A first glimpse at the expansions

+
@GhostofAnakin Yeah, I think there was only three-ish quests in Oxenfurt total. And two of them were for the main-quest. Y'know what really pisses me off though? There are no side-quests on Temple Isle. Can you believe that?! An entire section of Novigrad without a side-quest. What's the point of even dividing the city into sections then?

There was that one quest that begins on Temple Isle, and only partially plays out there. That woman who approaches you on the bridge leading back to the main part of Novigrad, and then asks you to check out her house because of ghosts. But that's the only thing I can even think of that was on Temple Isle in terms of side quests. It certainly was quite devoid of quests.

For people asking about Iorveth / Saskia, https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/617957157934379009 at least he mentions they can be alive. Whether they'll ever feature in the game is something else entirely.

Well, he tells they are both safe (not just can be alive), which is fucked up from my story perspective. I kill the dragon practically on every play through, and the last thing I want is her miraculous resurrection. The same with Iorveth - I never go to save him in Vergen on Roche's path, and never save him in LM as well.
If they make it optional, depending on another two extra-questions about the past (they will have to add them to Geralt's conversation with Voorhies in Vizima), it will be super. If it is just like with Thaler - it would suck big time because TW2 had much more bearing on events and characters of TW3 than TW1.
TW3 already has a crap-load of character and motivation inconsistencies and retcons. The last thing I want is more character resurrections. I sure as hell hope the expansions and EE will make a story of TW3 better, not worse.

Last edited:
A small request to CDP. Please make the castle more Disney-ish;) I wan't it to look like this at night

or like this
Lol nice. Still wouldn't really fit with the narrative but I do love my Disney.

CANNOT WAIT!

It would be great if the expansions also affected the main story as well in some way. For example Shani becoming a valid romance choice like Triss and Yen.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for Saskia and Iorveth!
I'm really hoping for this. While I understand that the expansions aren't set after the events of the main story, it would be neat to at least link them to the main story in some way instead of completely disconnecting them from the rest of the game. That would be more much meaningful.

Nice! Anything more than the pic flowing around?

CDPR is among the few devs who earned prorder trust in my eyes.

No sir, I'm completely sure he doesnt. He mentions him as a "somebody called Kalkstein" or "a certain Kalkstein". He really doesn't.
Not really. He asks excited if Kalkstein is in Novigrad and where, and then he's all bummed after he hears he's dead.
At least that happened in my game.

It is an expansion pack :p

It is payed. Still cheap though.

My biggest question is:
Will it have retail editions? I am a collector, protect me CDPR! :( !

Actually, that's a good question. I prefer buying physical copies of games/expansions. But I'm assuming these two expansions won't be sold as physical copies. Hopefuly CDPR can clarify.

I would like to see more interaction about (after main stroy) the previous romances depending if you chose Yennefer or Tris :)

Hopefully Kalkstein will make another mention or a return in one of the upcoming DLCs.

The church of the eternal fire burnt Kalkstein in the stake, i guess the only way to see him is with the lamp keira metz gave us.

I paln to create vizima and vizima outskirts in a mod if cdpr will not add them, seems like an interesting challenge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom