A case of Dandelion: Vainglory

+
Recently i mentioned in another thread that a Dandelion card shouldn't be killing anything and i'd like to ask why this card is the way it is. Now i don't mind a beast counter, the ability should be in the game, but why is it on this card? Prior to HC Dandelion: Vainglory had a different effect, it boosted self by the amount of Gerald, Yen, Triss, etc in your deck so how did it go from that to destroying a beast?

Now if you really don't think about it you might say that's what the artwork suggests, it's a top down design and maybe this is what the devs were going for, we see Dandelion standing over a slain monster however that imagine isn't supposed to be taken serously, it's supposed to make us laugh at how silly it is. We know Dandelion as a character, we know the ridiculousness of that's being depicted there, we know that never happened but it first Dandelion because he's a poet, a storyteller, a liar, someone who embellishes and exaggerates. We know that's what Dandelion would want us to believe, something that Dandelion would tell others, extraordinary deeds about himself and his entourage, the story of a kill that never was.

So with that in mind a more appropriate ability would be:
"Your Deathblows always trigger"

With Dandelion on the field you can be sure that everyone hears about how your units delivered that killing blow, even though they didn't. I think this would be a more apt interpretation of this card, if not the best fit for the card.

When HC launched, tall MO was a fearsome tier 1 deck, so one more Tall removal might have been reasonable, even though even then it was not played

So with that in mind a more appropriate ability would be:
"Your Deathblows always trigger"

With Dandelion on the field you can be sure that everyone hears about how your units delivered that killing blow, even though they didn't. I think this would be a more apt interpretation of this card, if not the best fit for the card.

I like this idea.

Top Bottom