A Like Supreme by SAMURAI (Refused)

+

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED

Hello, Night City!

Your favourite band is back with a fresh single: A Like Supreme!

Check it out:

It is now also available on Spotify and other music streaming platforms!

My favorite Samurai track so far. There’s something about its composition that just hit the right spots for my taste :ok:

This is not a band I could imagine Keanu Reeves (Johnny Silverhand) playing in, let alone leading a revolution with.

The samurai logo is cool but that's as far as it goes for me, being a musician myself all 4 songs are a no-go, so far none of the songs from this band give me any 'revolting cyberpunk' vibes whatsoever, it unfortunately comes across as weak talent and uninteresting sound, it really doesn't match the games overall dark vibe. :giveup:

Thankfully I've already got a collection of dark glitchy / digital synth cyberpunk appropriate music ready to go for my gameplay.
(Saints Row 3 Media OST, among others.)

The badass samurai logo far exceeds the talent, I hope this music doesn't pop up often in the game.

Last edited:
My least favorite so far, but in fairness thats what i thought when i listened to Ballad of Buck Ravers which grew on me after a while

Not something of my tastes (I'm more into electronic glitchy stuff and 70's 80's Japanese pop right now), but this track has some RATM flavour/inspiration which is good.

Well, two first pieces were rock solid (not the best pieces of music out there, but clearly above average), the last two are not as good, with "the ballad" being the worst. But... It reminds me about Black Flag. Although their music became more and more weird and disconnected from the fans' expectations (and, objectiveley, became piece of shit), their popularity didn't fade, on the contrary, their literal big "fuck you fans, we said we hate you, you piece of shits" brought new people into the fan base.
The same could be with Johnny Silverhand and the Samurai. They don't care about what fans think, if they don't like the music, fuck them, they can go fuck themselves and listen to some Arasaka Boysband. That's a full rockerboy attitude. Cyberpunk as fuck.

Top Bottom