A first glimpse at the expansions

+
They can't take place after the ending and then affect the ending at the same time, right?

I think he means being affected by the ending rather than influencing it. Toussaint is fairly cut off from the world, can't imagine much affecting it either way.

I really hope that these DLC's take place after the main story, i would love to see more of characters that were in the main story (Yennifer, Zoltan, Dandelion, etc) and also tons of new interesting characters (possibly from W1 + W2 that didn't make an appearance in wild hunt). It would be amazing to see these two DLC's affected by the choics you made in the game and the players game ending and world state.

I would imagine that it will take place during the main story to flesh out Oxenfurt. Lovely city but does seem to be lacking in things to do. I would think that is because this expansion is bringing that content. The second one though, I am really not sure how that would fit into the main game so I am hoping that this will be post game. I can't see how it would be set before as we pretty much know what people were doing since Witcher 2. Could be stand alone though I guess, like the ones for The Witcher.

Talking about Kalkstein i didn't understand why Geralt doesnt seem to remember him at all in TW3.

I had the distinct impression that he did remember him. Geralt wanted to meet Kalkstein again. It was a bummer to hear that he died like a boss...I wanted to see him, damn it.

I just hope Iorveth and Saskia return in the first expansion.. Though I don't have much hope for Saskia considering she can die in Witcher 2. Iorveth on the other hand could very likely appear.

Iorveth can also die although off-screen.

Kaedweni soldiers capture him and you can choose not to save him.

So, first round of questions I went Roche's way.

Now im going the Ioverth/Saskia after the General asks me ingame, and now you guys here are telling me there is no path in W3 for that? So ill only have Roche to meet again?

Let's just hope Iorveth makes an apperance. In general, I hopeHearts Of Stone fleshes out Novigrad/Oxenfurt more. It's the smallest of the three big zones and hence also has the least amount of content. I had hoped since Novigrad is a city it would have a higher density of quests, but nope.

Last edited:
Let's just hope Iorveth makes an apperance. In general, I hope Blood & Stone fleshes out Novigrad/Oxenfurt more. It's the smallest of the three big zones and hence also has the least amount of content. I had hoped since Novigrad is a city it would have a higher density of quests, but nope.

Oxenfurt, in particular, seemed kind of just there. Seemed like there wasn't all that much to do quest-wise that was associated with Oxenfurt.

@GhostofAnakin Yeah, I think there was only three-ish quests in Oxenfurt total. And two of them were for the main-quest. Y'know what really pisses me off though? There are no side-quests on Temple Isle. Can you believe that?! An entire section of Novigrad without a side-quest. What's the point of even dividing the city into sections then?

Top Bottom