A Dash of Information about The Witcher 2

+
Ive been playing RPG since the days of Mud... now i have played The Witcher i put it up there in the top 5 games in RPG of all time why? because the system is fantastic to use, fight style is excellent not just point and click.. Garalt and crew are fantastic characters and the world is beautiful a place anyone would want to live in and fight in. Yet i have just seen the Witcher 2 alpha on Youtube and even though it looks fantastic 2 things stick out like a sore thumb and will destroy the main character.. What the hell has happened to his VOICE??? change it back i beg you the new voice is not him to weak sounding why did you do this its not like any human being can change there voice random so change it back or it will not be same character the same goes for his HAIR!! please guys either give us the choice to have it like that or keep it how it was again it suited him as white wolf and his whole image is what made the game in the first place... Ever hear the saying do not reinvent the wheel? then dont do it with the Witcher.. I am not the only one who thinks this check out the you tube videos and many other forums.. We are all saying the same thing.. keep his Voice!! and his Hair!!!.. I sooo Cant wait to get back into the Witcher world with the Witcher 2 but it wont be the same if thouse issues are there.

Davinius: it was along time ago, they reported that the leaked video of witcher 2 was dubbed by themself for the purpose of the show, and that they don't plan to take the jobs of official actor. so there's no problem about that for the moment.my only fears is the presence of a toolset, I really hope they give us a more useable toolset (or better explanation, how to, than that was done for witcher1)edit: and I really hope they will remake the exploit of making a game that not need to have the lastest top of the top computer and still have better graphic than every RPG on the market.

jbaudrand said:
my only fears is the presence of a toolset, I really hope they give us a more useable toolset (or better explanation, how to, than that was done for witcher1)
I can ensure you, that our new engine is far more stable and user friendly than aurora, which to be honest is not so hard :p

Forum veteran
Wow, I finally found this thread... man, am I rusty at this. Or maybe just lazy.Like no-one here... I think I can wait... everyone else is like: I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait... chill people...Its good to see that there's progress in 2010. The year I thought would be fruitless... anyways, take your time with this please.Dot you i's, cross your t's and you'll surely make us proud. Thanks again for the dash of info... mind if we got a wee bit pint too? :D

PanKarol said:
PanKarol said:
my only fears is the presence of a toolset, I really hope they give us a more useable toolset (or better explanation, how to, than that was done for witcher1)
I can ensure you, that our new engine is far more stable and user friendly than aurora, which to be honest is not so hard :p
*laugh* Indeed!The Aurora engine crashes a lot, and Djinni isn't terribly user-friendly. On the other hand, I've heard that the Dragon Age toolset is more powerful than Djinni but even LESS user-friendly. So if your new engine crashes less than Aurora and is at least as user-friendly as Djinni, you will win the engine contest!

I'm RPG starved ATM. Played ME1 then Witcher to ME2 in the last couple months but now I have nothing....except maybe Witcher 2!!

Uhmmm,I know it's impossible to predict right now, but what does this announcement mean? I guess what I am asking is, what would you typically expect at this stage of a game's development and what this conference might feature: pre-production, alpha release, beta release, a release date for the final product? I'm curious if the game itself will be released in 2010...

stanpapusa said:
I'm curious if the game itself will be released in 2010...
In this post, szypek26 tells us about an interview he saw on Polish TV with Kiciński from CDPR. He says that they hinted that they'd like to bring TW2 out in time for Christmas 2010. One person saying "hope" is a long way from a release date, but that's the information we have so far.

ThanksSo it's still a long way... but way better than Q2 2011 :DOn the other hand, I'd rather wait longer than get a crappy, short or bugged version. How long have they been working on it so far, 16 months?

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
I'm curious if the game itself will be released in 2010...
In this post, szypek26 tells us about an interview he saw on Polish TV with Kiciński from CDPR. He says that they hinted that they'd like to bring TW2 out in time for Christmas 2010. One person saying "hope" is a long way from a release date, but that's the information we have so far.
Not so long, in my opinion. I've thought we should wait much longer.......... at least 1years or 2. :hmmm:

Indeed this is a great bit of information. I played dragon age through twice, but it is SO repetitive and not as engaging as The Witcher, which I keep going back to. I check back weekly to look for news like this. I'm looking forward to an incredible game in Witcher 2.

secondchildren said:
Not so long, in my opinion. I've thought we should wait much longer.......... at least 1years or 2. :hmmm:
Year but 1 - 1.5 years are already gone, I think. Assuming W2 will be released this October, that's 2 years after the enhanced edition and 3 years after the original release. Granted, they spent some time working on the console version (a short lived effort if I'm not wrong) but that doesn't mean they stopped working on the sequel completely.

In the past, some great and huge games, like GTA San Andreas, were made in two years. So, two years is plenty of time for game development.

Goranhr said:
In the past, some great and huge games, like GTA San Andreas, were made in two years. So, two years is plenty of time for game development.
I think it depends on the size of your team. Bioware is huge, so they can churn out games relatively quickly. I don't know how big Rockstar Games is (the GTA people), but CDPR is on the small side.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Corylea said:
*laugh* Indeed!The Aurora engine crashes a lot, and Djinni isn't terribly user-friendly. On the other hand, I've heard that the Dragon Age toolset is more powerful than Djinni but even LESS user-friendly. So if your new engine crashes less than Aurora and is at least as user-friendly as Djinni, you will win the engine contest!
Yes the DA toolset is good and there are some very good mod’s coming out so hopefully the new tools for TW2 are as good.My birthday is also in march so will be waiting for TW2 news as well as for FFXIII.

Top Bottom