A Dash of Information about The Witcher 2

+
This is what Blooddragon (lead artist) SAID about Geralt's look: "Wait for more materials. Don't judge Geralt's new image by one movie with unfortunatelly set up mimics. It would be better to judge new look by THIS image - it's our target"I'm staying calm 8)

szypek26 said:
It would be better to judge new look by THIS image - it's our target"I'm staying calm 8)
Thanks for the link to that image, Szypek!*sigh* If only CDPR told us as much as they tell the Polish fans. :'(

Geralt looks very rough on that pic. :)I hope he won´t look so much rough at all....But better than the cute one right ;D

Ah, how much i like surprises~!I was stunned by the visual beauty of the trailer. It looks so fantastic! And all about the story/plot we saw seemed so great and deep. Geralt needs just a little changes on his face and everything is more or less perfect. This is so great..!

Hmm, is it only me or does the bald guy in the cave somewhat reminds me of Falwick from the Hexer serie?!Atleast that was my first thought. Hey look, a uglier verision of Falwick!Ooh well...

Corylea said:
I'd settle for the face from the leaked video. But THIS is the face I really want to see:
What she said exactly.

szypek26 said:
This is what Blooddragon (lead artist) SAID about Geralt's look: "Wait for more materials. Don't judge Geralt's new image by one movie with unfortunatelly set up mimics. It would be better to judge new look by THIS image - it's our target"I'm staying calm 8)
I hope so. From the debut trailer, Geralt seems to become a Fable's pg, the Molineaux's game.

szypek26 said:
i hope...these is Geralt, the Geralt people wants ...a wild and charismatic witcher ;)

Hello All, Hmmm........ Not sure why my post didn't show up the first time but now I'll have to try and remember what I said the first time around.I think it went something like this. Hello all, and to any designers who may be keeping an eye on this thread, What can I say about TW2, First off I had a look at the trailer and would like to say to the others following this thread that in this trailer there was no direct refferance to this charcater on the screen as to being Geralt. I thought it was the designers trying to throw us off track, that maybe this wasen't Geralt, but a person posing as Geralt to somehow defame him for some reason????? Very tricky of the designers to try mis-direction......... However then I looked at the next trailer ( Alpha ) and it was now apparent Via direct relation that this was indeed Geralt. Now I'm not sure why he changed but I have to be honest and say that I to liked the old Geralt, that charcater design just fit. I'm not sure why the designers thought they needed to do this, it's not like a real person died and they had to get a stand-in, I use the movie " The Crow " starring the Late Brandon Lee as an example, the director had to get a stand-in but the movie still played out very well. Game designers don't have to worry about such things so why they felt the need to change Geralt is beyond me. Even though it was a nice try for change I think the New Garalt, ( At least for me ) just doesn't cut it. I could see where this particular charcater design would work from a nostalgic point of view as it does remind me of the charcater from the DVD cover of " The Hexer " however being from Canada, this charcater design wouldn't envoke the same feelings in me. I will say though, because of my support from the first game I am even now trying to aquire the DVD, and the old movie series as well as the comic series. As for the books unfortunately I can only get " Blood Elves " and " The Last Wish " in English as for " The Hexer " it is sub-titled. So I would just like to say I would really like to see the old Geralt charcater design because it works, and I'm a big supporter of, " If it is not broke, don't fix it " attitude. Now I can hear the designers say, Change him? Well, that's easier said then done. Well for me, and because I support this game, I would without any reservations wait an extra six months to get this game if it ment that I would see the old Geralt. It seems only right to continue with him ( Character Design ) seeing how the first story ended. If it ended with him being splashed with some chemical or long lost potion which caused some metamorphasis I could swollow the new charcater design, but it wasen't????? Well I suppose I could go on and on and on about this but I'm sure the people here and the designers will understand what I mean..... Cheers! Robert

I love the Witcher and personaly cant wait to comme out ;DNew lightning effects looks nice on video and i am all excited to see what new masterpiece of CD Red will look like on new engine knowing how good was original game on old one.Tho guys from CD Red listen to Corylea pls how Witcher should look like, i think most of us want old bad ass Witcher rather than boyish Legolas model which we saw in new video_Or at least give us option to chosse old face of him.

Amazing news...However this from Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/the-witcher-2-dated-detailed) worries me...Atari will publish The Witcher 2 in North America, CD Projekt will handle the game in mainland Europe and 1C will do the honours in Russia. No publisher has been announced for the UK.No UK publisher? Consider me worried... I don't want to have to import from the USA - especially considering the censored edition of the original Witcher that was released there... I want the real European deal please ;D

Kabach said:
No UK publisher? Consider me worried... I don't want to have to import from the USA - especially considering the censored edition of the original Witcher that was released there... I want the real European deal please ;D
Hell, even most of us who live in the USA want "the real European deal" to exist. The religious wackos in this country who believe that sex is dirty and the human body is obscene ::) are mostly not gamers; all the North American gamers I know want to import the UK version!

Hello all, I absolutely agree Corylea, I live in Canada and we have those same zealots here, I can't even watch a medical program without (private areas) being fogged out LOL. As to the Euro version of TW2 I will most likely get mine from overseas if Atari doesn't give me a resolution to another problem I'm having with customer support. I wasen't too pleased when I read that Atari was going to be the distributer for Canada, however CDP-R has to do what they have to, but I'll pay the extra money and buy direct from CDP-R just to ease my mind that I didn't actually buy it from Atari. If my current issue doesn't get resolved, it all comes down to good customer support. Cheers! Robert

Maybe directorscut and the nude mods will work with Witcher2. If not, someone will mod it in sooner or later. Love them modders.

wizgeorge said:
Maybe directorscut and the nude mods will work with Witcher2.
It's a completely different engine. And they're not having the cards this time around but integrating erotic moments into the game more. The Director's Cut and nude mods from The Witcher 1 will definitely NOT work with The Witcher 2. We can hope, though, that CDPR will release a new director's cut for TW2, and a lot sooner than two years after the game comes out!If not, one hopes that it will be possible to add or unlock the real game content via a mod.

Hell, even most of us who live in the USA want "the real European deal" to exist. The religious wackos in this country who believe that sex is dirty and the human body is obscene are mostly not gamers; all the North American gamers I know want to import the UK version!
lol. I happen to be one of those "religous wackos," :angel: but I'm also a huge fan of The Witcher. (And to clarify, us religious wackos treat the body as something sacred, not as something dirty or obscene. We just say the body shouldn't be used as a tool for pleasure by sleeping around. Would you believe that my wife and I were both virgins upon entering marriage?) :peace: No worries, though, no offense taken. I don't mind at all having the sex card stuff in the game, but I liked my censored version. Though, for the sake of the fans, I hope that they come out with a director's cut soon after release to make you happy!

CommanderKeen said:
Hell, even most of us who live in the USA want "the real European deal" to exist. The religious wackos in this country who believe that sex is dirty and the human body is obscene are mostly not gamers; all the North American gamers I know want to import the UK version!
lol. I happen to be one of those "religous wackos," :angel: but I'm also a huge fan of The Witcher. (And to clarify, us religious wackos treat the body as something sacred, not as something dirty or obscene. We just say the body shouldn't be used as a tool for pleasure by sleeping around.
No, hon, you're a religious person. Someone can be religious without being a wacko. One of my cousins is a Methodist minister. He and I disagree about a number of things but not about as many as you might guess; we tend to disagree more on methods than on goals.
Though, for the sake of the fans, I hope that they come out with a director's cut soon after release to make you happy!
And this is the proof. You're not trying to make everyone else in the world live like you. So, sorry if this disappoints you :D, but you're far, far from "wacko" territory. The people I'm calling "wackos" are the ones who believe that they know how everyone else in the entire world should live. And they want this enforced with the power of law. Those of you who just run around being good examples, we need a different world for you guys. Oh, wait, there's "saint," isn't there? ;)

Corylea said:
We can hope, though, that CDPR will release a new director's cut for TW2, and a lot sooner than two years after the game comes out!
http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=26215.msg5381059#msg5381059

Top Bottom