A good written synopsis of the storyline(s) and its branches?

+
Hello everybody. Unfortunately I have no place where I could post this question and googling for it hasn't really helped me so far...

As an occassional CP77 gamer (2-3 hours per week), not a native English speaker, and not in my 20es anymore, I tend to not always fully understand all the "detes" of what's going on in the main quests, also I tend to forget what has happened the last time I played. Also, I do a lot of gigs and random street fights, so I have 75+ hours on my account and am still in Act 2 (have I mentioned how I fricking love this game?).
Well, I find this extremely sad, because I think the main quest (but also a lot of side quests) are absolutely gorgeous storytelling. So what I am looking for is a good written (!) synopsis of what's happening in the storyline(s) and its branches. No, not a video, and not a walkthrough. Rather an explanation of why things are as they are. For example, a better explanation of the backstory of Alt, Mikoshi, Soulkiller, and how that stuff is called. Can of course (and should) contain spoilers, I'm only going to read through what I've already played.
There must be something, mustn't it?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hello everybody. Unfortunately I have no place where I could post this question and googling for it hasn't really helped me so far...

As an occassional gamer (2-3 hours per week), not a native English speaker, and not in my 20es anymore, I tend to not always fully understand all the "detes" of what's going on in the main quests, also I tend to forget what has happened the last time I played. Also, I do a lot of gigs and random street fights, so I have 75+ hours on my account and am still in Act 2 (have I mentioned how I fricking love this game?).
Well, I find this extremely sad, because I think the main quest (but also a lot of side quests) are absolutely gorgeous storytelling. So what I am looking for is a good written (!) synopsis of what's happening in the storyline(s) and its branches. No, not a video, and not a walkthrough. Rather an explanation of why things are as they are. For example, a better explanation of the backstory of Alt, Mikoshi, Soulkiller, and how that stuff is called. Can of course (and should) contain spoilers, I'm only going to read through what I've already played.
There must be something, mustn't it?
Thanks
Honestly, very diffcult to resume with words without doing a "huge" (gigantic) post :(
But even if video is not the greatest thing, I could recommand this guy, who make one video by quest and 100% the games (so you don't miss shards, no computer messages nor anything). Simply find the quest you want to "remember".
Cyberpunk 2077 - 100% Walkthrough (Very Hard) (4K) [PS5]
Or if you also want, you can have more infos on the Wiki (not official), but rather complete.
https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Cyberpunk_Wiki

Edit :
And if you want even more, try to get hold of books like these ones (there are many others):
Night City - A City Sourcebook for Night City
Cyberpunk Red - The Roleplaying Game of the Dark Futur
Cyberpunk Red - Jumpstart Kit World Book

Last edited:
As @LeKill3rFou pointed the wiki is a nice place to look for lore,npcs biography... , for the source material Cyberpunk Red is the updated version of the universe at 2045,be careful with CP2020 source material because some is non-canon or branched to alternatives storylines. CDPR published a book called:The World of Cyberpunk 2077 that covers the gap between CPRED(2045) and CP2077.

As @LeKill3rFou pointed the wiki is a nice place to look for lore,npcs biography... , for the source material Cyberpunk Red is the updated version of the universe at 2045,be careful with CP2020 source material because some is non-canon or branched to alternatives storylines. CDPR published a book called:The World of Cyberpunk 2077 that covers the gap between CPRED(2045) and CP2077.
But... what I don't understand: so that actual main story of CP2077 is based on CPRED? I'm really only interested in the story of the game itself, not in previous fiction (of course I like CP as a universe, but I only want to know about the game this time). In the end it's just for me to stay up to date to the game and enjoy the quests a bit more, because I know what's going on.

But... what I don't understand: so that actual main story of CP2077 is based on CPRED? I'm really only interested in the story of the game itself, not in previous fiction (of course I like CP as a universe, but I only want to know about the game this time). In the end it's just for me to stay up to date to the game and enjoy the quests a bit more, because I know what's going on.
There are parts of CP2077 like Soulkiller, Alt, Blackwall that comes from CPRED(the 1st Flashback that you have as Johnny actually is from CP2020-or CP2013 not sure-). If you are mostly interested with the in-game story, I would go with the wiki.

Yes it's based/inspired by Cyberpunk Red (for quote only this one) ;)
Alt, Johnny, Soulkiller, Blackwall, Smasher, Rogues for example come from Cyberpunk by Mike Pondsmith.
And yes, like @Didacgomez say, for just remind some quest parts, wiki or videos (if the Youtuber make them by quest, easy to find what you are searching).

For example, one page of Cyberpunk Red (the role playing game of the dark futur) - Rogue and Santiago (who you see in the game in Johnny's memory). Page 9 of 456...
Page_9.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom