A discussion about the current version of the game

+
A discussion about the current version of the game

At present in the stress test, I think the randomness of the game than the previous version, or even more than I expected, especially Operator this card. This card can even pull out the gold card??!! This is too much too much too soon in the previous version.Producer Jacob said don't want to do it like other card game that is random.I hope to balance the randomness of the game in later versions of the game.Thanks!

if it could not grab gold cards it will be unplayable so I don't think it's that bad I think drawing cards at the end of round 1 and 2 adds much more rng then that the Operator.

if it could not grab gold cards it will be unplayable so I don't think it's that bad I think drawing cards at the end of round 1 and 2 adds much more rng then that the Operator.

I dont agree. Operator is as bad as drawing cards between rounds. Operator can be Game changer. I played operator in gwent while Kts and my operator pulled another operator and that one pulled something else so it was 3cards in one play and I heard there was even crazier combos there. So imo operator is bad for the game right now.

I dont agree. Operator is as bad as drawing cards between rounds. Operator can be Game changer. I played operator in gwent while Kts and my operator pulled another operator and that one pulled something else so it was 3cards in one play and I heard there was even crazier combos there. So imo operator is bad for the game right now.
I agree with you very much. On KTS, I once met an opponent with Operator pulled out a Geralt, defeated, so I also think bad for the game right now.

---------- Updated at 12:11 PM ----------

I think the game now has a lot of randomness for the previous version. In previous versions, although the balance was very poor, there was not much of a random element. Here once again quoted producer Jacob said, do not want to do the Gwent and other games as random. But Operator this card effect, compared with Heartstone's Pastor occupation spell card,Mindgames,is exactly the same.I sincerely hope Gwent Team can balance these random. Hope to adopt. Thanks!

Randomness = fun sometimes .. Just don't make it too random like operator

Operator should only be able to pull silver cards since bronze would be bad and Gold would be OP

Also it should have 0 strength so it gets discarded after being played because 4 strength is a bit high and I don't think it should be disloyal either

After playing some more today i realized that i don't hate the auto card draw each round, BUT, i would prefer MUCH MORE that the devs make so that we start with 13 cards with the option to redraw 4(or still 3) of them. In my opinion, applying these changes, the player will need to put more thought on the cards he/she gets, instead of hoping/counting on random draws at the end of a round. It doesn't remove the RNG completely (that's impossible, after all, this is a card game) but it definitely makes the game a bit more strategic to me, which is a considerable improvement to it.

Yeah, randomness is fun sometimes and it is a part of card games, but make it so that we have a bit less of it by just adding 3 more cards at the beginnig and that's it. The player will now put more thought on each card to play or redraw (3 or 4 cards).

Last edited:
I don't hate card draw between rounds, but it still doesn't work too well in the third round. Played a bunch of stress test and many games were decided by that last draw. People have said limit the card draw to 2 cards on round 2 and I think that's acceptable. I don't think drawing 13 cards at the start is a good solution, it just makes the opening hand insanely large and could lead to some obnoxiously long round 1s.

Also, separately, as has been voiced by many, the 45 second time limit is far too short. Even a solid minute would go a long way.

Outside of that, I have to say actually playing the game really does inform a lot (go figure). The changes have overall been extremely smart and I think play very well. A few things here or there don't work/make sense, but the bronze/silver/gold system is fantastic. The regulated spies play well, the targeting mechanics are not too frequent (keep it this way!!) and the wounding/destroyed mechanic also plays much better and sensible than expected.

My biggest complaints after today is drawing 1 card in round 3 and also just a total lack of information/clarity on how cards work and how things are calculated. Many cards don't specify if its random or a choice; it's unclear how Morkvarg calculates/functions, etc.

Also, the game was painfully slow. A smoother interface and performance would be fantastic -- outside of these, the game is awesome. The direction it's moving is working in my opinion.

Operator only make copies of the card, not play it. I think it's not even that good.
But today game really great, I'm having fun even when I lost. I really like the new direction of gwent.

Also, the game was painfully slow. A smoother interface and performance would be fantastic -- outside of these, the game is awesome. The direction it's moving is working in my opinion.

This. Make the game's animations and phases(coin flip, card drawing, card playing, turn switching) a little bit faster and a more "clean" yet stylish table, increase the size of the battlefield and cards a little and decrease the size or remove the card description on the right. Also, make the total scores and line scores a little more flashed out (first line/second line/third line is glowing silver and total score is vibrating yellow with bigger font, something like this).

The game is shaping up great, i'm already addicted just as i was in WItcher 3.

Oh, and PLEASE USE WITCHER 3 GWENT MUSIC! I'm very happy we will get new music, but man, it would make the game 1000x better imo, it would make people come back for the music alone lol.

Last edited:
I played in the first KTS for 2 hours and in the second KTS for almost 3.5 hours

I did not know where to put my opinion so I will put it here.

First of all I adored the game since I was already a fan of it.

I would propose 3 changes :

1) Remove the coin flip when a player passes. I mean the other player (who did not pass) can play his cards without everytime the coin to change turns. I believe it's unenecessary time spent

2) Make visible through the game the ability of its faction

3) I find the faction Monsters overpowered against the others. Especially almost every time I played Monsters, the weather cards about disabling the front row were so many that in every round I could have the front row frost. Plus when I played with other factions against Monsters I would be lucky to have 1 Clear Weather card and even with this one card, Monsters were really hard to win.
I do not like to brag but I think that I know how to play the game in a very good level and when I say that Monsters seem to be overpowered I don't think that I am the only feeling like this.

That's more or less for the time being. If I come up with more ideas and proposals for changes and modifications I will let you know

Hope I have helped

1) Remove the coin flip when a player passes. I mean the other player (who did not pass) can play his cards without everytime the coin to change turns. I believe it's unenecessary time spent

Poor @Rethas has to explain the same thing over and over again:)

Top Bottom