Scryar

Forum veteran
A first glimpse at the expansions

Shani:wub:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/68479/

Last edited:

Scryar

Forum veteran
I found it on the Witcher subreddit. Trying to find the orignal source (hopefully it's no fake)
Edit: Original source is steam, so it's legit.

Last edited:
I wonder... will you be able to play these expansions in the post-main-quest game world, or will you have to start a new game?

I wonder... will you be able to play these expansions in the post-main-quest game world, or will you have to start a new game?

Good question. However as the post-game world is essentially empty from a narrative point of view, I imagine it would only make sense for these to be post-game if they actually intend to do things like put Novigrad etc. in a 'narrative consistent' state with the way the main story ended... and that might be quite a lot of work

Last edited:
CANNOT WAIT!

It would be great if the expansions also affected the main story as well in some way. For example Shani becoming a valid romance choice like Triss and Yen.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for Saskia and Iorveth!

I'm hoping one of those expansions will allow us full access to Vizima.

The Hearts of Stone expansion is to take place in "the wilds of No Man’s Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt". So presumably mostly Velen and Oxenfurt, also White Orchard since the quest-giver seems to be the "Man of Glass".

I personally always felt that Oxenfurt seemed a bit "half-full" in Witcher 3, like there was less to do there than there should have been, especially with the university was closed off.

I just hope Iorveth and Saskia return in the first expansion.. Though I don't have much hope for Saskia considering she can die in Witcher 2. Iorveth on the other hand could very likely appear.

I think that we should get to see the Oxenfurt university in the expansion! As for Vizima, don´t see that happening.

The Hearts of Stone expansion is to take place in "the wilds of No Man’s Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt". So presumably mostly Velen and Oxenfurt, also White Orchard since the quest-giver seems to be the "Man of Glass".

I personally always felt that Oxenfurt seemed a bit "half-full" in Witcher 3, like there was less to do there than there should have been, especially with the university was closed off.

I completely agree with you on Oxenfurt. I initially thought more side quests were gonna open up later in the game, but none materialised.

Can't wait to bang Shani again!

And I wonder... will the devs make the effort to build in a a changing variable influenced by our our Shani/Triss decision in W1? :D

I think that's very unlikely.

One of the reasons is that console players wouldn't be able to import this decision. And even PC players would have to import a Witcher 2 save that was previously imported from The Witcher 1 (!).

Only if in some dialogue with Shani you can comment something about what you had back in Vizima, and then the game "understands" what your decision was.

But I'm not expecting that to be honest u.u

Last edited:
Great news. Now if only CDPR brought Kalkstein back as well.
Maybe we could meet him a few days before he gets burned, or even better, we could even be able to save him. :rolleyes:

It seems that he dies for plot. No bringing him back, it seems.

Great news. Now if only CDPR brought Kalkstein back as well.
Maybe we could meet him a few days before he gets burned, or even better, we could even be able to save him. :rolleyes:

Talking about Kalkstein i didn't understand why Geralt doesnt seem to remember him at all in TW3.

I really hope that these DLC's take place after the main story, i would love to see more of characters that were in the main story (Yennifer, Zoltan, Dandelion, etc) and also tons of new interesting characters (possibly from W1 + W2 that didn't make an appearance in wild hunt). It would be amazing to see these two DLC's affected by the choics you made in the game and the players game ending and world state.

Top Bottom