A good Cyberpunk game. When?

+
Nah, I and most people here in this forum just want the game they promissed.

At the very least the game shown in trailers and demos, which was better in every single aspect shown from gameplay to rulesets (including humanity costs for cyberware and many other features). Just give that game back.

If YOU are currently happy with the game, go play it and have fun : )

Can't say anything more.

Sure we could make a Kickstarter and gather some people to make a CP2077 foundation and enhance it but it was already mentioned to be like "the game we desire - breathtaking and the next step in the ladder of pc game experience"

Nah, I and most people here in this forum just want the game they promissed.

At the very least the game shown in trailers and demos, which was better in every single aspect shown from gameplay to rulesets (including humanity costs for cyberware and many other features). Just give that game back.

If YOU are currently happy with the game, go play it and have fun : )
Part of the reason I don't go neck deep into info dives and hype trains on games is so they never under-deliver. (3) Mentioned but missing features list | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED is a good thread on getting the game they were promised.

Much like my post in that thread: This game can live up to the hype over time and could get all the features shown/promised. NMS did the same thing.

Part of the reason I don't go neck deep into info dives and hype trains on games is so they never under-deliver. (3) Mentioned but missing features list | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED is a good thread on getting the game they were promised.

Much like my post in that thread: This game can live up to the hype over time and could get all the features shown/promised. NMS did the same thing.
On that we can agree. Many missing / unfinished features.

To me it feels all the money went on: new engine (still unfinished, poorly optimized, incomplete); Keanu Reeves; Voice Acting (mostly really good though); graphics. Everything else: 60% missing.

In fact the game is a good Cyberpunk game in general but it just did not deliver in many aspects. The real RPG element should have been much more developed and much smarter. And the city was supposed to be more interactive and as people say "alive " . In fact, I have to say the game it not that bad but it is MUCH LESS THAN EXPECTED. And it surely cannot cost 60 EU with all those bugs and missing the greatness of The Witcher, and do not forget the stupid AI which kind of ruin Cyberpunk. Im sorry I paid 60 EU but I cant say Im sorry for investing 65 h. in this. I have tons of mixed feeling here. It is not possible to say it is great and it is not fair to say it totally sucks, the truth is inbetween

Didnt you give an attention to the game? It has almost everything with Cyberpunk-theme. It fullfilled the core, but what you want to say, it's about RPG-elements. RPG and Cyberpunk-theme are apples and pairs.

This game isn't RPG as originally planned. CDRP called it action-adventure.

This game is not only not an RPG as originally planned... it is also not the game that was originally planned and heavily advertised... not even close! i am 150 hours into the game and have done everything there is to do and all i have to say... it is disappointing... it is just genuinely saddening to see what could have been and just isn't for what ever reason!

There is a lot of missed oppurunity with this game, I'm not going into the detail of what is and isn't an RPG, this is an RPG but its a little bit lack luster. It's more of a looter shooter imo with an open world

There is a lot of missed oppurunity with this game, I'm not going into the detail of what is and isn't an RPG, this is an RPG but its a little bit lack luster. It's more of a looter shooter imo with an open world

I would say 80% of the game is a missed opportunity... and a huge one at that! Some of the decisions that have been made are just mindboggling... i mean just why would take elements from gta v (crowds/cars/city/police system) borderlands (looter shooter "RPG") fallout (V.A.T.S. system) to then butcher them all... if i take ideas from others and "implement" those in my game at the very least those implementations should be as good as in the games those ideas were taken from... but no, almost every aspect of this game (except for the visuals) seem like a placeholder... lackluster... horribly implemented or downright broken to the point of non functionality. And that is not even taken into account the obviously cut content and misleading advertising! This game ist not even close to feature complete let alone gold! It is a fancy alfa version of a game that has been promised to revolutionize the the open world rpg genre... and not only did it not deliver on that lofty ideal.. it is a mediocre shooter... a decent story adventure with a hilariously bad looting system and non existing open world elements (except for the stunning map). The true tragedy is... that every single aspect of the game... from ui to gameplay to even the story and mission designe has been done bevor and it has been done better... far, faaaar better! In some instances done far better decades ago! I tryed everything to like this game... for 150 hours... and all it did was... disappoint me... if you never played borderlands, gta v, mass effect 1- 3, elder scrolls v or fallout new vegas... you might find this game entertaining... but if you played even one of those to its fullest (let alone all of them) you see cyberpunk 2077 for what it is... a disappointment and a enormous missed opportunity on nearly every level. Just sad...

Last edited:
I would say 80% of the game is a missed opportunity... and a huge one at that! Some of the decisions that have been made are just mindboggling... i mean just why would take elements from gta v (crowds/cars/city/police system) borderlands (looter shooter "RPG") fallout (V.A.T.S. system) to then butcher them all... if i take ideas from others and "implement" those in my game at the very least those implementations should be as good as in the games those ideas were taken from... but no, almost every aspect of this game (except for the visuals) seem like a placeholder... lackluster... horribly implemented or downright broken to the point of non functionality. And that is not even taken into account the obviously cut content and misleading advertising! This game ist not even close to feature complete let alone gold! It is a fancy alfa version of a game that has been promised to revolutionize the the open world rpg genre... and not only did it not deliver on that lofty ideal.. it is a mediocre shooter... a decent story adventure with a hilariously bad looting system and non existing open world elements (except for the stunning map). The true tragedy is... that every single aspect of the game... from ui to gameplay to even the story and mission designe has been done bevor and it has been done better... far, faaaar better! In some instances done far better decades ago! I tryed everything to like this game... for 150 hours... and all it did was... disappoint me... if you never played borderlands, gta v, mass effect 1- 3, elder scrolls v or fallout new vegas... you might find this game entertaining... but if you played even one of those to its fullest (let alone all of them) you see cyberpunk 2077 for what it is... a disappointment and a enormous missed opportunity on nearly every level. Just sad...

Feels like most of the people whom actually played more than 20 hours of the game eventually feel the same. Just look at the inumerous threads and posts on the topic.

The game feels like it’s in a really strange spot. I love the characters, the storyline, the atmosphere, etc, but it just never manages to put the elements together to make it THE BEST GAME EVER like I was expecting from the hype. Maybe if it had delivered on a handful of the things from the “promised but missing” features list? I’m not sure, I can’t put it directly into words. I really, truly thought this would be my favorite game once it came out and I honestly don’t even know what to think of it. I feel like I love it but I also don’t even want to look at it. I didn’t even fault them on the bugs, even game breaking ones that forced me to reload from a previous checkpoint. I was more than happy to overlook that because I was just enjoying everything going on and (as previous comments mention) RPGs like this are getting rarer and rarer, but as I played on my rose-colored glasses slipped.

It’s like if you took only half of GTA IV and half of Dragon Age 2, and this was what you got when you blended them together. Relationships/friendships feel half cooked compared to games we had a decade ago. I never, in a million years, thought I would miss the “would you like to go bowling?” calls. Combat is fun, but nothing ground-breaking. Morality system is non-existent and the police are somehow omnipotent and yet lack object permanence. Endings are... meh and also locked beyond a point of no return you can’t escape so replaying with different life paths feels completely pointless beyond seeing the different prologues. The story is short, I feel unfulfilled watching the credits scroll, and you can’t play on afterwards. Kind of like they took the ingredients of a delicious meal and then served them up without cooking them.

If they treat the missing features list like a to-do list, then we’ll have a great cyberpunk game when they finish it. If what we’ve got now is as good as it gets then I’ll keep an eye out for the actual year 2077 I guess, see if we can fare a little better.

The game feels like it’s in a really strange spot. I love the characters, the storyline, the atmosphere, etc, but it just never manages to put the elements together to make it THE BEST GAME EVER like I was expecting from the hype. Maybe if it had delivered on a handful of the things from the “promised but missing” features list? I’m not sure, I can’t put it directly into words. I really, truly thought this would be my favorite game once it came out and I honestly don’t even know what to think of it. I feel like I love it but I also don’t even want to look at it. I didn’t even fault them on the bugs, even game breaking ones that forced me to reload from a previous checkpoint. I was more than happy to overlook that because I was just enjoying everything going on and (as previous comments mention) RPGs like this are getting rarer and rarer, but as I played on my rose-colored glasses slipped.

It’s like if you took only half of GTA IV and half of Dragon Age 2, and this was what you got when you blended them together. Relationships/friendships feel half cooked compared to games we had a decade ago. I never, in a million years, thought I would miss the “would you like to go bowling?” calls. Combat is fun, but nothing ground-breaking. Morality system is non-existent and the police are somehow omnipotent and yet lack object permanence. Endings are... meh and also locked beyond a point of no return you can’t escape so replaying with different life paths feels completely pointless beyond seeing the different prologues. The story is short, I feel unfulfilled watching the credits scroll, and you can’t play on afterwards. Kind of like they took the ingredients of a delicious meal and then served them up without cooking them.

If they treat the missing features list like a to-do list, then we’ll have a great cyberpunk game when they finish it. If what we’ve got now is as good as it gets then I’ll keep an eye out for the actual year 2077 I guess, see if we can fare a little better.
Exactly my experience with the game. The more you play, the more you see trough the whole emptiness behind the illusion. It's worst in that aspect than many other games , you don't get long hidden optional quest chains with different endings themselves like the guilds in Oblivion or even some Witcher 3 quests, you don't get the GTA open world polish, you don't get the interactivity and immersion witn the world from Yakuza, you don't get the cyberpunk slow tactical action combat from Deus Ex Human Revolution and Metal Gear Solid 4, and so on... there is no single gameplay element in which the game excels above other older comparable titles, not that it needed to be better but at least as good. And the only unique thing is the setting, which doesn't impact the gameplay as it should (humanity costs, proper bounty hunts, gang wars, warzones, hardcore ruleset well implemented, balancing and no overpowering builds, etc.). Feels like 80% of the money and time went on the new engine which is still terribly non optimized, graphics which are great but way too demanding and inconsistent, voice acting and Keanu Reeves (nothing against him).

Wish more time and money actually went into side quests, creating hubs in the world, branching and interlacing paths, tons of side activities and mini games, balancing, making gameplay and combat challenging and fun and more like modern Deus Ex titles or Metal Gear Solid 4 (both which are full of fitting Cyberpunk gadgets and many ways to use them and approach combat in an action but tactical and slower paced way)... all of that.

@faverodefavero I agree with you and many people here in a lot of things, I think classic anime cyberpunk is what they should have aimed at in terms of environment and overal aesthetics, retro futuristis 80s style in machinery and everything, plus in terms of what we interact with, the people and all that, the city in CP20177 sure looks cool but it feels empty, I have seen a certain unity demo thats about a flying car and some building here:

MegaCity

thats the same (well not the same of course, I mean its aesthetically cool but its empty). A friend and I have been talking about a rpg adventure game that we could make some day around Bubblegum Crisis universe where one could enter into buildings and wander around places finding data, talking to people and investigating stuff, well, actually there is a team that have been working in other BGC project for a certain while, but I dont know the status of their project as the communication between their group and us is a bit scarce, I can update you on some things or tell you what we have in mind and listen to what you can suggest, if you have discord, if you or other people with these interests and likings wish to join here is the discord server, but beware, I work on games either alone or in super small groups so things we/I can do are limited to the power we/I have =)

Bubblegum Crisis Project

Yea... now they did, when they realized they couldn't pull of what they set out to do.
I have been giving this game a full understandable amount of bad collision to mesh match-ups. Even looking the other way sometimes when I see NPCs leaning against invisible walls and people standing around with their arms fully extended like their HIK animations didn't load or something. This statement really tells me a lot though. I can understand when projects get so detailed with so little people to help that the Devs could've just said "F**K IT! Let's just simplify it so the game stops crashing", and "that's good enough". They could've just let me robust test the game and give out all the coordinates of all the crap that stands out, but when I learned that Rockstar Games were involved I ended up saying f**k it because with my previous experience with GTA games were the same. They should've just let me robust test the thing to map out and tag all the coordinates and weapon stats disappearing due to the PC not having the correct resolution. I'm running a 2021 brand new top of the line best buy computer with an RTX video card so I am more than certain all the game fixes are there; they are just figuring which patches wont keep crashing the game or something.

At least Keanu Reeves hyped it up enough to hide lack of funding towards the details and glitch work outs in the game and just get it released. I really just wish that driving a car around didn't feel like I'm operating a big bulldozer from a computer like in the movie Avatar.

Last edited:
How long will it take to have a GOOD Cyberpunk themed open world branching paths RPG game?

I'm talking real Cyberpunk, 80s Anime style kind of setting, combustion engine cars, zero science fiction stuff but 100% true Cyberpunk (think Akira, Ghost In The Shell, Bubblegum Crisis). Cyberpunk 2020 / RED is really just all of that I described in it's origins, a great scenario and RPG ruleset and deserved better, a shame now the IP is CDPR restricted.

I want something with the open world IA and polish of GTA V, gameplay of modern Deus Ex games but harder and better, interaction, side activities and immersion of Yakuza / Shenmue, quality of writing, main characters and side quests from Witcher 3, and a good RPG ruleset with hardcore RPG mechanics and custom character development and skill specialization all with a Cyberpunk theme, attitude and overall disregard for censorship and political correctness but at the same time embracing differences and sexual freedom as commonplace.

Drugs, alcohol, sex and nudity overload, ultra violence, existentialism crisis, mechanical implants, artificial intelligence, 80s future technology mixed with current and old technology... all this together is what makes Cyberpunk, Cyberpunk. Game directors should keep it mind, and maybe watch 80s Cyberpunk anime to absorb the whole true vibe regularly while making such a game.

I believe this game can and should be done. There are already examples of similar games in other settings already... but now that CDPR dropped the ball I doubt anyone else will try making such a dream game.

So, that's the discussion: how long (more) you guys think it'll take for us the get such a game delivered by any developer?
its out, called cyberpunk 2077. choom

8 years of full development, including conception, ideas, all, not just raw production / programing.
The development behind cyberpunk began in 2016 after finishing Blood and Wine.
Yes they tried to make a Cyberpunk game since 2008 but the team that was working on it, joined The Witcher 2 development team and they wanted to start making the game again after finishing The Witcher 3 so they released the CGI trailer in 2012.

Cyberpunk 2. So 2030? Holy Crap Im gonna be sooo old then.

I honestly believe Cyberpunk 2 is gonna be 200% better, and CDPR should move straight to sequel.
Post automatically merged:

I guess when Rockstar Games decides to make a cyberpunk game, GTA 20 in the year 2077 ;)

Activision has moved to Poland from my understanding with one studio or so. If that matters.

It was shooter... maybe its Cyberpunk?

Last edited:
When I think RPG, I think complex ruleset systems, long 100h+ main story lines... Ballers Gate 1 and 2 and expansions, Neverwinter Nights 1 and expansions, Planescape Torment, Witcher 1, Gothic 1, Final Fantasy 8, 9 and Tactics, Pillars Of Eternity 1 and 2, Elder Scrolls Morrowind and Oblivion, Tactics Ogre, Vampire Bloodlines, Witcher 1 Enhanced, Knights of The Old Republic, Persona 4 and 5, Dragon Age Origins... these games come to mind, some more linear, some with many branching paths... but all with many complex and deep characters, LONG competing and detailed stories, tons of world building lore... they were a JOURNEY, a long odyssey, full of struggles and took hundreds of hours to finish. That's what comes to mind when I think "good RPG".

Now when people say "open world" my favorite ones are "open hubs" like Shemnue and Yakuza series, full of side quests and activities, mini games, a small ~ medium sized world but full of immersion and interaction. Those are the best open worlds to me.

When I think what Cyberpunk 2077 was supposed to be: a mix of Deus Ex Human Revolution / Metal Gear 4 "tactical action" gameplay mixed with a classic very long compelling deep RPG narrative and characters and within a medium but fully interactive open world (like, say, Yakuza), and maybe some hints of GTA V here and there because drivable cars and city. To me that's what was advertised all along.
Post automatically merged:

The world needs more classic long RPG journeys : (

Haha...I know that this post is quite old, but I just have to comment on such a funny thing. Neverwinter 1 given as an example for 'deep RPG' is just too funny. And not a thing I thought I would ever encounter:D
....and why do people have Baldur's gate 1 for such an amazing RPG? I mean I understand if it is about Shadows of amn, but 1.....why?

Last edited:
Top Bottom