A critical bug that affects the perception of the entire game!

+
Look & listen this!

Listened to it on studio equipment. And it turned out that the sounds did not disappear. The screams of the Delomaines, the roar of engines, and other background rattles are audible, but extremely quiet. How to fix it? It's like that throughout the game. A critical bug that affects the perception of the entire game!

1.5 (hotfix 2)

And how many people would have such setup that falls within this category you think?
Seems like yet another one of those "its inconvienent for 1% of the playerbase" complaints.
I think 100% of players have this problem. At the moment, I have not been able to find a video without audio fading issues. both on pc and ps and xbox. and it happens throughout the game in different places. somewhere more, somewhere less. the garage with the delomaines is simply the most revealing place. check it out for yourself if you want:

I think 100% of players have this problem. At the moment, I have not been able to find a video without audio fading issues. both on pc and ps and xbox. and it happens throughout the game in different places. somewhere more, somewhere less. the garage with the delomaines is simply the most revealing place. check it out for yourself if you want:

Well, I dont remember the static like that, but that may be me.

Hum, I got a problem like that I think.
Call me a fool, but I got a new TV in middle of this playthrough (sounds on my dear "dead" TV was fine), and when I first plug my new TV on my Series X, I experimented weird sound issues (a little bit like in the video... lot of "ambiant" sound were way too low, even footsteps noise... Which is very weird because normally they were very loud on my last TV).
But when I switch my TV in "game mode", all was back to normal... Don't ask me why, it's simply an observation :D

Hum, I got a problem like that I think.
Call me a fool, but I got a new TV in middle of this playthrough (sounds on my dear "dead" TV was fine), and when I first plug my new TV on my Series X, I experimented weird sound issues (a little bit like in the video... lot of "ambiant" sound were way too low, even footsteps noise... Which is very weird because normally they were very loud on my last TV).
But when I switch my TV in "game mode", all was back to normal... Don't ask me why, it's simply an observation :D
Interesting solution. I tried game mode on tv (tried on nvidia shield), didn't solve the problem. I agree about the disappearing sounds of steps, I still encounter this too. As well as the sounds of opening / closing car doors and other sounds. Noticed that some of these sounds (footsteps) disappear after 10-15 minutes from the start of the game.

Interesting solution. I tried game mode on tv (tried on nvidia shield), didn't solve the problem. I agree about the disappearing sounds of steps, I still encounter this too. As well as the sounds of opening / closing car doors and other sounds. Noticed that some of these sounds (footsteps) disappear after 10-15 minutes from the start of the game.
I still wonder how the TV can "filter" some sounds... In "normal mode" V's footstep noise were very very low but the NPCs footsteps noise were "loud" as usual... Weirdest thing ever :D

You guys might try messing around with the Dynamic Range settings within Sound but don't base your testing on how you think a setting should sound based on it's label. I play on a laptop with... well... crappy laptop speakers and once in a while with a very nice set of headphones but I leave the Dynamic Range setting as Headphones because it sounds better to me through the laptop speakers than the Small Speakers setting which is the one you might go for first.

The first video that chester318 posted sounded very extreme but it can't hurt to try.

Look & listen this!

Listened to it on studio equipment. And it turned out that the sounds did not disappear. The screams of the Delomaines, the roar of engines, and other background rattles are audible, but extremely quiet. How to fix it? It's like that throughout the game. A critical bug that affects the perception of the entire game!

1.5 (hotfix 2)
Consider to forward this video and feedback to Support.

As far as I can tell, this has been a problem ever since launch. It was addressed, couple of times even, but seems to return time and again. As it's a game-wide issue, careful consideration is required.

A poster explained it exceptionally well.

"
The problem is that in an audio mix, different sounds need different channels, otherwise you can't adjust their volume separately. However, the sliders in the menu seem to adjust groups of various sounds, but this is not always the case. E.g. radio talk can be adjusted by both the dialogue and the SFX channel, but NPC voice is not affected by the SFX channel. There are also situations where background music isn't part of the music channel and instead is considered as ambient sound which is part of the SFX channel.

As you can see in the video, I've tried to lower the clothing sounds by lowering the SFX channel, while keeping the dialogue volume at 90%, but then the radio talk is lower in volume too."

Top Bottom