A compendium of tweaks and fixes for the PC version

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I've seen the MipRefiner option before, got any more info?
it's in the topic of this theme on the fist page by the number eleven
Decoupling would make Shadow Quality slider pretty obsolete and keeping it coupled would show it as "Low" for tweaked values. I instead tried something else(but didn't include) of adding a 4th preset, or 5th if need be.
yeah, idealy, it must show something like "custom" when you choose... well, custom values
if you look closer, i deleted "Shadow Quality" slider completly and instead used presets. so you can click preset if you want it easy way and all corresponding sliders will adjust itself accordingly. or(and) you can tweak every value to your preference, without anything going to "low" by itself.

found error in RenderingShadows presets that prevented it to change MaxCubeShadowSize and MaxSpotShadowSize values. here you go

Last edited:
Hm, it just occurred to me that I can(I already did but no way to test) add a slider for HUD Aspect Ratio 16:9(default), 16:10 and 21:9 but if it works fine already then it would be pointless. Anybody here with a 16:10/21:9? What's the state of the HUD Aspect Ratio after all the patches? (@eskiMoe @M4xw0lf). Does it scale according to resolution?

I created custom resolutions just to test and changing uiVerticalFrameScale or uiHorizontalFrameScale to any value didn't make any difference, not even a centimetre. I know mine is a 16:9 but still, there should atleast be SOME difference.

Meanwhile I added two petty options, but I cannot find anywhere to test them yet, no 'cutscenes'

Last edited:
Hm, it just occurred to me that I can(I already did but no way to test) add a slider for HUD Aspect Ratio 16:9(default), 16:10 and 21:9 but if it works fine already then it would be pointless. Anybody here with a 16:10/21:9? What's the state of the HUD Aspect Ratio after all the patches? (@eskiMoe @M4xw0lf). Does it scale according to resolution?

I created custom resolutions just to test and changing uiVerticalFrameScale or uiHorizontalFrameScale to any value didn't make any difference, not even a centimetre. I know mine is a 16:9 but still, there should atleast be SOME difference.

Meanwhile I added two petty options, but I cannot find anywhere to test them yet, no 'cutscenes'

I won't bother testing with my 16:10 display since the game changes the FOV for the worse when I use my native resolution but these numbers should be accurate for a cornered HUD. I found them in the comments section of some mod on the nexus.

16:9
Change uiVerticalFrameScale from 1 to 1.0650
Change uiHorizontalFrameScale from 1 to 1.0375
16:10
uiVerticalFrameScale=1.18
uiHorizontalFrameScale=1.04
21:9
uiVerticalFrameScale=1.05
uiHorizontalFrameScale=1.37

Interesting. I think my HUD is not exactly where it should be for my 16:10 resolution, vertically.

Interesting. I think my HUD is not exactly where it should be for my 16:10 resolution, vertically.
Hm, what is the value of your uiVerticalFrameScale in user.settings? Is it 1? Have you tried 1.1253?

16:9
Change uiVerticalFrameScale from 1 to 1.0650
Change uiHorizontalFrameScale from 1 to 1.0375
16:10
uiVerticalFrameScale=1.18
uiHorizontalFrameScale=1.04
Thanks but I was inquiring if anybody noticed it change on their monitor if they tried messing with UI Frame Scale options.

Also those numbers seem... wrong, 16:9 and 16:10 should only have different Vertical numbers since Horizontally they're the same. Likewise for 21:9 where Horizontal would be different but same Vertical.

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the guide!!!
is it noemal that when i do the shadow distance scaleb and texturemipmap changes my ingame options go from Ultra to Low?
and is it a menu bug or do i get the low settings in game?

After dismantle carry wight should be update as I am overload sometimes so I try to sell / dismantle stuff but weight is not updating while am i doing that so please do check & if possible update it.. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom