A group of Anti-Privacy California state legislators are attempting to sneak through a bit of legislation privacy defeating backdoors

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
A group of Anti-Privacy California state legislators are attempting to sneak through a bit of legislation privacy defeating backdoors

Ok I have no idea what to think, but I think this is terrible to force people to do this.

A group of state legislators in California want everything to have a backdoor, not just for mobile devices, but for ALL devices.

Late in 2015 I heard that they outright want to ban or introduce as much surveillance as possible in anything related to Linux as well. With plans to move it entirely nation wide. The Linux stuff I mentioned is not written in this website I liked, but there was talk about it here in California in late 2015.

This scares me. First the FBI wants all encryptions to all iPhones, now California's government wants this.

Why does the U.S. Government want this so badly?

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB1681

Well, some just sleep and dream of 1984. Either they think that society is ready for embracing the Big Brother, or they want to commit political suicide.

Forum veteran
I knew it was only a matter of time. That's why I did all those phone searches for Backstreet Boys tickets, merchandise, and biographies which I clearly have no use or desire for. ALL TO THROW THEM OFF THE TRAIL AND FOR NO OTHER REASON.

Anyway, I propose we refer to phone backdoors as "smartphone sodomy" from now on. Hard to say if that catching on would be enough to cause politicians to backpedal away from it, but at least it'd make the whole conversation more interesting.

Which in the context of Apple reminds me this ad:

Which in turn is based on this one:

[video=youtube;VtvjbmoDx-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtvjbmoDx-I[/video]

Moderator: Current political controversies are not within the purpose of this forum. Discussion is closed and will not be resumed. You have had your say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom