A first glimpse at the expansions

+
So what will be the suggested level for the quests for this expansion, pre-end game of 25-30, or post end game of 35+?

hopefully, the patch 1.07 will eradicate the level-requirement

What does that mean eradicate the level requirement. I was talking about the level of enemies you'd face in those quest. Are they going to be 25-30 pre-end game, or are they going to be 35+ and expected to be done by a post-endgame Geralt.

I hope they are post game so we can level up further with harder enemies. There is no point if its integrated into game. More content means we are more overleveled for quest.

If its not they shouldnt Called expansions. Expansion in all games should Continue where we left. And build our characters further.

Do we know if Expansions will be available as downloadable content only or maybe also in the form of Boxed DVD (which I prefer),

Still keeping my fingers crossed for Saskia and Iorveth!

You can't imagine how much I wish for that.

I mean helloooooo, did anyone forget that there is a DRAGON out there who MIGHT still be controlled? I mean we had references to Phillipa in TW3. Why not bring Iorveth and Saskia in, something must have happened back there. Also we found the dagger at the end of TW2. (well I did) and saved Iorveth.

I wouldn't complain one bit about having a new VIzima to explore, but nothing in their description seems to suggest so

Vizima 2.0 would be amazing. Ahhh the nostalgia of seeing Vizima again....

Talking about Kalkstein i didn't understand why Geralt doesnt seem to remember him at all in TW3.

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet, since I have 7 more pages of the thread to read through (I'm late to the game on this one, apparently), but Geralt DEFINITELY remembers Kalkstein and even asks about him in fact. I forget who he asks, but he's told...

Kalkstein was burned at the stake right before Geralt arrives in Novigrad. But he went out like a champ. When the flames consumed him, fireworks went up spelling out "Radovid sucks flaccid cock!"

Honestly, that one little line made me love Kalkstein even more. The Detective from TW1 was mentioned as well, though I'll let you guys find that. :)

---------- Updated at 07:04 AM ----------

Just my opinion, based on others games that have nothing to do with The Witcher series or CDPR, but in the past when I've gotten expansions, they have been a continuation of a game after the ending. DLC is all integrated into the main story, but "Expansions" took place afterward. Take Dragon Age: Origins, for example. They had some DLC that went into the game world, some DLC advertised as "stand-alone adventures" and then an "expansion" called Awakening that was an entirely new game that took place after the game finished.

Personally, I don't really care how they do it. If it's integrated into the main game (doubtful, in my opinion) I'll start yet another playthrough to do it right. If not, well, I've got 2 end-game Geralts ready to go.

And on the subject of Saskia and Iorveth and them showing up, it would be fantastic. I was mostly an Iorveth/Saskia guy in TW2, and I felt like I was pushed into the Roche side while playing TW3. Come to think of it, I really think far more choices we made in the first two games should show some impact in TW3. Anyway, has anyone confirmed or dispelled the rumor that Iorveth was cut from the main game, and that he was supposedly part of ...

the quest with Roche, Dijkstra, and Thaler?

I still think Kalkstein shouldn't have died. Or at least he should have died on-screen not off-screen.

Well, there is the hope CDPR brings him in one of the expansions and explains his "burning" as being the wrong guy getting burned.

I still think Kalkstein shouldn't have died. Or at least he should have died on-screen not off-screen.

Well, there is the hope CDPR brings him in one of the expansions and explains his "burning" as being the wrong guy getting burned.

No way - PLEASE don't get rid of "Radovid sucks flaccid cock". It made me remember Kalkstein the way he should have been remembered: as a weird looking bad ass.

Has it been mentioned how much each expansion will cost? I don't mind paying £6.99 or something but I've paid more for expansions that basically gave 1 hour of gameplay and NOTHING was added to the game. At least this sounds worth it....

No way - PLEASE don't get rid of "Radovid sucks flaccid cock". It made me remember Kalkstein the way he should have been remembered: as a weird looking bad ass.

Idk, I just say it's sad. I loved the carzy guy who always got lost in thought, had a high pitched voice and gnomish ancestors. I hoped he'd return in some way.

Has it been mentioned how much each expansion will cost? I don't mind paying £6.99 or something but I've paid more for expansions that basically gave 1 hour of gameplay and NOTHING was added to the game. At least this sounds worth it....

25$ for both or 30$ if you get them separately or after release.
The expansions will approximately have 10 hours of gameplay for the first and 20+ hours and a new area for the second, so I wouldn't worry about the content.

Don't know if it has been mentioned, but I just noticed that the "Man of Glass" in Hearts of Stone should be the guy from White Orchard inn who told you about Yennefer. (Gaunter O'dim?) He referred to himself as the man of glass. I've always found his presence in White Orchard weird; it seems there will be more story behind him after all.

Don't know if it has been mentioned, but I just noticed that the "Man of Glass" in Hearts of Stone should be the guy from White Orchard inn who told you about Yennefer. (Gaunter O'dim?) He referred to himself as the man of glass. I've always found his presence in White Orchard weird; it seems there will be more story behind him after all.

Yep! Noticed that when first playing. "Oh man - they're setting up the expansions ALREADY! Awesome!"

I may get the pass then. Seems reasonable!
To me personally it is very reasonable.
The expansions add 30-40 hours of gameplay, which can basically be considered a full game of its own. There is also a whole new region of Toussaint that we get to explore. These days developer release 6 hour game for 60$, and they even go as far as releasing 2 hour demos for 40$. So paying 25$ for so much content sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
AND CDPR said that the expansions combined are going to be almost as big as the Witcher 2, and I trust them since they have not disappointed me as a fan who has been with them since Witcher 1.

Idk, I just say it's sad. I loved the carzy guy who always got lost in thought, had a high pitched voice and gnomish ancestors. I hoped he'd return in some way.

Agreed. I loved him too. And the other memorable guys from TW1. Was excited Thaler came back, though bummed I couldn't get out and out sloshed with him again. It's too bad not more of our save game choices mattered. I'd have loved even some differing dialogues depending on what I did with Thaler and everyone else.

Top Bottom