A compendium of tweaks and fixes for the PC version

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
A compendium of tweaks and fixes for the PC version

The compendium of tweaks and fixes for the PC version has been moved to the following thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
A warm welcome and worry no more - providing accessible information and easy to follow tutorials is exactly the reason I created these threads. Just check my previous ones for Thief and Dragon Age: Inquisition to see what the OP will look like in the near future! :p

Last edited:
I'd be more concerned about many thousands hitting the GOG servers at once come the 19th. A 500 MB download to get the game running is a little large with so much traffic being likely. I foresee problems......

Of course there will be server problems on launch night - there's the unlocking files and the day 1 patch to download, after all - but those should disappear come morning! ;)

We can only hope RED upgraded their servers in the interim then... :hope:

I hope so! The Witcher 2 launch was, well, farcical. It was four days later before my game finally updated with the first patch making it playable. And that was just a relatively small patch, 70 MB if I remember correctly, this time there are actual game files to be downloaded as well. Time will tell, I just feel they are leaving too much to be downloaded at launch.

If I may contribute to this thread.
Regarding importing W2 save games - per the manual (See Post # 284 [LINKS ONLY] Witcher 3 News)

Importing Saved Games
You can import a saved game from The Witcher® 2: Assassins of Kings. Doing so will incorporate the choices you made in that saved game into your The Witcher 3 experience.
To*import a saved game, click on “Import The Witcher 2 saved game” in the Main Menu under the “New Game” option.
NOTE: This option is only available if there are saves from The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings present in the saved game folder:
%SystemDrive%\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Witcher 2\gamesaves
Any The Witcher 2 saved games present in that folder can be imported into The Witcher*3: Wild Hunt. However, it is highly recommended you use the final autosave from Act 3 of The*Witcher*2, as any earlier saves will not incorporate choices made in the latter stages of the*game. Default settings will be applied to any choices not imported.
If no The Witcher 2 saved games are present, a dialogue can be triggered during the Prologue, allowing you to answer questions to simulate an import of your choices from The Witcher 2

As you can see, as long as you have a W2 save game located in the targeted location, you should be able to import it into W3.

All I ask - is it May 19th yet?
Happy hunting

Thank you so much for the input, ghostwalkr! I will update the OP accordingly with the new information, as well as a direct link to the manual! :D

If the day 1 patch is the same size as the ps4 one, its 482 megabytes if i remembered correctly.
And indeed thank you for this thread mate!

Thank you so much for the kind words, guys, I really appreciate your support! :cheers2:

My aim is to make the OP your #1 go-to source for all your Witcher 3 PC tweaking, so all you need to do is enjoy the game without scrolling through endless other threads looking for fixes! :ok:

Good stuff. Always great having essential information in one place. Though I hope that I won't have to visit this thread too many times to solve problems. Just made a huge mistake and ordered a GTX 980, arriving on Tuesday.

Anyway, thanks for your effort. Bookmarked.

Thanks a lot for the appreciation, Sapath! I do hope myself that the PC version will behave nicely, but I guess we're going to find that out pretty soon now. ;)

Nevertheless, I'm surprised you feel that way about your GTX 980 purchase. I think you made a great investment that should last you for a long time, why would you regret your purchase? ???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom