A few Lore/Book Questions. {Maybe Spoilers}

+
A few Lore/Book Questions. {Maybe Spoilers}

I'm trying to get a better understanding of the overall lore of the Witcher. I have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer.

1. Who exactly is The Lodge Of Sorceress? I know that they are powerful Mages but why are they so important?

2. After playing The Witcher 3 no one is happy with Mages/Sorceress. what did they do to piss off everyone?
Radovid made it clear that he can't stand them and I get the Impression that Emyhr Isn't to happy with them either.

3. If Duny and Emyhr is the same person why was his name changed for the game?

3. I read somewhere that in the books Ciri ran away from Emyhr/duny when she was young, is that true if so why did she run away?

4. How did Grealt & Yennefer end up with the Wild Hunt?

5. How did Grealt & Yennefer escape the Wild Hunt?

6. In the book after Ciri & Grealt first meet Grealt leaves her with the Druid. How did Ciri meet Grealt again after he 1st left her?

7. Is Ermion the druid that Grealt left Ciri with?

8. What happened to Ciri's Grandmother?

9. What was Ciri's fate in the Books?

10. Did Grealt die in the books?

I'm trying to get a better understanding of the overall lore of the Witcher. I have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer.

1. Who exactly is The Lodge Of Sorceress? I know that they are powerful Mages but why are they so important?
It's a lodge of sorceresses from all over the world who worked in secret for the sole purpose to promote magic and to do the best thing for all mankind - in their eyes.

2. After playing The Witcher 3 no one is happy with Mages/Sorceress. what did they do to piss off everyone?
Radovid made it clear that he can't stand them and I get the Impression that Emyhr Isn't to happy with them either.
The lodge participated in the assassination of Northern kings like Demawend and Foltest, done by Letho in TW2. The original order came from Emhyr and Nilfgaard but Letho used the lodge in order to be able to blame them later. Philippa is also suspected to have killed Radovid's father, the former king of Redania. Philippa's goal and the goal of the lodge was to strengthen the power of magic and to create a "safe" state for non-humans in upper Aedirn with Saskia at command (see TW2 story for more information).

3. If Duny and Emyhr is the same person why was his name changed for the game?
Duny was his alias which he used while he was exiled from Nilfgaard and cursed. Nobody knew that he was the exiled hair of the Nilfgaardian throne while he played Duny in Cintra. And he wants it to keep it that way. He transformed back to Emhyr once he staged his death in Cintra (while he killed his wife, Ciri's mother...) and reclaimed his throne in Nilfgaard.

3. I read somewhere that in the books Ciri ran away from Emyhr/duny when she was young, is that true if so why did she run away?
No, Ciri was hidden on Skellige by Pavetta, her mother, because she and probably Calanthe, her grandmother and the queen of Cintra, had a bad feeling before that boat trip in which Emhry disappeared and Pavetta died (the boat incident was actually staged to kidnap Ciri).

4. How did Grealt & Yennefer end up with the Wild Hunt?
The Wild Hunt searched for Ciri and Geralt and Yennefer seemed a pretty good target to get information. So they achieved to kidnap Yen. Geralt traded himself in in order to get Yen released.

5. How did Grealt & Yennefer escape the Wild Hunt?
It's pretty much the direct prologue to TW2. Just look it up on youtube, there should be a video about that from TW2.

6. In the book after Ciri & Grealt first meet Grealt leaves her with the Druid. How did Ciri meet Grealt again after he 1st left her?
Long story tbh. After Cintra fall in the war with Nilfgaard Ciri was rescued by Cahir and left back at a merchant's wife in the surrounding area who adopted her. Geralt met this travelling merchant on the road and got wounded during defending him. For saving his life the merchant promised him to give him something that awaits at home and which he doesn't know ("child of surprise"). When they get back to his house the child of suprise turns out to be Ciri.

7. Is Ermion the druid that Grealt left Ciri with?
Yes, they changed his name. It was Mousesack in the books.

8. What happened to Ciri's Grandmother?
She was killed during Nilfgaard's invasion of Cintra.

9. What was Ciri's fate in the Books?
More or less completely open. She kind of disappeared together with Yennefer and Geralt at the end of the books.

10. Did Grealt die in the books?
Yes and no. Both interpretations are possible. He definitely died but people still discuss whether Ciri was able to reanimate him while using the magical powers of a unicorn. The game ends before things could be clarified so it's pretty much up to one's personal imagination.

It's a lodge of sorceresses from all over the world who worked in secret for the sole purpose to promote magic and to do the best thing for all mankind - in their eyes.

The lodge participated in the assassination of Northern kings like Demawend and Foltest, done by Letho in TW2. The original order came from Emhyr and Nilfgaard but Letho used the lodge in order to be able to blame them later. Philippa is also suspected to have killed Radovid's father, the former king of Redania. Philippa's goal and the goal of the lodge was to strengthen the power of magic and to create a "safe" state for non-humans in upper Aedirn with Saskia at command (see TW2 story for more information).

Duny was his alias which he used while he was exiled from Nilfgaard and cursed. Nobody knew that he was the exiled hair of the Nilfgaardian throne while he played Duny in Cintra. And he wants it to keep it that way. He transformed back to Emhyr once he staged his death in Cintra (while he killed his wife, Ciri's mother...) and reclaimed his throne in Nilfgaard.

No, Ciri was hidden on Skellige by Pavetta, her mother, because she and probably Calanthe, her grandmother and the queen of Cintra, had a bad feeling before that boat trip in which Emhry disappeared and Pavetta died (the boat incident was actually staged to kidnap Ciri).

The Wild Hunt searched for Ciri and Geralt and Yennefer seemed a pretty good target to get information. So they achieved to kidnap Yen. Geralt traded himself in in order to get Yen released.

It's pretty much the direct prologue to TW2. Just look it up on youtube, there should be a video about that from TW2.

Long story tbh. After Cintra fall in the war with Nilfgaard Ciri was rescued by Cahir and left back at a merchant's wife in the surrounding area who adopted her. Geralt met this travelling merchant on the road and got wounded during defending him. For saving his life the merchant promised him to give him something that awaits at home and which he doesn't know ("child of surprise"). When they get back to his house the child of suprise turns out to be Ciri.

Yes, they changed his name. It was Mousesack in the books.

She was killed during Nilfgaard's invasion of Cintra.

More or less completely open. She kind of disappeared together with Yennefer and Geralt at the end of the books.

Yes and no. Both interpretations are possible. He definitely died but people still discuss whether Ciri was able to reanimate him while using the magical powers of a unicorn. The game ends before things could be clarified so it's pretty much up to one's personal imagination.

If the gentleman could shed some light on the White Frost too, it will be most kind of the gentleman.

If the gentleman could shed some light on the White Frost too, it will be most kind of the gentleman.

In the books the White Frost is a natural phenomenom / a new ice age. It's not a "magic force" that can be defeaten!
That's definately(!) going to happen, but it's gonna take about 3000 years until that and it only affects the "Witcher World" (not the Aen Elle one). Ciri's child was supposed to be able to open the "Great Gate" in order to evacuate all people from the world (elves, dwarfs, even humans).

Maybe this could clarify some of your questions -> http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-spoilers!!!?p=1761767&viewfull=1#post1761767

Although I admit that it might rise more questions than it answers. There are theories about the nature of the White Frost in the game that differ from the one in the books floating around here. One person speculated that the White Frost is not a natural phenomenon at all but the "cold" in people's hearts that manifestated in the heart's of the Wild Hunt (hence their "icy appearance"). Without further clarification (and the game doesn't really clarify much) that's just speculation though. ;)

The lodge participated in the assassination of Northern kings like Demawend and Foltest, done by Letho in TW2.
Lodge didn't have anything to do with Foltest's assassination, only blame was put on Philppa. That was completely on Letho and Emyhr weakening North for up coming Nilfgaard invasion.

Lodge didn't have anything to do with Foltest's assassination, only blame was put on Philppa. That was completely on Letho and Emyhr weakening North for up coming Nilfgaard invasion.

You're right. They just participated in Demawend's assassination. Sorry for the wrong wording.

Both Radovid and Emhyr also have personal reasons to dislike sorcerers: Radovid because Philipa raised him very poorly and Emhyr because a sorcerer cursed him to be a hedgehog creature.

Top Bottom