A few Wild Hunt minor card tweaks suggestions.

+
The wild hunt seems to be in a pretty decent place right now (even though it's not tier 1) but a few minor changes might change that. My ideas are:

1. Wild Hunt Hound - change the provision to 4 point instead of 5
2. Wild Hunt Warrior - change the provision to 5 and make the ability: damage a unit by 2 dominance damage it by 4 instead.
3. Wild Hunt Navigator - change provision to 5 and make the ability: boost a unit by 2 dominance boost it by 4 instead
4. Nagalfar's Crew - give it 1-2 points of armor so that it won't be so easy to kill
5. Imlerith. Now this card needs a bit more love because it synergizes better with swarm decks rather than WH ones. My suggestion would be: Deploy: boost self by 6 (for the dominance aspect of things) and dominance: damage an enemy unit by 7. I'm not 100% sure about the dominance part... there might be a few better options but i thought i'd stick with his current design.
6. Auberon - 1st stage is ok, 2nd stage is ok but for the 3rd stage, why not eliminate the RNG aspect of it? Just make it to: Create and play any bronze WH unit from your starting deck.

The rest of the cards seem ok for the most part... these seem to be the cards that need some love in my opinion. Warrior and Navigator have fallen behind since they haven't been changed from the day they came out so they need some changing to fit the current meta (maybe change the effects all together but these changes seemed the easiest to implement). Hound seems overpriced for what he offers and how easy it is to remove. Nagalfar's Crew is too easy to kill so it's almost useless. Imlerith has very little synergy with WH decks and the dominance effect is extremely situational not to mention the provision cost is far too high for what he offers in WH decks and Auberon is too RNG based to be reliable and that's not ok for a 3rd lvl evolving card.

The trouble with the above is you find you need 4 prov cards most of all, and by making them all 5 prov you're effectively going to end up not using most of them. Your Wild Hunt Hound change might help with this though.

I think your Imlerith might need to come down a bit. At the moment, it would be playing for +13, so it couldn't retain its base power of 7.

I think the worst card of the WH archetype is its Echo card, Ard Gaeth. It's really not worth the 10 provs as it has too many shortfalls, most notably in the short round when it takes one of your valuable redraw slots (see my other thread for all the reasons why).

Well the only 4 prov units in my current WH deck are 2 Aen Elle Conquerers and and 1 WH Warrior so i don't think the provision increase would be a problem for those. And as you mentioned the Hounds would be 4 points so yeah... thought it would make for some good balancing but i'm open to hearing other suggestions for some Warrior and Navigator changes.

As for Imlerith i don't think it's that bad... It would be a WH only thing i think. In consume decks people would much rather run Yghern for it's lower provision cost and higher value with Ozzrel (keep in mind, Imlerith is a 13 point but 6 of those are only a point boost which goes away in graveyard). So it would basically be a WH synergetic Yghern (which i used to have in my WH deck) and considering it's a 13 point for 12 provision doesn't seem that crazy to me.

And the Echo card... sure i guess it would be great if it would be a 9 prov or even 8 but i don't think the devs would go for that.

I like the suggestions for all but 2 and 3. I feel that would make those two too expensive, and the warrior's suggestion would make adda pointless.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I like suggestions 4 and 6, but 2. is a big no-no.
No bronze unit does 4 damage, at least not directly, the dev team made sure of that i think on last summer with NR's overhaul patch.

Ok fair enough. Both of you make some valid points. My suggestions for Warrior and Navigator were simply because i feel like they were left behind a bit with this new expansion and they are a bit weak and unnecessary compared to the other WH cards that were just released.
I'm not sure if that's just me though :p. If you guys agree that they could use some love maybe you can throw in your ideas for improving them? Some nr adjustments or a rework?

Ok fair enough. Both of you make some valid points. My suggestions for Warrior and Navigator were simply because i feel like they were left behind a bit with this new expansion and they are a bit weak and unnecessary compared to the other WH cards that were just released.
I don't feel really that they are unloved, it's just that they are so dominance dependent that it's hard to get full value without a tall unit, which there aren't much if you are trying to play pure WH rather than throwing in some of the gold giants in there. I get more use out of Warrior than I do Navigator for sure being able to KO a 3p order unit before it can trigger.

If I had to rework either it would be Navigator. Something like, deploy boost by 2, dominance boost by 2 and give it shield also.

As for Imlerith: Deploy, boost ally by 4. Dominance damage enemy by 4 as well. I've also thought as a what if kinda thing, giving Imlerith a seize x power unit as a dominance option

Last edited:
I think the biggest issue with WH and MO devotion is the lack of tutors.

Every other faction has a way to tutor their good cards in, with varying limitations.

Blood eagle, amphibious assault, ect.

Naglfar is just not cutting it. And geels is a waste of space. 10 prov to draw 1 card, really?

A simple fix to ard gaeth would be to give it a similar effect to auberon lvl1 on activation.

I think the biggest issue with WH and MO devotion is the lack of tutors.

Every other faction has a way to tutor their good cards in, with varying limitations.

Blood eagle, amphibious assault, ect.

Naglfar is just not cutting it. And geels is a waste of space. 10 prov to draw 1 card, really?

A simple fix to ard gaeth would be to give it a similar effect to auberon lvl1 on activation.

I don't see how spawning a random WH unit would improve Ard Gaeth... just a provision reduction i think would do it.
As for the tutoring part, here's a crazy idea: Maybe they can give the Navigator her beta ability back. You know, the one with "Summon and play a copy of a bronze unit in your hand / field from your deck to the field"

I don't feel really that they are unloved, it's just that they are so dominance dependent that it's hard to get full value without a tall unit, which there aren't much if you are trying to play pure WH rather than throwing in some of the gold giants in there. I get more use out of Warrior than I do Navigator for sure being able to KO a 3p order unit before it can trigger.

If I had to rework either it would be Navigator. Something like, deploy boost by 2, dominance boost by 2 and give it shield also.

As for Imlerith: Deploy, boost ally by 4. Dominance damage enemy by 4 as well. I've also thought as a what if kinda thing, giving Imlerith a seize x power unit as a dominance option

I don't like the "boost an ally" thing because it would be rather hard to get dominance. If you wanna play a WH exclusive deck then you have to take out the giants and WH has no big point cards which means you would have to boost something like Eredin or Nithral or something like that that's a 5 point (maybe you can combo it with Apiarian Phantom but that would be too situational). So Imlerith being the highest WH unit it would make more sense to boost self by 4 to get dominance easier and then damage a unit by 4. Otherwise, you would be better off running Goliath or even Yghern.

I don't like the "boost an ally" thing because it would be rather hard to get dominance.
Understandable. My thinking behind it was you could use that ability to boost the conquerors up to 11, since they'd be a great target for boosting without risking poison or anything like that.

Ah, you're right, i forgot about those and with veil they would be even harder to kill. That's a good point. But the only problem in my opinion is that it would take 2 cards to get the dominance and that's 1 wasted turn in which the opponent can boost another unit and on top of that you only have 2 conquerors in your deck (maybe 3 if you get luck with Auberon) so that makes it even more situational. Boosting self still seems preferable to me but hell, i would take anything over what we have now.

That could work. If you achieve dominance with the first self boost it doesn't really matter if the dominance effect is a damage enemy or boost another unit. I'm down for that xD

I still would love to see some WH units that have seize orders or something like that. It's either they kill you or they take you with them to join the hunt.

Trying and falling to make good WH deck, but echo card is good enough if u draw her first round, average 10points damage+synergy, using in 2rounds is pretty ok for me.The problem is tutor, WH desperately need this type of card, pls CDPR.

Auberon is another weak card, he is joke depending to Harald, create wh bronze is RNG fest, almost half of my games i got useless WH bronze unit, begin to thinking about cut him from deck, but he is so cool to cutting.

Frozen queen thrive ability is not good conected with WH, it just force some hybrid decks to exist, they better change this to +1 damage in frost, and this will be small buff she need.

Eredin is not good enough for legendary, need small buff maby -1 provisions, because +1power will make him out from most removels range.

Last edited:
Untill now, wild hunt is my second best performing deck after Harald´s warriors. To my mind there´s no real need to improve them as they are currently really strong.

To your suggestions:

1. Wild Hunt Hound - change the provision to 4 point instead of 5
It´s a normal 5 provision engine card comparable to Thirsty dame, Drowner, Nauzicaa sergeant. To my mind one could argue to increase its strength to 4 as most of these 5 provision 1 engine have a basic strength of (or 2 + 2 dmg)

2. Wild Hunt Warrior - change the provision to 5 and make the ability: damage a unit by 2 dominance damage it by 4 instead.
Would not alter it. Would be almost similiar to Adda Striga and way to strong for a bronze. It´s a decent 4 provision card giving a sure value of 4 and a potential value of 6 in case of dominance.

And geels is a waste of space. 10 prov to draw 1 card, really?

3. Wild Hunt Navigator - change provision to 5 and make the ability: boost a unit by 2 dominance boost it by 4 instead
Would not alter it. Would be way to strong for a bronze.

4. Nagalfar's Crew - give it 1-2 points of armor so that it won't be so easy to kill
This might be arguable. It´s a 5 point engine comparable to wild hunt.

5. Imlerith. Now this card needs a bit more love because it synergizes better with swarm decks rather than WH ones. My suggestion would be: Deploy: boost self by 6 (for the dominance aspect of things) and dominance: damage an enemy unit by 7. I'm not 100% sure about the dominance part... there might be a few better options but i thought i'd stick with his current design.
Would also change it. I dropped him from my wild hunt deck as he does not appear to add value.
To my mind it would be fun to take much more into account his character in the game of Witcher 3. As he is a general of the Wild Hunt it would be fun that he interacts with the other wild hunt generals. Maybe as follows (strength 7, provisions 12):
- If Eredin Breacc Glas is allied: Add one frost to a random row. Dominance: Add one frost to a row of your choice
- If Nithral is allied: deal 2 damage to a random unit. Dominance: deal 2 damage to a unit of your choice
- If Caranthir ar-Feiniel is allied: seize one random enemy ´bronze unit with the lowest provision and reduce its value to 1 Dominance: Seize one random enemy bronze unit with the lowest provision

Don´t think that it is to strong. His base value is 7. Eredin and Nithral would add an additional value of 2 and Caranthirs ability probably of 4. However it´s difficult that you have all 3 characters in your hand and in play when you play Imlerith. It´s very probable that they are killed before.

6. Auberon - 1st stage is ok, 2nd stage is ok but for the 3rd stage, why not eliminate the RNG aspect of it? Just make it to: Create and play any bronze WH unit from your starting deck.
Would change that. You always get great cards from Auberon and that would be to strong

And geels is a waste of space. 10 prov to draw 1 card, really?

Yes, this card is a bad joke and not fitting at all to the geels we now from witcher 3. Maybe change him as follows taking into account his special connection to Eredin. ("In 1272, in order to weaken Eredin, Avallac'h and Geralt travelled to Tir ná Lia in order to find Ge'els and convince him to break his support from Eredin, by revealing that Eredin murdered King Auberon, whom Ge'els admired. https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Ge'els"
Would change it like this: (strength 2: provision 10)
Eredin Breacc Glas is allied: On turn end, Summon this unit from your deck to a random allied row. Damage Eredin Breacc Glas by the half and boost all allied wild hunt units by one.

Last edited:
Ok that's 1 long post so i won't quote you on each point instead i'll just go 1,2,3 etc. You'll know which is which.

1. That's not even close to being the same. Dame,Drowner,Nauzicaa can get 2-3 or even more triggers of their ability in 1 turn given the right circumstances while the hound is stuck to +1 per turn (and that's only IF you have dominance) so yeah, far from being comparable.

2. Read a few posts back. It's already been discussed.

3. Again, a point that has been made already by a person before you.

4. There is nothing to argue. He really is way too easy to remove and almost never gets a chance to grow in power and therefor is almost never used (or if he is he's only used for the frost aspect which doesn't justify the 5 provisions of the card).

5. I also removed Imlerith from my deck for the same reason but your suggestion would kill the card completely. No card should be dependent on another for it's effect especially not another gold card.

6. It would simply remove the RNG. Basically get him in line with the other Evolving cards sooo... how is that too strong?

7. Yes Ge'els needs either a provision reduction or a rework.

Auberon could just tutor a bronze wild hunt unit from your deck I suppose, to make it less random. I agree the old WH units have fallen behind a bit, I think wild hunt hound shouldnt be a 4 but rather have 1 armor maybe (similar to drummer). warrior and navigator could imo have 4 base power to compensate, the condition for it to be a 6 currently is too easily challenged by the opponent and this card can quickly end up being a 4. or change it to: if frost is on the row damage by 3/if frost is on an enemy row, boost allied unit by 3, that would be a condition you are able to meet reliably.

and I kind of disagree with naglfar crew being too weak. even if your opponent removes it it you still have 2 turns of frost. plus if the opponent removes it it's one removal tool less he has for other units. I wouldnt even expect this to live.

I think WH would benefit most from a naglfar tutor. not sure this is a good idea but right now I dont know what speaks against making tutors "draw a *faction* special card from your deck"?

Top Bottom