A compendium of tweaks and fixes for the PC version

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't like either of those screenshots. I'll take the e3 2014 incarnation of the renderer any day. It was beautiful then, imo.

Go rewatch the uncompressed 35 min gameplay demo and cry inside lol.

On a small secondary note: I found out how to make the UI scale (smaller / or larger) than the defaults allow. Also to adjust the uiOpacity. It's in the hud_settings.csv, though, and you need to use quick bms to repack it.

Made the UI tiny as a test, see below;

witcher3 2015-06-08 00-33-20-06

Is dof On in this pic? Without dof theoretically the fog shoudn't be there

It really hurts :(

I hope it is possible one day to auto hide the compass. It makes no sense that they didn't keep that feature from the last game, didn't they finally patch it in after it was requested for like a year?

I made a bind to hide the hud but it doesn't work if I have free camera active.

There's still hope. This mod might just bring back that trailer look. As is it, it looks freaking impressive.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/146/?

i played lot of rpgs and mmorpgs, and if you deactivated dof, the fog/blur(that how it looks, despite of what it really is)disappears and you can see clearly the distant lanscape without that effect. That how it was used. Adding this just like an effect, i think is just dumb. but well, that is my own taste.

i think the framework version can, but it's a huge fps hit. Just need someone who knows very well how to mess with those shaders. I had a look, there are tons

It'll need to edit ingame engines parameters to change lighting, effects and ect. Some postprocessing will not do it. Maybe, just maybe some thing like ENB could do it, but there is none. So Im beting on cutsceen lighting for the monent.

THIS GAME WAS RELEAST FAR TO EARLY AND THE GAME COMPANY IS WAITING FOR ITS WORKERS, MODDERS AND FORUMERS TO REPAIR THE GAME - AND PEPOLE WILL PLAY A BROKEN GAME, AND FINISH IT WITH GLITCHES - SO THE IMERSION IS ALREADY BROKEN...

THIS. You can thank the potato consoles makers for it.

Shadows and Hairworks settings are always off when I start the game, what do I have to type in the Ini to default them as Shadows: High, Hairworks: Only Geralt?

(This happens because the .ini is in read only for a couple of other changes I made).

the user.settings is the master file bro maybe the values are dont set correctly in this file ?

edit: my english sucks i dont understand u ask about

HW 1 for geralt 2 for all

for shadow i use

CascadeShadowDistanceScale0=2
CascadeShadowDistanceScale1=2
CascadeShadowDistanceScale2=1
CascadeShadowDistanceScale3=1

CascadeShadowmapSize=960

its low perf cost value and shadow look good for me
find the setting in this thread

Last edited:
the user.settings is the master file bro maybe the values are dont set correctly in this file ?

edit: my english sucks i dont understand u ask about

HW 1 for geralt 2 for all

for shadow i use

CascadeShadowDistanceScale0=2
CascadeShadowDistanceScale1=2
CascadeShadowDistanceScale2=1
CascadeShadowDistanceScale3=1

CascadeShadowmapSize=960

its low perf cost value and shadow look good for me
find the setting in this thread

Are you sure that for Scale0 and Scale1 you need to use 2 and for farther shadows use 1? I think you need to use 1 for closest (0 and 1) and 2 for farther (2 and 3). The more the number - the farther shadow will go, but will become mor pixelated. Idealy you must balans those Scales so transition is not noticable.

nop am not sure that why i tell i have find value in this thread but i use them and work well fo me ,i dont see the fade

CascadeShadowDistanceScale0=4 (dunno if 4 is max)
CascadeShadowDistanceScale1=4 (dunno if 4 is max)
CascadeShadowDistanceScale2=3 (dunno if 3 is max)
CascadeShadowDistanceScale3=3 (dunno if 3 is max)

CascadeShadowQuality=4 (dunno if 4 is max)
CascadeShadowFadeTreshold=0.1 (0.1 they say to be max and raising it will lower distant shadow resolution)

MaxCubeShadowSize=2048/3072/4096/8192
MaxSpotShadowSize=2048/3072/4096/8192
CascadeShadowmapSize=2048/3072/4096/8192

2048 is still a lil under HIGH resolution, 3072 is HIGH, 4096 is VERY HIGH and 8192 is ULTRA (a lot of fps loss for 8k)

Try theese settings for best shadows - the only option that kills fps is the 8K resolution, and maybe for some the 4K also - but the scales and quality levels seem to not eat that much fps !

Last edited:
CascadeShadowDistanceScale0=4 (dunno if 4 is max)
CascadeShadowDistanceScale1=4 (dunno if 4 is max)
CascadeShadowDistanceScale2=3 (dunno if 3 is max)
CascadeShadowDistanceScale3=3 (dunno if 3 is max)

CascadeShadowQuality=4 (dunno if 4 is max)
CascadeShadowFadeTreshold=0.1 (0.1 they say to be max and raising it will lower distant shadow resolution)

MaxCubeShadowSize=2048/3072/4096/8192
MaxSpotShadowSize=2048/3072/4096/8192
CascadeShadowmapSize=2048/3072/4096/8192

2048 is still a lil under HIGH resolution, 3072 is HIGH, 4096 is VERY HIGH and 8192 is ULTRA (a lot of fps loss for 8k)

Try theese settings for best shadows - the only option that kills fps is the 8K resolution, and maybe for some the 4K also - but the scales and quality levels seem to not eat that much fps !

Why do you stretch closest shadow more than farthest? It makes no sens. Read about Parallel Split-Shadow Maps and its Cascades.

There's still hope. This mod might just bring back that trailer look. As is it, it looks freaking impressive.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/146/?

sweat fx tried frankly I quickly remove her. Personally I find the colouring too change, moreover I also try the smaa because I found that of the witcher 3 not powerful enough, I was surprised to see that it is even worse.

first thing to have if cd project red on desired that a texture is a warm temperature it is not to make it cold, totally change you their vision. (On the basis of a small trailer).

second thing all trailers are made for being accompanied by heavy very often machine a tri sli titan or other, so must understand that never play you the same games that you're see at e3. In addition it had to be optimize with the feet has to time the.

Third some small thing to return as and has charts like blood on the water (its been its small effect, sharpness...), in hope that his continuous as its.

Fourthly I heard edit shaders but what idea the shaders of the e3 treailers are less good they use maintains the pbr, on to point the pbr is more superior, nothing to see.

Finally I favorite a playable game has a game with activated options from 3000 euro of graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom