A few months of patching away from Greatness!

+
Wooow, chooms! This game kicks!

Aside from the technical problems that the game had at launch - which I think are understandable, as the gaming community was too anxious to wait another half year, for you to have had the time to polish it up (pun intended :)) - I think this game is AMAZING!
I had my doubts, I gotta admit, since the hype was soooo great, that it wouldn't live up to the expectations.
And at first, I thought: S..t! They actually dissappointed - they rolled out an unfinished game with bad optimization and lots of bugs.
But then, I got into it, playing. And then, after a while, I started LIVING the game. It's that good. The story is IMMERSIVE as HELL! Night City is REAL, is Believable, is AWESOME! You can get absorbed into the feel of the city, the crowds, people with their lives, from the future!
I LOVE IT!

I know it can be improved, tweaked, optimized more, but I also know that we're talking about CD Project Red here, so I am chill about it, because I know you guys will handle it flawlessly. I'm also a realist, and don't expect actual changes to the game, like added mechanics, like a LOT of users suggest around here. It can't be done guys. You cannot simply add (for example) new physics to the game (as someone said to make it like GTA), without parking the game for at least 1 - 1 and 1/2 years.
But some stuff is possible, and I'm sure it's already on CD Project Red's list of add-ons/improvements:
> Barbershop, Tattoo Shop
> More clothing diversity
> More weapons diversity
> A way to fix the lack of a flashlight - there are at least 2 areas, in the missions, where you NEED a flashlight 'cause you can't see s..t!
> Headlights that light up the path more - now you can barely tell they're on

I would like this to turn into a franchise - then you can actually expect more mechanics and stuff like:
> More lewdness like: when you walk through Jig-Jig, you should be able to slap a chick's behind; be able to experience BD's; romance some of the side-story npc's
> Night vision and flashlight
> It's called NIGHT CITY, not VICE CITY - there's too much day time and nice, clear weather. I imagined it more gloomy, more polluted atmo', like fog and more rainy days and more cloudy.
> On the same topic as above, but I think it's more important - More NIGHT! the night time should take up more of the 24 hours.
> Ankle deep flooded areas (I'm not using Ghost in the Shell/Blade Runner as a reference), longer nights, flooding, pollution, fog - according to Scientists TODAY - these will happen in the very near future (considering that World Powers will not do enough to prevent it)
> Indeed more complex Physics
> Flying cars - Dude, this should have been included! I know it's almost impossible to make it work so that it is a free mechanic, like normal driving, but at least some kind of TAXI's.

But I see all these as Extra. The game as it is (not considering the fixes that it needs and will undoubtedly happen) is A LOT! and it is AWESOME!

Thank you CD Project Red for being the cool dudes that you are, and for this MASTERPIECE!
Humble, greatful bow!

Chill on the expectations dude... The Witcher 3 is done and it still has some issues. All games have. You can't expect a perfect game... But I'm sure that in, as Hexipoo said, "under 12 months", the game will be mostly free of annoying bugs.

Bugs don't bother me at all. Even if those all are patched the game is far from being great with this level of interactions and mechanics.

Bugs don't bother me at all. Even if those all are patched the game is far from being great with this level of interactions and mechanics.

Yup, but I play on PC with a 2080 so I have next to no technical issues apart from the rare glitches like floating items, nothing major. But can you imagine if you bought the game on a paperweight, went home, booted it up and had a 10FPS slideshow on your hands, would you care about lack of prostitutes when NPCs look like pixel goo?

Look, I agree it should be deeper immersion with more interaction, more developed enviro and more diverse npc's. But you can't have all...
I'd like to be able to start short conversations with most npc's, and get into more buildings, shops and so on. But this isn't a life sim. You can't build up a game indefinitely - see Star Citizen.

Yup, but I play on PC with a 2080 so I have next to no technical issues apart from the rare glitches like floating items, nothing major. But can you imagine if you bought the game on a paperweight, went home, booted it up and had a 10FPS slideshow on your hands, would you care about lack of prostitutes when NPCs look like pixel goo?
They don't bother me at all because I know most of them will be fixed. Missing content on the other hand may never be delivered.

PS I also play on PC and didn't encounter any game breaking bugs yet but maybe because I haven't played that much of main story yet.

I'm really happy that the OP is enjoying the game, but I don't get how Night City - away from the rails - can be called immersive. Every bar and restaurant has the exact same menu, every food and drink grants the exact same status effect. Last night the bartender at Red Dirt talked up an exclusive dish called "Ribs ala Silverhand" - but you can't buy it... his inventory is the exact same as every other place in town. Want to grab a drink at "Lizzy's" - same inventory, and you can't even drink from the purchase screen. Buy, inventory, backpack, drink.

I've walked these streets for hours - literally, because the game is so short. The world building is amazing, but it's a mile wide and an inch deep.

Look, I agree it should be deeper immersion with more interaction, more developed enviro and more diverse npc's. But you can't have all...
I'd like to be able to start short conversations with most npc's, and get into more buildings, shops and so on. But this isn't a life sim. You can't build up a game indefinitely - see Star Citizen.

I don't need all and definitely not something which is not doable. The game simply lack many obvious things that we have seen already in the gaming history.

I agree. I'm already having a blast with the game, as if I'm not playing the same game with other people.
Very few minor bugs, awesome story and quests, and an INCREDIBLE city just to explore. I'm 80 hours in and I don't think I'll stop soon.

I don't need all and definitely not something which is not doable. The game simply lack many obvious things that we have seen already in the gaming history.
Yeah but I honestly don't think you can just mix them up all together... I dunno, maybe I'm too hyped that I'm finally able to ride the streets of Night City, that I don't mind the lack of MORE STUFF...
Post automatically merged:

I think I've already seen flying cars. Unintentional probably
I mean ones that you can use. At least as a Taxi service, if the mechanics of actually controlling them are too complex.

Guys, think about this: It is not a Life Sim. The world around you is meant to be background. You're not supposed to play for hundreds of hours just interacting with random npc's and getting into clubs and restaurants. Maybe in a future edition, or a next Cyberpunk they'll do it so. That's how I see it.

Last edited:
Look, i understand that you probably have a huge spec pc or even a next gen console, but, you can't ignore the atrocity that this game was in the last gen consoles and low spec pc's. They worked on the game since 2012!! 2012!! It's really unplayable on my PS4! 10 fps! hundreds of bugs! crashs! It's impossible to enjoy the game. And apart of that, if you really played different open world games, you know that this game isn't a masterpiece, isn't a very good game. It is mediocre. Comparing this game to a GTA4/5, RDR2, Horizon, Spiderman, Ghost of Tsushima, ASSASINS CREED (that has a lot of problems) and even The Witcher 3, it is mindblowing calling CP2077 a very good game.

So much hype and marketing for this mediocre game it is really disappoint because this was (on people's, developers mouth) *THE BEST GAME OF THE GENERATION* THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME* THE GAME THAT WILL CHANGE THE GAMING INDUSTRY* and so much more.
CDProjectRed since 2018 saying in the social media that this game will work perfect on every console.Saying that this game will release when its finished. Look what's going on.

Just another mediocre game, overhyped from some clowns, this is not a next gen game, not even close.

Look, i understand that you probably have a huge spec pc or even a next gen console, but, you can't ignore the atrocity that this game was in the last gen consoles and low spec pc's. They worked on the game since 2012!! 2012!! It's really unplayable on my PS4! 10 fps! hundreds of bugs! crashs! It's impossible to enjoy the game. And apart of that, if you really played different open world games, you know that this game isn't a masterpiece, isn't a very good game. It is mediocre. Comparing this game to a GTA4/5, RDR2, Horizon, Spiderman, Ghost of Tsushima, ASSASINS CREED (that has a lot of problems) and even The Witcher 3, it is mindblowing calling CP2077 a very good game.

So much hype and marketing for this mediocre game it is really disappoint because this was (on people's, developers mouth) *THE BEST GAME OF THE GENERATION* THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME* THE GAME THAT WILL CHANGE THE GAMING INDUSTRY* and so much more.
CDProjectRed since 2018 saying in the social media that this game will work perfect on every console.Saying that this game will release when its finished. Look what's going on.

Just another mediocre game, overhyped from some clowns, this is not a next gen game, not even close.
I'm not arguing, but didn't they fix last gen with the patch?
I'm aware of all the issues and misses that all of you are saying, but I'm trying to also see the positive side.
And they scored points, with me, with their latest statement - offering refunding for those who don't wanna wait for the fixing...

I actually run a GTX 1080 and can play the game only on high (not ultra) with 2k res. (I'm gonna buy the PS5 when they're in stock next year so I'm not going to upgrade my card) But I'm aware that graphics in this game are pretty high, especially considering that they made it with RTX in mind...

Guys, think about this: It is not a Life Sim. The world around you is meant to be background. You're not supposed to play for hundreds of hours just interacting with random npc's and getting into clubs and restaurants. Maybe in a future edition, or a next Cyberpunk they'll do it so. That's how I see it.

It should be a life sim. Not one with perfect fidelity, but one that can trick you for a few hours at a time into thinking it's more than just code. The world should not just be background, it should be something you feel a part of, that it goes on with or without you in it. Otherwise why do more than just stationary 2d cardboard cutouts of other people? Because it would break immersion, that's why. Immersion is what we all strive for in a game like this, you are just willing to accept a very low fidelity immersion. I'm not, I want the highest fidelity modern tech can provide. I'd easily pay $250 for this game if it delivered everything CDPR promised or hinted at.

It should be a life sim. Not one with perfect fidelity, but one that can trick you for a few hours at a time into thinking it's more than just code. The world should not just be background, it should be something you feel a part of, that it goes on with or without you in it. Otherwise why do more than just stationary 2d cardboard cutouts of other people? Because it would break immersion, that's why. Immersion is what we all strive for in a game like this, you are just willing to accept a very low fidelity immersion. I'm not, I want the highest fidelity modern tech can provide. I'd easily pay $250 for this game if it delivered everything CDPR promised or hinted at.
Maybe they'll learn from this and do better. They're not Rockstar, but I think the devs and the game has the potential to reach that. I think the game is Awesome 'cause of how it looks and that they managed to do it better than Deus Ex.

I'm not arguing, but didn't they fix last gen with the patch?
I'm aware of all the issues and misses that all of you are saying, but I'm trying to also see the positive side.
And they scored points, with me, with their latest statement - offering refunding for those who don't wanna wait for the fixing...

I actually run a GTX 1080 and can play the game only on high (not ultra) with 2k res. (I'm gonna buy the PS5 when they're in stock next year so I'm not going to upgrade my card) But I'm aware that graphics in this game are pretty high, especially considering that they made it with RTX in mind...

So are you telling me that the way they wrote to the community is correct?
CDProjectRed said that we could request a refund of the game without even having an agreement with sony or microsoft to do it ahah
Once again throwing sand in people's eyes. Trying to distract people.

So are you telling me that the way they wrote to the community is correct?
CDProjectRed said that we could request a refund of the game without even having an agreement with sony or microsoft to do it ahah
Once again throwing sand in people's eyes. Trying to distract people.
That is official statement. It should be true. Give it a go, if you will, test is. :)

Top Bottom