Instead whenever an allied unit's Patience is triggered, boost self by 1.

Last edited:
I think a good way to go about it would be to make Devotion cards a lot more powerful within in-faction combos, and the neutral cards powerful as one-offs. The problem right now is, neutral cards are powerful both ways: as one offs, such as heatwave, oneiro, various geralts, etc. AND as combos, such as Alzur, Idarran, Madoc, while devotion cards focus on restrictions in deck building instead of providing advantages.

Hoping for a nice devotion buff next patch.

Adding devotion to certain cards to make devotion good or to balance certain overpowered cards not killing them.
Combined with reviving some archetypes like insanity or harmony?
Making playing the Aeron/GN-pack less attractive to play?
Maybe defender should only be a neutral card?

A card with Devotion should receive significant bonuses.
-More synergy combos with factions.

That would be a some counterweight to overpowered neutral cards, if not to use them in deck.
Agree, dévotion's deck are not scaring me when i play i know they havent a ban card of something
A card with Devotion should receive significant bonuses.
-More synergy combos with factions.

That would be a some counterweight to overpowered neutral cards, if not to use them in deck.
Agree the only two dévotion deck i see now is sk warriors and sometimes torque, sometimes also wild hunt but it sooo rare
I think dévotion condition should increase leaders ability or provision

What is Devotion?

NG opponent plays Yennefer and takes my Monster faction AEN ELLE CONQUEROR and places AEN on top of the NG deck.
Next round, NG opponent plays AEN ELLE CONQUEROR and it does not get destroyed because apparently it is Devotion.

Please define what is Devotion, clearly.

Devotion is a starting deck with no neutral cards. Your opponent had only NG cards in the initial deck.
It should be called NoNeutral then. You are only devoted or dedicated to NOT have Neutral. Instead of being devoted to a single faction.

I remember back when they added Devotion to the game, it was in the same expansion where they added Oneiromancy and they specifically said that this is a powerful card, however it won't be able to use in Devotion deck.
It was almost like there was a balance between Devotion and powerful neutrals and you had to give up on or the other. However, years later, we've got many new powerful neutrals, many buffs to neutral cards, Oneiromancy is auto-include, while the few Devotion cards got mostly powercrept and the keyword mostly forgotten.

What is Devotion?

NG opponent plays Yennefer and takes my Monster faction AEN ELLE CONQUEROR and places AEN on top of the NG deck.
Next round, NG opponent plays AEN ELLE CONQUEROR and it does not get destroyed because apparently it is Devotion.

Please define what is Devotion, clearly.
Dévotion mean u dont have neutral cards in ur starting deck
Post automatically merged:

Just one more devotion idea:

Sove
Devotion Gain immunity
Naah, but doom status will be enough

Top Bottom