A compendium of tweaks and fixes for the PC version

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Distance, Texture Sizes, Water Geometry etc - i think the max values are the best !
But knowint them we would know were to start, and know if we fuck up or actualy improve the game !

Oh I agree about the last statement there. I apologize if I misunderstood your post. I figured pointing to those threads especially might help you find the caps but also how they interrelate as values... ie what I meant by what they are and do.

But we'll disagree on the texture sizes and etc... which is fine. :D I just know a lot of the values related to texture and shadow maps can have unintended side effects. Skellige interiors with their multiple lights are a good way to test the values. Man I can get those things glitching like a strobe with some of the higher values. :D

Still, hope you find what you need. Good luck to you, friend!

her's a comparison video between cut scene light setting and ultra, sorry for the quality, internet is ass in my country, i only have 2mb/s

That lighting preset looks beautiful, imo. Really produces that smooth CG look, that I personally love. The differences, especially in the night time shots are insane. Worlds apart.

The world looks so much more natural, when random stuff isn't glowing in the dark lol. It drives home just how ridiculous the current night lighting looks, imo.

Last edited:
@agatsuma of course i will release it, ther's no point in doing this to keep it for me, basically its done, i just need to figure out how to make the game load the moded csv table that i made, because right now without the debug console, the game does not load it

i managed to fix the view distance , but that mean constant clouds and no more clear blue sky as a counter part, the skybox in novigrad is still broken, and i dont think its possible to fix it without redkit, but the clouds hide it a little bit, so its kinda okey

@Asmodean778 : yep, i think its very close to what they used in the 35mn demo, minus the better skybox, however you can notice it has less ground reflection for example, i suppose its disabled since its made for cut scene, and the camera are mostly at head levels in that situation, so reflection is pretty useless, but i think it can be fixed within the *.env file

@agatsuma of course i will release it, ther's no point in doing this to keep it for me, basically its done, i just need to figure out how to make the game load the moded csv table that i made, because right now without the debug console, the game does not load it

i managed to fix the view distance , but that mean constant clouds and no more clear blue sky as a counter part, the skybox in novigrad is still broken, and i dont think its possible to fix it without redkit, but the clouds hide it a little bit, so its kinda okey

@Asmodean778 : yep, i think its very close to what they used in the 35mn demo, minus the better skybox, however you can notice it has less ground reflection for example, i suppose its disabled since its made for cut scene, and the camera are mostly at head levels in that situation, so reflection is pretty useless, but i think it can be fixed within the *.env file

can we have a beta ? the table and the way for open it with console ? seriously i love to much this ..... il try since a long time to got the cinématic lighting for all the game .. and now u find how to got it and am like a little child for christmas.....

oh great someone fixed it ! well i could release some kind of beta ... calling it a beta is a bit silly, its just a dirty hack, but whatever, i need to properly prepare the files first, ther's a major spoiler in one of the file am using, i hope the game will still let me load the setting if i change the name , otherwise this is problematic

Last edited:

Attachments

• Omega facepalm.jpg
    Omega facepalm.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 41
f******* i dont understand how this shit load the csv files, am tired, tried everything

try this brah :

Dl this is the .bat installer with quick bms
https://1fichier.com/?6ar0btlbya

replace the .csv by ur own rename with the same name put into \content\content0\bundles.... and try to launch .bat ...i dont know its just an idea maybe u have to tweak the template to .....but am sure if u examine the weather mod on nexus u can find

edit:
Ok its more complicated i have not realy understand the hard work it is

Last edited:
I don't know if this is posted but I found this to improve performance on Nvidia GPUs (Kepler and Maxwell). If you delete APEX_ClothingGPU_x64.dll in the game installation directory then it offloads the cloth processing to CPU. You can also achieve this by forcing PhysX processing on CPU in Nvidia Control Panel.

http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-increase-performance-nvidia-gpus/

Make sure you backup the file first if you go for delete method. I haven't tried this myself yet, I'll post the results as soon as I reach home.

try this brah :

Dl this is the .bat installer with quick bms
https://1fichier.com/?6ar0btlbya

replace the .csv by ur own rename with the same name put into \content\content0\bundles.... and try to launch .bat ...i dont know its just an idea maybe u have to tweak the template to .....but am sure if u examine the weather mod on nexus u can find

edit:
Ok its more complicated i have not realy understand the hard work it is

already tried it, actually i learned how to the make the change thanks to KNG mod, i talked to him yesterday and basically we're doing it the same way

have test some weather this night but i never find how change the "cinematic weather(sky-box)"can u just tell me its just the sky-box change in ur video ?

that feel like a filter ....that is the env ?

hoooFCk that give me headache better wait u find and fix it am not a pro for stuff like dat but i want the wonderfull light like as ur video :wallbash:............. its hard ur vid tease so much .....Hope u find the way

good luck bro

Last edited:
I read that some ppl complained that the below tweak didn't do jack so it this entry needs to be updated: I hope it hasn't been mentioned before but my solution is below:

8. Set the "Witcher3.exe" process to "High Priority" in Task Manager to win some extra frames-per-second

Alternatively, if you want the game to always run at a high priority, then open Notepad and copy/paste the following in a new .txt file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\witcher3.exe\PerfOptions] “CpuPriorityClass”=dword:00000003

Then save the file with the extension .reg (e.g. "witcher_priority.reg") wherever you want, double-click on it and select "Ok" to add the new key to your registry!

Well, after I read that ppl said the game had still "normal" priority" for them I had a look myself and noticed they were right (at least under Windows 8.1, 64bit).

So I opened up regedit (run ==> regedit) and looked up the entry that had supposedly been created. It was exactly where the tweaking tipp said it would be but there was only a "default" file in the registry entry. In order for the tweak to work you need to manually create a new Dword (I created a dword32, not sure if dword64 would make any difference) called "CpuPriorityClass" (without the " ") and then give it the value 00000003 (it actually doesn't matter whether you do hexadecimal or decimal, as in both cases the end result on-screen will be 3). If done correctly the game should now have high priority everytime you start it

Last edited:
true - but another thing about knowing the min and especially the max values is that you dont enter an above value and the the game will not read it, and instead will set it's max settings, which for textures would be 2048, but it seems to work with 4096 even - so it will lower the texture to what it knows its max, not even the tweaking max value ;)

---------- Updated at 07:48 AM ----------

High-res grass mod for the Witcher 3!!!
- stoopeed jackaz

IF you are not able to relase this because something is wrong maybe you can share how did you menage to change lighting mode, so we can try it every time we start the game. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom