A Cyberpsycho side quest I completed but not the way the game perceived - bug?

+
So I came across a Cyberpsycho side mission. My objective was not to kill them but only to knock them out and have the NCPD take them alive, which is what Regina told me to do! But I've not been investing many skill points in stealth and hacking and as this was only a Moderate threat mission I decided to do it! After not being able to hack or incapacitate this dude successfully I decided to pump several shotgun rounds into his face, which killed him! Despite this I completed the mission and told Regina I spared his life!

Is this a bug?

I don't think it's a bug. You just have to drop their health to zero and that's it. Dialogue is there just for "immersion" and not for gameplay. I think after you drop down the psycho, if you go see him he is still alive, moving on the ground with open eyes, well atleast mine was

Was it one of those armored suit dudes? Those you can only knock out and not kill. Well, maybe if you shoot them as they are knocked out but I have not tested that.

Was this a bug?

Yes and no.

It is possible to kill the cyber psychos, and you will report that you have killed them. Regina will respond back disappointed that you killed them instead of knocked them out and it will have story implications.

HOWEVER:

I've noticed something. Not all damage types are lethal, and often when these damage types are "mixed" with regular bullet damage, enemies are not killed, somewhat seemingly at random. If you look on the weapon you defeated the enemy with, I wouldn't be surprised if you found, in the small print, that it did additional electrical damage, or some other element other than physical.

What I believe happens is that this additional elemental damage is what deals the final "finishing blow" at times, and thus results in the NPC not being killed.

tl;dr:
Your gun probably did 100 damage + 10 electrical. The electrical took his last 10 hp so it knocked him out and did not kill.

Hope this helps!

So I came across a Cyberpsycho side mission. My objective was not to kill them but only to knock them out and have the NCPD take them alive, which is what Regina told me to do! But I've not been investing many skill points in stealth and hacking and as this was only a Moderate threat mission I decided to do it! After not being able to hack or incapacitate this dude successfully I decided to pump several shotgun rounds into his face, which killed him! Despite this I completed the mission and told Regina I spared his life!

Is this a bug?
Did you equip one of these by any chance?

It's one of the easy ways to deal with Cyberpsychos.

This being the easy way

Attachments

• Cyberpunk2077_9C4dZYqs1X.png
    Cyberpunk2077_9C4dZYqs1X.png
    344.7 KB · Views: 112
Top Bottom