A Crazy Idea About Choices Affecting Gwent

+
A Crazy Idea About Choices Affecting Gwent

[Disclaimer (Please read): I don't know if this has been covered; I didn't find it. If it has, ignore this thread and I'm sorry! Also, this might fall under the "new ideas" thread, but I felt it was something so big it had to have its own thread. WARNING: Thread includes some spoilers about the main game Witcher 3 & expansions! However, I'm not going to use spoiler tags, because it will ruin the flow of my post. Thank you!]​

I suggest that we should have the option to incorporate our choices from the main game and expansions in GWENT! What I mean by that is, based on your choices in the main game different things will happen when you play certain cards (Geralt, Yennefer, Triss, Kiera Metz, Shani, etc.). For instance, if you killed Keira Metz, her card could be replaced with "Dark Kiera Metz" or something and have different powers and some ghostly art.

Depending on who you romanced in the main game, when you play the Geralt card (and you already have your romance on the board), she will say something like "Hi there, lover" :D Now, if you completed the Last Wish quest and based on your choice, Yen could comment on it. Obviously, these comments should only happen the first few times you play, otherwise it could get be pretty annoying, especially if you regret you choice! :)

If you chose to romance Shani (in the expansion) and you already romanced one of the other sorceresses in the main game, there could be some intrigue with interesting dialogue. Also, depending on what you chose, Shani could be more willing to help on the battlefield, but compensate by being stronger or something.

Based on your choices in the main quest, Bloody Baron, playing the Baron card could spawn the Botchling or not. Also, if you helped the Baron reunite with his family, playing the Baron card could spawn his family!

I don't know if they will include Godlings (like Johnny and Sera) in GWENT, but if they do, depending on what you made Sera do in Novigrad, playing either the Sera or Johnny card should do different things. If you made Sera leave the house (which leads her to finding Johnny) playing either Johnny or Sera would spawn the other one at the same time. Alternatively, if you chose to let Sera stay in the house, playing the Corrine card would spawn Sera.

I know this is crazy, but what do you guys think? And can you think of other choices that could affect your GWENT experience? Let's have some fun! :)

Last edited:
This would surely be different though for each player as they will all have their own play throughs. Also people who get the Standalone Gwent may not have necessarily played Witcher 3.

This would surely be different though for each player as they will all have their own play throughs. Also people who get the Standalone Gwent may not have necessarily played Witcher 3.

That's the whole idea! That it should be different and optional. It has to be carefully balanced so, let's say, if you choose to use your choices from W3 in GWENT, the cards have synergy, but with lower Strength. Or something! :) Alternatively, choosing not to use your choices from W3, would trigger the default choices or something.

I think this is an over-the-top, super-crazy idea, but it would be cool to see even more variety in the gameplay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom