A compendium of tweaks and fixes for the PC version

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Use this registry entry so you don't have to set the priority every time you launch the game:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\witcher3.exe\PerfOptions] “CpuPriorityClass”=dword:00000003

Is that already in there or do I have to create it and if so how to again ?? Have not done this in so long that I forgot lolll!!

Is that already in there or do I have to create it and if so how to again ?? Have not done this in so long that I forgot lolll!!

Copy that text into a new text file and save it with the file extension .reg
For example witcher_priority.reg, then double click on that file and click ok to confirm you want to add to the registry.

Copy that text into a new text file and save it with the file extension .reg
For example witcher_priority.reg, then double click on that file and click ok to confirm you want to add to the registry.

Ok, do I have to copy in the Windows Registry Edition also or just from [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.....

Also does having the game install on a different drive than C changes anything or it should still work?

Thanks again!

Ok, do I have to copy in the Windows Registry Edition also or just from [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.....

Also does having the game install on a different drive than C changes anything or it should still work?

Thanks again!

1) Yes, all of it.
2) It makes no difference where the game is installed.

What helps my crashing issue:
1) installing net framework 4.5.2
2) downclocking my card ( yes this game is sensitive to overclocking)
3) reducing shadow from ultra to high. didn't see any substantial differences

for those who have an AMD GPU and are getting poor performance out of the game, especially with hairworks feature, this solution (thanks to @edo101) may do it for you:

All you need to do is make a Witcher 3.exe profile on CC and use override application tessellation settings and set tessellation level to any that works well with your card. I am at 16x right now and now not just hair is improved as it does with default Nvidia but the environment is actually better tessellated on CC

Cheers and someone give the man who figured this out a slice of Ukraine. Now if we can figure out a way to get rid of the painted grass and water and terrain

http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/36jpe9/how_to_run_hairworks_on_amd_cards_without/

Found on reddit
Removing immersion breaking message at left bottom about :
Gamepad detected.
Control scheme changed.

Go to your Witcher 3 folder location and go into this folder:"...\The Witcher 3\bin\config\base"
Open up "hidden.ini" with notepad.
Change "LockControlScheme=0" to "LockControlScheme=2"

This will get rid of the annoying message box and will always show the controls for the controller. You still can switch to your KB/M whenever you want, but it won't display the KB/M controls on the hud.

Credit goes to TiGeRpro

http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/36k02v/question_disable_the_gamepad_detected_box/

Last edited:
Omg how to instal temerians armor dlc and beards dlc? (PC here) It fucking requeres witcher installer but why? The game installed on disc why do i need instaler to instal dlc

Anyone have any insight into possible causes of this issue?

Have fully tested my GPU with no errors in any other game, have tried underclocking GPU, have changed all nvidia settings.

ricko99 said:
What helps my crashing issue:
1) installing net framework 4.5.2
2) downclocking my card ( yes this game is sensitive to overclocking)
3) reducing shadow from ultra to high. didn't see any substantial differences

i have geforce 780 ti gigabyte windforce oc (factory overclock)

and i have this problem of flickering textures all over the screen

(0:02 and 0:41 in the video ) do you think it caused by the overclock of the card ??

and if so ... how i downclock my card just for this game ???

[video=youtube;-gSIVNCO4ro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gSIVNCO4ro[/video]

---------- Updated at 11:05 AM ----------

greyfox1287 said:
Anyone have any insight into possible causes of this issue?

Have fully tested my GPU with no errors in any other game, have tried underclocking GPU, have changed all nvidia settings.

look in my video i think it the same ....

your card as overclock ???

Thanks to everyone taking part in the thread. A great community like this one helps each other when they can, I've stickied the thread so people can find it.

This thread is unofficial. The Witcher team is working on official patching, but some of these fixes may help in the meantime. Keep in mind, they are not tested and may or may not fix your issues. Heck, they could make something worse, so always check to make sure you know what you are trying before you try it and how to reverse it in the worst case. But they may be a good stop gap measure until your issue is fixed.

Keep the self-help coming. :)

Any ETA on the patch? A few days? Weeks?

i have geforce 780 ti gigabyte windforce oc (factory overclock)

and i have this problem of flickering textures all over the screen

(0:02 and 0:41 in the video ) do you think it caused by the overclock of the card ??

and if so ... how i downclock my card just for this game ???

[video=youtube;-gSIVNCO4ro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gSIVNCO4ro[/video]

---------- Updated at 11:05 AM ----------

look in my video i think it the same ....

your card as overclock ???

I use MSI afterburner to downclock the card. http://gaming.msi.com/features/afterburner
Tutorial on how to overclock (same applies to downclock): http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-1933689/overclock-gpu-afterburner.html
Looks like VRAM issue to me. You can try downclocking the memory clock using afterburner. The factory overclock might be the issue
Also try reseating the GPU on the PCI slot, sometimes it helps
Currently I'm using NVIDIA 350.12 (GTA V) driver as I found a lot of issues with the latest driver

ricko99 said:
I use MSI afterburner to downclock the card. http://gaming.msi.com/features/afterburner
Tutorial on how to overclock (same applies to downclock): http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-1933...terburner.html
Looks like VRAM issue to me. You can try downclocking the memory clock using afterburner. The factory overclock might be the issue
Also try reseating the GPU on the PCI slot, sometimes it helps
Currently I'm using NVIDIA 350.12 (GTA V) driver as I found a lot of issues with the latest driver

if i use nivdia inspactor nvidia inspector to downclock it ok ?\

and can i apply my downclock only to this game ? and how ?

i use 352.86 clean installation

if i use nivdia inspactor nvidia inspector to downclock it ok ?\

and can i apply my downclock only to this game ? and how ?

i use 352.86 clean installation

If you use NVIDIA inspector, you can only have one clock profile I believe. With Afterburner, you can have 5 different clock slots then you can just make and activate the one you need for playing Witcher 3. When you play other games, you can just reset the clock to factory ones using the reset button on the afterburner

Try to use 350.12 as I found it more stable for the game. the new driver actually increases temperature in all of my games quite a bit

For users on 'non-standard' aspect ratios (16:10, UWS, etc). I've found a way to fix the hud UI.

In your \Documents\The Witcher 3\user.settings file look for below (if they're not there add them);

[Hidden]
uiVerticalFrameScale=1.0 <- raising this value will move the UI further apart vertically.
uiHorizontalFrameScale=1.0 <- raising this value will move the UI further apart horizontally.

You'll have to experiment with the values to get oyourdesired results. But at least you can have the UI in the correct location by adjusting these.

@Verrenus,

Thanks very much for compiling this guide - I tried to read through the Nvidia Tweak Guide, but it was excessively long (although very detailed and very clearly written). This is a nice summary of the essentials that should work for everyone around here. Keep it going!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom