A Few Concerns About This Game

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I played all the Witchers and have had a strong affinity for CDPR over the years, but a few things got me wondering.

1) We were shown footage that contained features before the pre-orders went online. Things like wall running, subways, and others. Over a year ago and a good 8 years after the game was announced.
2) Yet now we are told those things are actually not in the game. And dates are pushed back.
3) Maybe the release date was always going to be this November, but to keep the hype train moving and pre-orders coming in, they planned to delay it a few times so people wouldn't get discouraged. No one would question this as it looks like normal game delays. Except that people are pre-ordering it based on footage and features announced.
4) Now we're told awesome features that had plenty of time to be developed are gone.
5) The other thing that worries me is the game engine was obviously developed since 8 years ago, yet some of the footage and animations look very dated, so I'm concerned the technology used will be "old" by today's standards. Maybe that is why some features had to drop. But one wonders.

So it appears we will get a lesser version of CP2077 than what CDPR imagined. Maybe it was bad planning on their part even when they said "it will be released when it's done."

Did they just not know how much work they had left after 8 years of development? I don't think so. That doesn't sound like them at all.

There are already various similar threads floating around (e.g. this one). Incidentally, a lack of a central topic makes it difficult to have a proper discussion.

Closing this thread as a duplicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom