A Few Ideas on How The Game Could Flow

+
I love everything about the game with one exception. The contrast between an open world game and the storyline that you are about to die don't make a lot of sense to me, specially with more content on the way.
So, as I was chatting with some friends, I came up with a few ideas about how the two concepts could work together.

CP2077 Redesign:
- There is a 7 days time limit.
- During those 7 days, specific events/quests will happen at specific times.
- On the 7th day there is a showdown and you either die or move on to the post-game

- Post-game content is dependent on the decisions you made during core game (i.e. got certain ending, managed to rescue an NPC)
- Post-game can be treated as live service with new content that takes core game decisions in consideration.
- DLC will be adapted to take decisions from core game in consideration, with new post-dlc content added after conclusion.

- Player created content. Once the player finishes the core game he gets the option to make their own quest and share with the community.

What do you guys think? Would this work?

The story of Cyberpunk 2077 takes on a theme of urgency and self-sacrifice before 'your' consciousness is wiped out, or arguably your neural system is taken over irreversibly, so we are put on a roller coaster ride and arguably get subtly influenced by Silverhand's personality - since he comments on virtually everything even on quest journals!

This takes away a bit from those of us who expected a more open-ended, self-paced adventure much like the Fallout or Elder Scroll games, which is another extreme where unless you do something, the game world is essentially, completely static.

I think a Post-V open-ended timeline based on the player's choices would be a very interesting proposition for a future version of Night City where you are an experienced merc no longer chained to a timer, and also bring in possibility to use the skills and choices found in the original TT source. Why constrain the player to being a solo? Allow players to live down and dirty in Night City, design their own quests using the Fixers and factions in place, generally make it an endless dynamic universe with periodic content injections or self-customization options.

Allow players to buy / own / trade property and vehicles, recruit companions and 'operators' off the street with their own customizable gang (ala Necromunda? Mafia games?) and send them on randomized jobs. Maybe make a living doing the things you're not allowed to do in the stock game, be a 'garbologist' getting rich on improving city services, offering social service and street justice to the poor, become a Trauma Team operator?

A lot of these seem to point towards an MMO adaptation but I don't want that... more like a New Game + that starts after the main storyline is completed. One without a timer and allows you to slowly build a persistent reputation within NC.

Hmm, I wouldn't mind having a dollhouse lol

The idea of the time limit is the issue I have with the main storyline.

At the end of the day, there is no time limit. You are reminded that you are dying only every once in a while, meanwhile you spend hours and hours doing side stuff. So the time you have left is irrelevant, it can be anything between 3 and 200 hours. And once DLC comes out, the time limit will be even longer.

I like that it's a big city with lots of things to see and to do. But it makes no sense to be doing all that if you are supposed to be dying. Thus my idea of a reinforced time limit came to be.

I like that it's a big city with lots of things to see and to do. But it makes no sense to be doing all that if you are supposed to be dying. Thus my idea of a reinforced time limit came to be.
You have to keep in mind that V have "few weeks" to live or at least, to find a solution (according to Viktor). So it could be 2 or 8 weeks, it's intentionally vague.
A full day in-game equal about 4 hours IRL of playing. So if I take 4 weeks remainings (to take a "middle number"), it's about 110 hours of playing IRL... In 110hours, you have time to finish the whole game easily.

I wonder if this topic is gonna end up open for all missing features and I am sorry if i got it wrong but the main limits to me are

- the empty world
- the dumb AI
- the useless clothing system related to the story and to the missions (no reactions to anything). This is the core of the old paper rpg game

I love everything about the game with one exception. The contrast between an open world game and the storyline that you are about to die don't make a lot of sense to me, specially with more content on the way.
So, as I was chatting with some friends, I came up with a few ideas about how the two concepts could work together.

CP2077 Redesign:
- There is a 7 days time limit.
- During those 7 days, specific events/quests will happen at specific times.
- On the 7th day there is a showdown and you either die or move on to the post-game

- Post-game content is dependent on the decisions you made during core game (i.e. got certain ending, managed to rescue an NPC)
- Post-game can be treated as live service with new content that takes core game decisions in consideration.
- DLC will be adapted to take decisions from core game in consideration, with new post-dlc content added after conclusion.

- Player created content. Once the player finishes the core game he gets the option to make their own quest and share with the community.

What do you guys think? Would this work?

I agree with you. I had the same thought after my first NOMAD playthrough. But a lot must be considered before taking the game into a different direction. I have not finished the CORPO or Streetkid life path. I am aware that all three link to Arasaka. Long story short, many people may not know this but; Mike Pondsmith mentioned that not all of Silverhand's memories may be accurate. That may be one of the reasons why we don't see some of the other characters that were mentioned in the lore of Cyberpunk 2077. If this is true, the entire Arasaka events could easily be written off as some sort of REPO MEN(2009) ending.

Getting back to your post; I'd really like to see CDPR craft a campaign that separates itself from the Arasaka campaign. There has to be a lot more going on in Night City, that follows Militech, Night Corp, etc. There is so much story left to be told. If you take that into consideration; I'd say that it's time for CDPR to add distinguishing campaign differences to each of the three life paths. If we're focused primarily on V; I'd like to say that the story should pick up after she obtains access to the luxury apartment. In my opinion this gives the player a rewarding feel for the hard work they put in during their first playthrough. Seeing a richer V, use the VIP entrance at Lizzy's Bar felt better. Having a stronger relationship with the Mox could take the game in a interesting direction. Being able to visit Lizzy's Bar to inquire info and make new contacts would give the game more depth. Not only that, but if your talking CORPO, V could easily throw down some eddies and help the Mox out. Owning a percentage of the club, gives V another source of income.

In parallel to all this, we can also discuss the current state of Night City. A lot of player questions surfaced as to why we didn't have access to certain facilities and areas of Night City. The easy answer to that, probably had a lot to do with the deadline of the game. Rather than leaving it in such a rough state; CDPR could easily fill these holes in by creating a brief backstory. I'd like to pretend that the subway system was not accessible due to a financial/political issue that Night City was having with the private corporations. In reality, if the game were to relaunch, gamers could benefit from having a fully explorable subway system that exposes you to the underground life of Night City. More side stories and scarier encounters await you.

Top Bottom