A faction fix?

+
From the looks of things, most of our enemies are tagged to be part of some faction in one way or another.
So what about the following idea:
- Add a special faction merchant in each district.​
+ A maelstrom vendor somewhere in the Northside Industrial District in Watson.​
+ A VooDoo Boys vendor in Pacifica.​
+ etc...​
- Give each faction a starting value of say... 100.​
+ Then every time you kill a TygerClaw, your rep with the Maelstrom gang increases by 1.​
+ However, your rep with the Tyger Claws goes down by one.​
+ missions, Assaults in progress, side jobs, etc... on a faction's turf have a bigger effect on this number.​

Similar to Street Cred, higher tiers unlock better goods.
Unlike Street Cred, a lower tier Faction rep may cause additional gangmembers to spawn in during a mission on their turf.

These vendors offer uniquely customized weapons and clothing that cannot be found anywhere else.
For example, if you want a full Maelstrom attire, you better start hunting a lot of Tygers and Valentinos.
It's something extra for players to work towards and focus on through a run.

I don't know if a rep system is hard to implement in this game (I guess it's more than it's a bunch of counters), but it would add a bit of a dynamic to the static world.

Also if having a good relations with one gang id expect them to be friendly, not hostile, towards me.

not sure if you know....
but if you betray the Voodoo Boys, gl trying to buy stuff in Pacifica, because everyone gets hostile towards you
also, there is a Ripperdoc that works with scavs, you can kill him...

what do i mean, there are certain vendors that work for factions, if you mess it up, you remove that vendors

Also if having a good relations with one gang id expect them to be friendly, not hostile, towards me.

Good point.
Rather than reputation all across the board, let's assume that you're only balancing/gathering rep with a black market vendor of said faction.
Making buddies out of the whole Maelstrom gang wouldn't be a feasable thing, so let's stick to one vendor per faction.

not sure if you know....
but if you betray the Voodoo Boys, gl trying to buy stuff in Pacifica, because everyone gets hostile towards you

what do i mean, there are certain vendors that work for factions, if you mess it up, you remove that vendors

Yup, I know, but these things are story related.
It wouldn't be feasible to make such big effects for the freeplay section of the game.

Limiting the faction changes to one extra vendor per gang shouldn't be too hard or punishing.

Would be nice to have a reputation system tied to the factions, fixers and quests but kind of hard to implement after the game has already been shipped without it, kind of need to have such a thing in mind when creating the quests and activities from the ground up.

not sure if you know....

I mean technically they try to kill you twice, so... :shrug:

By hostile, do you mean they have harsh words for you or they don't sell at all?

Top Bottom